Jail Bird vs Queens Keep?

For the gearheads in the audience
ChastityNoob

Re: Jail Bird vs Queens Keep?

Post by ChastityNoob »

XKB8R wrote:I didn't keep track of the exact dates, but my Queen's Keep arrived last week, just about 6 weeks after we ordered it.
5 weeks yesterday... I guess I can start getting excited. Fingers crossed for next week sometime!

Despite finding what I think is a pretty good fit for my CB3000s, I just haven't been able to wear it for extended periods comfortably, which also adds to my girlfriend's hesitation about keeping me locked. I'm really hoping I got my measurements right and that the JB is as much of a game changer as everyone says it is.
0 x
wishful4

Post by wishful4 »

ChastityNoob wrote: I'm really hoping I got my measurements right and that the JB is as much of a game changer as everyone says it is.
One note of caution here. Even though you may be accustomed to wearing the CB device for several days at a time, it's doubtful you'll be able to pop the JB on, give her the keys, and think you are good to go for however long she desires. You may have to "wear in" to the new device for a period of time before you can go for longer periods. Just didn't want you to be disappointed. Your anatomy may have to get used to the new device just like you did the CB.
0 x
Wishful4
Current Device: DhGate A271
XKB8R

Post by XKB8R »

I'll second that.

I had been wearing the Single Locking Cock Ring pretty much 24/7 for the past 6 or 7 weeks, and it was pretty comfortable most of the day. As I had posted in the thread where I was seeking advice about that hardware, I did have a couple of occasions where I'd have a ball slip out. For that reason, the base ring on my QK is one size smaller, and I don't think slipping out of it is going to be an issue, but I've found it more likely to cause that feeling of ball burn. Also, I was getting a little irritated spot, call it at about two o'clock, under the base ring, where the skin kind bunches together when I'm wearing it. I took it off for about 36 hours, and since it felt better last night, I put it back on.

I'm hoping to get more "broken in" as the days go by.

One other thing--somebody suggested that I'd experience more ball burn in the SLCR than with a full cage, because the SLCR does allow erections, and the QK would not. The advice was that the erections would pull the whole thing away from my body, and thus stretch the skin behind the base ring. That much was very true, however, and maybe it's just the way I'm built, I get it just as bad in the QK when I'm trying to get hard. I don't think it's a matter of it being too long; there's only about 1/4" of space in front of the tip when I'm soft, but I tend to add a lot of girth too. I'm thinking that's what's stretching things so much.

(And my wife knows how to push my buttons. While my balls were screaming "That burns!", my cock was screaming "I don't care! Just let me out of here so I can get what I want!)
0 x
MM Queen's Keep
ChastityNoob

Post by ChastityNoob »

wishful4 wrote:
ChastityNoob wrote: I'm really hoping I got my measurements right and that the JB is as much of a game changer as everyone says it is.
One note of caution here. Even though you may be accustomed to wearing the CB device for several days at a time, it's doubtful you'll be able to pop the JB on, give her the keys, and think you are good to go for however long she desires. You may have to "wear in" to the new device for a period of time before you can go for longer periods. Just didn't want you to be disappointed. Your anatomy may have to get used to the new device just like you did the CB.
Understood. I'm certainly not expecting to be locked up for weeks right away, but even though I've found a good sizing combination with my CB6000s that's comfortable for a day or two, there are still too many limitations to work up to anything longer than that. I think a big part of it is that the cage is about a half inch too long and a bit too wide which allows a decent amount of growing room. Add in the obvious hygiene issues and it's just more trouble than it's worth for me. I'm hoping the JB changes that, even if it takes some time.
0 x
ChastityNoob

Post by ChastityNoob »

6 weeks yesterday! Will I get a shipping notification or will it just show up one day?
0 x
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

ChastityNoob wrote:6 weeks yesterday! Will I get a shipping notification or will it just show up one day?
For all three of my MM devices I received an email from them the day it was shipped.
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
ChastityNoob

Post by ChastityNoob »

locked4her55 wrote:
ChastityNoob wrote:6 weeks yesterday! Will I get a shipping notification or will it just show up one day?
For all three of my MM devices I received an email from them the day it was shipped.
Well I guess that ruins the excitement of hoping it could be waiting for me when I get home...

