Jailbird

For the gearheads in the audience
Chastehusband

Jailbird

Post by Chastehusband »

I am currently locked in a cb6000s, I have only been locked for two weeks, but I find the cb6000s pretty comfortable save two exceptions. I find it can get a little warm, as in retain heat a little bit. I also find the ring to feel a bit bulky, I am using the second largest ring.

I am therefore giving the jailbird serious consideration, and was wondering if people found it to be less bulky than the plastic devices, and also how does the oval ring work, is it oval as in shorter width wise or shorter height wise?

Cheers
Jonathan
0 x
Atone
Re: Jailbird

Post by Atone »

Chastehusband wrote:I am currently locked in a cb6000s, I have only been locked for two weeks, but I find the cb6000s pretty comfortable save two exceptions. I find it can get a little warm, as in retain heat a little bit. I also find the ring to feel a bit bulky, I am using the second largest ring.

I am therefore giving the jailbird serious consideration, and was wondering if people found it to be less bulky than the plastic devices, and also how does the oval ring work, is it oval as in shorter width wise or shorter height wise?

Cheers
Jonathan
I went from a CB3000 to a jailbird. Two of them actually. The first I got sized the same as a CB6000s, 1 3/8 diameter, 2 1/2 length. It was a lot less bulky than the CB and a lot more discreet. I then ordered one that was 1 1/8 diameter and 2 1/4 length. It is amazing how much smaller this one is. I was comparing the two of them earlier today and you couldn't believe how much difference a 1/4 makes.

The oval is made by taking a round ring of the specified diameter and flattening it so it is wider than it is tall. It isn't very oval, almost round. I have no way of knowing if it makes a difference or not. It is so much better than the big thick round ring of the CB3000.

The entire package is a lot less bulking and just feels better than the plastic. Also very easy to keep clean. I have been in the current device for 21 days straight without being unlocked for any reason. No problems that couldn't be easily overcome. I did feel the need to soak in the tub last week but probably would have been able to just shower real good. I had pulled a muscle in my leg so it was easy to convince myself to soak in a nice hot bath.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions,

-A
1 x
Chastehusband

Post by Chastehusband »

How do you find nocturnal erections in there. I am still honing the exact fitting for my cb6000s - I'm pretty new to this, I found that the second smallest spacer and middle sized ring were comfortable in the day, but painful at night. I found the largest ring and second smallest spacer to be comfortable at all times, but a little bulky as mentioned above. Today I've moved down a ring size and up a space size to see if it is still ok at night.

My point being I'm using the cb6000s to dial in my fitting which is comfortable day and night, then I'll use those measurements to order the jailbird. I think I would also like the diameter to be a little narrower hence a little more secure feeling. How do you find the narrower diameter?

Cheers
Jonathan
0 x
Atone

Post by Atone »

Chastehusband wrote:How do you find nocturnal erections in there. I am still honing the exact fitting for my cb6000s - I'm pretty new to this, I found that the second smallest spacer and middle sized ring were comfortable in the day, but painful at night. I found the largest ring and second smallest spacer to be comfortable at all times, but a little bulky as mentioned above. Today I've moved down a ring size and up a space size to see if it is still ok at night.

My point being I'm using the cb6000s to dial in my fitting which is comfortable day and night, then I'll use those measurements to order the jailbird. I think I would also like the diameter to be a little narrower hence a little more secure feeling. How do you find the narrower diameter?

Cheers
Jonathan
They're a bitch sometimes. Like this morning. I don't know why. Get up, go pee, go back to bed. Only thing I have figured out to do. Occasionally I will lube a little, I usually don't use any at all. I had to this morning.

Most of the time they aren't that bad. I actually find the smaller diameter, shorter tube is better than the larger one was. My theory is that it 'traps' the erection sooner and somehow that reduces the amount it tries to grow.

I used the CB3000 to figure out the the base ring diameter and gap. That part I got right. I had to do some guessing on the length and cage diameter. Until you try it you just don't know. There is a chance that I will be getting yet another, same length slightly larger diameter (1 1/4). I think the ring at the end near the head of the penis is a little too small. Skin get trapped in there and I worry about edema. I keep an eye on it and move it around in the morning and usually it is ok all day. Sometimes I have to adjust during the day too. I think I would be more comfortable knowing I didn't have to worry about it.

The small tube I am in now is very secure. I could probably pull my penis out if I tried real hard, not the testicles, they're trapped good. I don't think there is any chance I could get back in to it though. It is difficult enough with it unlocked. Difficult isn't really quite the right word, it just takes time. I have to be completely flaccid to get it on.

-A
1 x
Tutor

Post by Tutor »

Hi Atone,
Any problems with the weight difference? The steel being that much heaver?
Tutor
0 x
Tutor
Atone

Post by Atone »

Tutor wrote:Hi Atone,
Any problems with the weight difference? The steel being that much heaver?
Tutor
The CB series are about 3 oz with the lock. My jailbird is a little under 6 oz with the lock. So yeah, it is twice as heavy. At the same time it is only 6 oz. I don't usually notice it as being that different.

Getting the fit right is real important though. With the right fit it isn't hanging on my testicles as much, the weight is better supported. Also, I like to wear reasonably snug fitting underwear. I can tell later in the day when I wear the looser ones, my balls start to ache a bit.

