Another sizing question - MM Jail Bird specific

For the gearheads in the audience
CZSteve

Another sizing question - MM Jail Bird specific

Post by CZSteve »

I think I'm at the stage to upgrade/order a custom MM Jail Bird.
Stats & Some History:

Length as measured under shaft to sack (without pressing into sack): 3-1/4"
Width - Shaft = 1-1/4" / Glans = 1-3/8" to 1-1/2" (cut w/ wonky/loose skin area)
Very much a grower.

- First cage was a cheap chrome-plated spiral that was a 1.4 ID @ 3.3"
First tried the 45mm ring and found it would fall down on a hot day and going commando.
Swapped to the 40mm, it was a struggle getting on and felt tight but persevered; ended up w/ a pretty bad case of edema.
- Second cage was a Stainless spiral from Uber-Kinky: 40mm ID (1.57") and used the 45mm ring & a home made steel waist cable to combat the problem of dropping down - ZERO edema problems.

I believe the 40mm A-Ring initial try was the primary edema contributor.
Current 45mm A-Ring w/ waste cable works very well; 40mm cage ID is quite loose width wise when soft but fills out very tight when teased.

Initial thoughts are a Jail Bird with:
- 1-3/4" A-Ring
- 3" Length
- 1-3/8" cage ID
- Double base ring
- Keep using waist cable

Questions:
1. Correct to not 'push' into scrotum when measure under shaft length? Thus 3" cage length is correct? (MM recommends subtracting 1/4 from measurement).
2. 1-3/8 cage ID sound correct? I assume the 1-3/8" is the ID of the horizontal cage rings?

Thanks for any input/thoughts - really want to do everything I can to ensure I get as close to perfect out of the box as I can.

Thanks,
Steve
0 x
wishful4

Re: Another sizing question - MM Jail Bird specific

Post by wishful4 »

Just a couple of observations and food for thought. It is correct not to push into the scrotum when measuring and MM cage diameter is the ID measurement. Get the cage diameter right the first time. It is the only thing that can't be adjusted.

Understand that it is the gap/distance between the bottom of the ring at the entrance of the cage and the bottom of the base ring that firmly grips the scrotum and holds the device firmly in place (not to be confused with the gap measurement). If you can picture that, then, it makes sense that, if you go with a larger ID cage, it will be a tighter squeeze on your scrotum. Conversely, a smaller diameter cage will not grip as tightly given the same size base ring. This can also be affected by the gap measurement to a small extent, as well. Smaller gap measurement, the closer the two rings are.

Go with a cage diameter that your shaft pretty much touches on all sides, but the cage doesn't compress your shaft when you are flaccid. It is best that an erection attempt meet the resistance of the cage very quickly before it can push the cage away from your body. On the cage length, my recommendation is to subtract 1/2 in from your measurement rather than the 1/4 as MM recommends. On the base ring, you may wish to order a tad smaller and if you have discomfort, MM can stretch it out about 1/16 in for a small fee.

It took me three devices to get it exactly right so I certainly made measuring mistakes and you probably will, too. Don't get discouraged if you don't get it right the first time. Once you do, it's worth it. The MM JailBird and their other devices are awesome. As a disclaimer, BCWYWF!! :shock:
0 x
Wishful4
Current Device: DhGate A271
lockedforlove

Re: Another sizing question - MM Jail Bird specific

Post by lockedforlove »

I just received my Jailbird back from having it adjusted. When initially ordered I subtracted 1/2" from the length and that ended up being an issue, as it needed to be lengthened by 1/4". I also had the base ring expanded by 1/16", which doesn't sound like much but it made a big difference.

Like wishful4 said, make sure you get the cage diameter is correct. The rest is easy to have adjusted and MM has been great to deal with and very responsive.
0 x