::checks email impatiently::
0 x
ChastityNoob

Post by ChastityNoob »

So I got my Jail Bird and I'm really happy with it except for one major thing. I can cum in it... Really really easily. Build quality is top notch. Comfort and fit are amazing compared to my CB6000s (I took my time getting measurements right and I think it came out great). I had high hopes that a properly fitting device would make it more difficult to cum, but sadly it seems to be the opposite (more likely the result of an open cage design). I didn't push my self over the edge, but pleasuring myself is easy and I'm confident that I can have a satisfying orgasm in a matter of seconds.

I know, I know... The best chastity device is "between the ears." That's great and all, but I really enjoy the physical aspect of power exchange and knowing I can cum so easily if I want takes most of the fun out of it for me. I don't see much point in a device if I have to rely 100% on my own will power anyway. I know there isn't a perfect device, but I'm really disappointed at how little this works for me, even as a deterrent.

Note: This is NOT a complaint about Mature Metal. They delivered a quality product as expected, and I know they work well for others. I must just have sensitive parts. Back to the drawing board I guess...

Not sure how much smaller I could go, but maybe shortening the cage would help? I know some people squeeze into some pretty short cages. Or maybe I need to go back to a closed cage design with custom sizing. I feel like I might be chasing the impossible.
0 x
_lj_

Post by _lj_ »

Not knowing your physical attributes, I can only speak from personal experience.

If you are a "shower" then the cage will not provide any significant restriction, so an almost complete erection would be possible, and therefore a decent orgasm. In my case I am very much a "grower" (approx 3:1 expansion ratio) so my JailBird completely prevents an erection, the best (worst?)I get is some gentle pressure on the shaft.

However, out of interest I tried applying a Magic Wand to the cage and a couple of times since to see if there is any difference, but in each case I had a totally unsatisfying "ruined orgasm", ejaculation occurred but with no "thrill" at all. I won't bother again.
0 x
MM Jailbird
ChastityNoob

Post by ChastityNoob »

Thanks for the input _lj_. I am most definitely a grower with about a 3:1 ratio as well. I thought my biggest issue with the CB6000s was that it allowed growing room... About half an inch lengthwise and also a decent amount width-wise, particularly in the bulbous portion of the cage. My JB is significantly smaller and it's sized to be snug when flaccid - I'm all the way at the end of the cage and I touch the rings/bars throughout the entire cage. I'm not sure whether I could even go smaller (it's actually sort of difficult to get into), but it definitely doesn't allow growing room per the standard sizing advice. Honestly, I feel like I nailed the measurements based on how it's "supposed" to fit.

I haven't actually had an orgasm in the cage yet, but I can get myself to the edge in under a minute with just a finger (even through my pants sitting at work). Based on my experience orgasming in my CB6000s, I'm going to guess that an orgasm in the JB will be somewhat hindered but still pretty pleasurable, and more importantly, it will relieve the frustration (not sure if this is the case for you). I'll test this theory eventually, but an 80% orgasm isn't bad enough to be much of a deterrent when I'm really excited.

I don't know whether Mature Metal offers it, but I'm thinking an extra (horizontal) bar covering the underside of my glans would go a long way towards preventing me from stimulating the most sensitive area of my penis. I'm not sure whether a shorter cage is an option for me or whether it would even help. I do get a small amount of slippage which probably allows a bit of growth, so maybe going down a ring size would have some benefit as well. Perhaps the combined benefit from a few marginal improvements would help...

On a side note regarding my anatomy, I'm also thinking that I'm more in tune with with other areas of my body than many people (i.e. anus, prostate), to the point where just contracting certain muscles generates stimulation. This may be the reason I can orgasm with minimal direct penis stimulation... It's certainly more difficult (maybe impossible?) if I focus on relaxing my body and rely only on stimulating my penis in the cage. Thing is, using those muscles is second nature to me... Can't unsee what you've already seen.

So many variables, not even sure what to try next...
0 x