Grower needing some advice and suggestions about PA devices

For the gearheads in the audience
sable_twilight

Grower needing some advice and suggestions about PA devices

Post by sable_twilight »

I am a grower and gain a bit of girth when aroused. Unfortunately, that girth gain seems to be a problem with it comes to finding the right PA device. I currently have a 4ga PA and when aroused while locked, my growth seems to want to push the device off which then puts a lot of painful strain on the piercing site. Inevitably I end up having to remove the devices because of the strain. It seems like the opposite issue from the one Thumper talks about in his blog review of the Rigid Chastity Halfshell in that the strain does not come when I get cold but when I get more aroused.

I have tried two PA devices so far - a Impaler 01 by Rigid Chastity and Cage Seven by Evolution Wearables - and of the two I liked the Evolution the best. It was super light - which put the least amount of weight and felt really secure. However, thus far, I can only wear it a few days before I have to remove it. I am not sure how much if it might have to do with the roughness of the portion that goes through the piercing itself.

Has anyone else had this issue? If so, where you able to find a solution?

I really prefer PA secure tube or tip cover devices over trapped ball devices. I have tried non-PA secured trapped ball devices in the past. Unfortunately find it's far to easy for my testicles to escape the base ring. Any ring tight enough to prevent that is too tight to get on. I don't like how the trapped ball devices tend to push my testicles forward so much. So unfortunately it does not feel like Mature Metal or the trapped ball Steelworxx are options. I would really like to get a solution figured out before I sink another $300 or so into another device.

Thanks all for any solutions you might have for this situation.
0 x
slave d

Re: Grower needing some advice and suggestions about PA devi

Post by slave d »

May not be much help but the size of the A ring is probably not why your balls escape but the gap between it and the cage, that’s where the balls are “trapped” not by the A-ring. Sorry though i don’t have a PA so i can’t help with the rest. Oh, one thought would be that stainless steel is smooth and if i had a piercing that’s what i’d want a device made of rather than any rough plastic.

MsM’s ld
0 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
_lj_

Post by _lj_ »

I would just add to slave d's comment. The gap is the critical part, but bear in mind the gap is determined by the three-dimensional characteristics of the device.

For example, MatureMetal use what they refer to as a 3/8" gap, whereas this 3/8" is actually the gap viewed at right angles to the ring, the difference in height if you like. But if you increase the ring diameter, and keep this "height" the same, the distance between the adjacent edges of the ring and cage also increases. To keep the actual gap constant, you have to vary the "height". I messed around with a CAD programme to determine this. It's made even more complicated if you use the oval ring variant of, in my case, the JailBird.
0 x
MM Jailbird
Jon Descer

Post by Jon Descer »

My guess is that your PA setback is too large or the tube is just too long. If I pull on mine, I can feel some pain in my piercing, but otherwise I don't. You are probably getting the same pain naturally, so relative to the piercing, the whole cage needs to be shifted backwards. I think the golden rule, with or without PAs, is that it's better to be squished towards the tip than to have too much space. Hope that helps.
0 x
sable_twilight

Post by sable_twilight »

Jon Descer wrote:My guess is that your PA setback is too large or the tube is just too long. If I pull on mine, I can feel some pain in my piercing, but otherwise I don't. You are probably getting the same pain naturally, so relative to the piercing, the whole cage needs to be shifted backwards. I think the golden rule, with or without PAs, is that it's better to be squished towards the tip than to have too much space. Hope that helps.
Interesting. I'm likely not understanding the principles behind that sort of adjustment. That would seem counter intuitive to me. I would think that would put even more strain on the front edge of the piercing since the head would want to push back. But that doesn't happen?
0 x
Jon Descer

Post by Jon Descer »

If the cage is too loose, when you get an erection, then the entire cage will be pushed forward and nothing will be there to stop it other than your piercing. Ouch. If the cage is too long, your penis will push out into the empty space at the front and, again, the only thing stopping it is the piercing. Ouch. And if the setback is too far back, then even a little bit of either of those things, the penis pushing out or the cage pushing out, will mean all the pressure is on the piercing. So if it's tight, short, and the setback is smaller, that can't happen. Of course it can be TOO far forward; it could make the head itchy and uncomfortable, and yes, it might result in your penis trying to "spread out" to normal and finding the piercing is stopping it, causing constant, 24/7 pain. But while your shaft gets very hard and changes size dramatically, the head of your penis doesn't. An erection might push it OUT against the sides more, but the distance between the piercing and the tip is going to change very little, and the end of the cage will easily squish the head down. So as long as it's comfortable to wear when soft, even if you feel a little squished in the tip (a little, not a ton), it shouldn't change with an erection, at least with regard to pressure on your piercing. I have to have a really, truly, raging erection to even feel a slight discomfort on my piercing, and that's probably unavoidable to an extent, there will always be SOME shifting. That's my understanding, anyway--I am certainly not the most experienced wearer out there, but it's my observations and what I've read elsewhere.
0 x
ss74

Post by ss74 »

I recently got a Contender with a PA lock from MCN. I can't recommend it enough. It's the second device I've bought from them. Mark is extremely responsive and helpful. His turnaround is usually ONE DAY after payment. Mine is a perfect fit. It locks through my piercing and is 100% secure I measured correctly and it doesn't allow for any erections. I couldn't be happier.
1 x
sable_twilight

Post by sable_twilight »

Thank you for the clarification. So to summarize, I might want to reduce the length of the shaft past the tip (this is for a chastity tube without a base ring, rather than device with a base ring), and move the base of the piercing up some.
0 x
Jon Descer

Post by Jon Descer »

You know, I had forgotten you were talking about a device without a base ring. Sorry about that, I completely missed that. That is actually much stranger. Is it both cages that give you this pain, and is it the exact same pain? And when you are wearing it and erect enough that it hurts, does pushing the device back relieve the pressure on your piercing, or make it even worse? I would try that with both cages and see if it's consistent.
0 x
sable_twilight

Post by sable_twilight »

Yes, it is both cages I eventually start to really experience the strain. And the strain feels like it is pulling the piercing. And yes, pushing back against the cages seems to take the pressure and discomfort off.
0 x