What is a good Chastity device to buy on Amazon?

For the gearheads in the audience
twitchy

Re: What is a good Chastity device to buy on Amazon?

Post by twitchy »

sirmebane wrote:Hard to say what works for anyone but on my fourth purchase, I have truly found a comfortable cage that works for me. I cannot escape it and it is light for a metal cage.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/381709377746

This vendor is in New York and deliveries come in less than a week. I have two with different sizes. Big fan.
Hi, I'm hoping you can help me out. I recently purchased this device. It is too open for me.
Upon arousal my member swells thru the spaces in grotesque and painful ways. Have you modded it in any way to reduce it's "openness"?
Thanks, Twitchy
0 x
Namron

Post by Namron »

Upon arousal my member swells thru the spaces in grotesque and painful ways.
Well, isn't that the point. :)

But, seriously, it sounds like your cage's diameter is too big. A properly fit cage (snug when flaccid), will not create lot of pain.
0 x
Saint

Post by Saint »

There's a good quality plastic copy of the holy trainer v2 on aliexpress for $13. Can't beat that if you ask me. Comes with four rings, too!
0 x
fruitgems

Post by fruitgems »

I see warnings (posed by manufacturers?) saying how copies on Amazon and other websites are not as good in terms of quality... and how it might be painful or even "dangerous" to his health. How true is this, honestly? Is it just the rough edges and seams, or is there a bigger design issue here?
0 x
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4

Post by TwistedMister »

fruitgems wrote:I see warnings (posed by manufacturers?) saying how copies on Amazon and other websites are not as good in terms of quality... and how it might be painful or even "dangerous" to his health. How true is this, honestly? Is it just the rough edges and seams, or is there a bigger design issue here?
Some folks here have purchased fakes off Amazon, and reported that the quality definitely sucked. Poor manufacturing, fit and feel issues, and defects/breakage.

Sure, the real thing costs more, but it's worth it.

To sell cheap, ya gotta cut corners...and in this case, sometimes those corners will cut the buyer (ouch).

Signed
Dr. Cutcherpeckeroff
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
Namron

Post by Namron »

I see warnings (posed by manufacturers?) saying how copies on Amazon and other websites are not as good in terms of quality... and how it might be painful or even "dangerous" to his health. How true is this, honestly? Is it just the rough edges and seams, or is there a bigger design issue here?
If a CB-type device is poorly welded/glued along the seam, it can split and when it does it will pinch like hell and may cut your penis. Not something you want to happen in a public place.

Metal devices are known to rust and have poor fit between the cage and base rings. Poor fit results in pinches or easy escape. You get what you pay for.
0 x
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

fruitgems wrote:I see warnings (posed by manufacturers?) saying how copies on Amazon and other websites are not as good in terms of quality... and how it might be painful or even "dangerous" to his health. How true is this, honestly? Is it just the rough edges and seams, or is there a bigger design issue here?
If the plan is to go long term then a good quality custom device is the way to go. To get to that point many members have experimented with the less expensive ones found on Amazon, DHgate and AliExpress to get an idea of comfort and fit. Some have reported finding a good quality device that works without the need to go custom.

Keep in mind, a poorly crafted, cheap device can cause issues even for just a few hours of wear. Anything you purchase should be checked for quality of finish (burrs, poor welds) before wearing.

Rare does one find the perfect device the first time. I'm on my fourth one now that I've been wearing for the past three years.

Best of luck with your search.
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
fruitgems

Post by fruitgems »

Thanks so much for the advice guys, I appreciate it - it's good to hear from real people instead of stuff directly from the various manufacturers or from tumblr. I'm not actually sure if he's still up for playing with chastity since it hasn't come up for a while, but I'll try to get a sense of if he's going to give it a serious chance... if so, I'll rather get an original rather than copies. Better safe than sorry especially since neither of us has any experience with these devices, fit, etc. Though maybe he'll have to look around himself - after reading about chastity devices more, it seems like "fit" is more individual than I thought, so surprising him with one might not be a good idea
0 x
twitchy

Post by twitchy »

Namron wrote:
Upon arousal my member swells thru the spaces in grotesque and painful ways.
Well, isn't that the point. :)

But, seriously, it sounds like your cage's diameter is too big. A properly fit cage (snug when flaccid), will not create lot of pain.
You're probably correct about the ID but that can't be changed whereas I'm hoping that if I can restrict expansion opportunity in the 'head' area it might make the device usable. I'm not a life style chastity guy so my definition of 'usable' might be different from that of others.
0 x
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4

Post by TwistedMister »

fruitgems wrote:...it seems like "fit" is more individual than I thought, so surprising him with one might not be a good idea
The CB-X line can be a good place to start. The cost is not prohibitively expensive, and the device comes with a variety of ring sizes and spacers, which allows you to make adjustments and get an idea of what size might be needed for a more expensive device.

A CB-3000 was my first [real] device, and it is still the only one...for more than 15 years...which works out to less than $10/yr.
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted