Question for those with integrated locks

For the gearheads in the audience
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Re: Question for those with integrated locks

Post by Tom Allen »

slave d wrote:The biggest issue i've found with the integrated locks is that i need a very small gap between A-ring and cage or i lose a testicle through the gap
The Steelwerks Extreme guys have a design which features a clamp of sorts which is attached to the cuff ring and holds the testicles in place.

http://www.steelwerksextreme.com/male-c ... stity-cage

While the clamp looks a bit ungainly, I think that something like this might be a good compromise for guys that prefer a larger gap, but suffer from testicle slippage.
0 x
slave d

Post by slave d »

Must say i like the look of that AND the "full metal jacket" too. i "may" tell MsM about the full metal jacket as She's always liked the idea of everything enclosed !!

MsM's ld
0 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
williebking

Post by williebking »

A previous poster mentioned a Holy Trainer knockoff, with a questionable lock. I have this exact one, and indeed, the lock did go kaput, within a month. The key stopped going in. It freaked me out, because this thing is solid steel with the lock encased in steel. I might have been somewhat turned on by the scenario of being stuck in this thing, but I hadn't adjusted to it yet, and it had to come off for cleaning. Luckily, it broke in such a way that it wasn't "locked." I just had to slide it out. So, I'm glad to see that there is a more reliable option out there.

Still, I am looking for a more comfortable, hygienic, model that I can wear long term, without the need for removal.
0 x
slave d

Post by slave d »

For those with cheap metal cages with integrated locks that have an issue with the movement of the lock causing gap issues. That's the problem i have and i kept losing one testicle. After trying all sorts of adjustments and things i have finally got a solution that works well for me. Basically each side of the lock i now have a zip tie around the A ring and the first cage ring, this locks the two together completely with no play left at all and so no problems any more with testicle loss. The lock is still locked and doing its job but the zip ties just hold everything solid. This wouldnt do the job for anybody who wants to escape anyway as the zip ties can be cut off but the lock is still doing its job and i'm one if those who doesnt want to be uncaged anyway. If anybody wants a pic they could PM me and i'll send one to them (junk accepted).

MsM's ld
0 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
heelwalker

Post by heelwalker »

After some experimentation over the last two years, I finally settled on two of the Chinese integrated lock cages. Mine don't seem to have model numbers, but I've included some links. I'm sure glad I stuck with it, because these units are exactly what Herself and I were looking for. Long term wearing, good looking and practical. And yeah, the lock was a pain at first - glad I had two because the first lock just fell to pieces after one or two uses - but some fine oil and a bit of light wet/dry sanding took the sharp edges off. Now it's all fun and games.

http://www.dhgate.com/product/china-hig ... 2328627241

http://www.dhgate.com/product/magic-loc ... 2328627241
0 x
jfenoffti

Post by jfenoffti »

heelwalker: Looks like the gap is relatively large in the photos. Have you measured it? What is it? Cage inside diameter too - while I'm asking. : )
0 x
Bird in a Cage

Post by Bird in a Cage »

jfenoffti wrote:heelwalker: Looks like the gap is relatively large in the photos. Have you measured it? What is it? Cage inside diameter too - while I'm asking. : )
+1
0 x
Securely within an MCN Adaptus.
Bird in a Cage

Post by Bird in a Cage »

Tom Allen wrote:Well, I pulled the trigger and ordered it. I'll know for sure in a couple of weeks.
I think you might be a bad influence on me... I just bought two 304 stainless cages from DHgate with integrated locks and a soldering iron from Amazon (with a spool of silver solder). It will like be a month or more before I have all the items to start working on them, but I'll shoot pictures and upload them as I progress into a post-less device.
0 x
Securely within an MCN Adaptus.
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Tom Allen »

Well, we may have a winner here:

This solid tube model finally came in, and I have to say that this is one of the most comfortable units I've tried.

I had ordered a spare ring to experiment with, and ended up removing the integrated lock section to wear as a full-time cock ring, and I'd been very happy with that, so I ordered an entire cage for less than $20.

I had some concerns in ordering the 45mm cuff ring because it's only a hair over 1-3/4", and I prefer the 1-7/8" solid rings), but the ergonomic shape (it's a cast ring) is surprisingly comfortable to wear. I was concerned that adding a cage and 4am erections would be painful, but it turned out to be barely noticeable.
The width makes it less likely to move around or slip, and the cage itself is surprisingly light weight (the unit came in just under 6 oz), making daily wear much less of a problem than my 12 oz Fort.

While I do prefer the shape of the Fort/CB3000, this has an open-end cage that makes it easy to use at the urinals, and easy to keep clean. Size-wise, it's just a bit smaller than the Fort/CB3000: 33mm (1-5/16 inside) vs 35mm (1-3/8) and 60 mm long (2-3/8) vs 70mm (2-3/4) - but measuring the length of these things are tricky. The inside diameter is just small enough to keep me from slipping out, even in the shower, while the Fort needs one of those KSD inserts to keep things in place - although that's partly due to the weight. Also, the size and shape of the cuff ring make pulling out (for me) more difficult. Of course, this is in a shower in the New England winter; it's possible that a shower after a hot summer day when everything is loosened up may be different.

It came with a ring with 3 pointy teeth on it to fit across the guide pins (the teeth are underneath), but they were too painful to even put on. I had a chance to grind them back to something more reasonable, but not sure when I'll get a chance to try them.
0 x
wolf513

Post by wolf513 »

The Grinder wrote: The lock needs on-going care. You will want to lubricate it and clean it when possible. I use WD-40. I wear mine in the pool, shower etc. We clean once every seven to ten days. I likely could skip maintenance on the lock sometimes, but the WD-40 only takes seconds so why skip it?
I just wanted to add that, in general, lubricants that don't leave residue are better for locks. A dry PTFE (teflon), or even silicone would be preferred by a locksmith for most uses.

That said, depending on the composition of materials in the lock, WD-40 might be better for this application. If any of the parts are not made of corrosion resistant metals (eg: regular steel), then WD-40 might actually be better, because of it's hydrophobic properties. No idea what these locks are actually made of, though. :)
0 x