-A
1 x
kdubb

Post by kdubb »

I've been wearing my JailBird almost non-stop since it arrived in the mail this past June. I can't say enough about MatureMetal and their customer service. Also, the quality of the product is top shelf. I had worn both the CB6000s and the Bon4. Both had the same issue for me--since neither device has many ventilation holes, the devices became a "sweatbox" for my penis--not healthy. Using spray nozles and q-tips for cleaning was a veary time-consuming and laborious process for me. The JailBird is an open cage design and it is so easy to clean. I just sqeeze a soapy rag over the cage during my shower and rinse. It's that easy. I too have the oval ring and it works very well. I think the oval ring is more comfortable and allows more movement for my testicles. I wore my JailBird for 80 days straight without removal and the only issue that I encountered (about a week in) was a slight irritation on my scrotum. Nothing that some topical cream didn't take care of. The first few days I applied the cream as I felt the irritation. Once the skin had adjusted, then I only used the cream in the mornings after my shower and then once before bed. Now, I only occasionally use the topical cream as needed--less and less as my lockup time progressed. I ordered my JailBird to be snug on purpose. The least amount of movement and allowances for growth is best. Nocturnal erections were a slight issue the first few nights but not so much anymore. Once in a while it will wake me up but if I take a piss, then things calm down and I can sleep again. Here are the details and measurements of my MatureMetal JailBird: Base Ring (around scrotum): Oval 1 3/4" with a 1/4" gap between cage and base ring. Cage Dimensions: Inside diamiter: 1 1/8". Cage Length: 2".
1 x
kdubb
Dev

Post by Dev »

Thanks for that review. The size you ordered is almost exactly the same as the one I have due to arrive this week, except the inside diameter is 1 1/4".

D
0 x
The Key is on my Nipple Ring
a couple's explorations with a chaste life, from the wife's point of view
Dev's Gallery
my stash of good looking men
Keyheld: Chastity Resources for Lovers
Atone

Post by Atone »

kdubb wrote:I've been wearing my JailBird almost non-stop since it arrived in the mail this past June. I can't say enough about MatureMetal and their customer service. Also, the quality of the product is top shelf. I had worn both the CB6000s and the Bon4. Both had the same issue for me--since neither device has many ventilation holes, the devices became a "sweatbox" for my penis--not healthy. Using spray nozles and q-tips for cleaning was a veary time-consuming and laborious process for me. The JailBird is an open cage design and it is so easy to clean. I just sqeeze a soapy rag over the cage during my shower and rinse. It's that easy. I too have the oval ring and it works very well. I think the oval ring is more comfortable and allows more movement for my testicles. I wore my JailBird for 80 days straight without removal and the only issue that I encountered (about a week in) was a slight irritation on my scrotum. Nothing that some topical cream didn't take care of. The first few days I applied the cream as I felt the irritation. Once the skin had adjusted, then I only used the cream in the mornings after my shower and then once before bed. Now, I only occasionally use the topical cream as needed--less and less as my lockup time progressed. I ordered my JailBird to be snug on purpose. The least amount of movement and allowances for growth is best. Nocturnal erections were a slight issue the first few nights but not so much anymore. Once in a while it will wake me up but if I take a piss, then things calm down and I can sleep again. Here are the details and measurements of my MatureMetal JailBird: Base Ring (around scrotum): Oval 1 3/4" with a 1/4" gap between cage and base ring. Cage Dimensions: Inside diamiter: 1 1/8". Cage Length: 2".

Welcome to the forum and thanks for sharing.

I too am in a jailbird that is very snug. 1 1/8" and 2 1/4" length. Most of the time I really like the much snugger cage than the larger one that is in my avatar. Glad to hear you are having such good luck with the long term use of the jailbird.

Do you ever have a problem with the skin poking out between the bars and being rather sensitive? I do occasionally but have always managed to push and prod and get things more in line. Just wondering what your experiences have been.

-A
1 x
Emery

Post by Emery »

I own a JailBird and am in it right now, and it's looking like I'll be in it overnight because my wife has just gone to bed. (Perhaps she'll wake up and give me the keys...ha!) Anyway, I agree with the earlier positive comments about this device. These metal cages are far superior to the CB-whatevers in my opinion.

I found that various plastic cages, repeatedly acted upon by flexing forces during normal day to day movements, easily (and repeatedly) developed hairline fractures that developed into device failures at the point where the post inserts into the ring.

The JailBird is also far better also at resisting would-be "crushing" forces that narrow the passage for blood to reach my trapped testicles. Even if having blue balls is hot, it's not something I was ever able to withstand for long periods of time in a plasticky, flexing CB device. The JailBird's relative rigidity ensures that helpful circulation is always available to my balls. I believe this is the main reason I'm able to wear it for longer periods than I ever was able to with the CB devices.

Things that I thought might be problems with the JailBird, its weight, and possible visible bulkiness under clothing, haven't been issues at all. If there's anything that bugs me about the device, it's the corners of the lock poking my thighs when I'm sleeping.

A few more comments, a bit off the subject, but why not go on?

Dealing with nighttime and early-morning erections are part of the chastity territory. Relative to others in this forum, I suspect I'm in and out of my device more often than most men here. When my wife turns a magnet on the kitchen refrigerator upside down, it's the signal that the device must go on. I retreat to the bathroom, put it on and deliver the keys to her. Then there is no further discussion whatsoever about chastity, and I'm eventually released when she decides to give me the keys again.

Sometimes I'm only locked down for an hour or two, to run errands, and other times (such as now) I've been in it several days. It's somehow understood by both of us that for me to discuss my chastity, ask for the keys, or "beg" for anything is utterly out of the question. My wife is a very naturally dominant woman.

So I wait.
0 x