a080 modification- to the next level

For the gearheads in the audience
crated51

a080 modification- to the next level

Post by crated51 »

Thanks to Mark @ male chastity now......
0 x
It's not happy people that are thankful, it's thankful people that are happy.
crated51

Re: a080 modification- to the next level

Post by crated51 »

Well good. I managed to post a picture.

Anyway.... first the bad...... there is none!

The good.... 8 day turn around from my shipping the cage to receiving the modifications. Amazing!

Original finish was a 6 out of 10, now polished to a 9.5!

My contribution was limited to Dremmel grinding and cutting. Mark welded the spare locking sleeve to the cage and added the two extra bars to the front, and polished to a nice finish.

Will give more details and reviews later, but I give MCN high marks for their work.
0 x
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Tom Allen »

That ends up being a nice replica of a MM device.

The only thing that I don't like about this design (admittedly this is a personal issue) is the post that sticks out from the ring. Mrs Edge likes a cock ring on me, so I try to come up with ways to make it unobtrusive.

But for those who don't mind it, this is a great (i.e., much less expensive) alternative. Nicely done.
0 x
mcn

Post by mcn »

I've now modified a handful of different Asian made devices, and what I've learned is that some of them are fabricated poorly while others are much, much nicer. The original polish on this piece was nominal, and when I buffed it brighter surface pits in the metal began to show themselves. Various factories are manufacturing the same designs, but not all are equal in the quality of the work they are doing.
0 x
Tom Allen
Site Admin

Post by Tom Allen »

Now that I've buffed the hell out of my A080, I can see a few spots like that, too. But just small random spots. Overall, I'm pleased with the quality of the cage portion.
0 x
crated51

Post by crated51 »

Had to send everything back to Mark for a repair and modification. Repair due to my overly aggressive attempt at bending the cage. Added two more bars to the overly wide gap at the end.

The good.... everything seems like comfort is good and longer term wear is possible.

The bad.... everything seems like comfort is good and longer term wear is possible.
0 x
Tom Allen
Site Admin

Post by Tom Allen »

[quote="crated51"
The good.... everything seems like comfort is good and longer term wear is possible.

The bad.... everything seems like comfort is good and longer term wear is possible.[/quote]

8-)
0 x
crated51

Post by crated51 »

So....

A little over two weeks in, but only for a day or two at a time. Nevertheless....... while the original construction of the A080 was adequate, the work by MCN is very good. The 4 bars that were added to reduce the vertical gap is essential in my opinion and really an optimal design improvement. Comfort is improved without sacrificing hygiene. Pressure is distributed over all the bars, not just two. There are many styles with this open design and I believe most would benefit with the retrofit.
0 x
crated51

Post by crated51 »

A spare base ring (solid, round) has been modified with a dremel tool and patients. Using a clock to describe, and opting for a vertical oval shape, a half mm or so was removed from the inside (2-4 o'clock & 8-10 o'clock positions). A mm & a half or so was removed from the 12:15 transitioning to the 2 o'clock position - this was mirrored on the opposite side. Completing the oval, 2mm or so was removed from 6 o'clock - transitioning to 4 & 8 o'clock.

What is unique to the effort is 11:45 - 12:15 was kept in place. The result is an unnoticed "knob" - when relaxed, it is noticed slightly when interest is piqued. I think it may also help limit unwanted rotation of the CD. More secure? Perhaps a little.

A half mm or so was removed from around the outside 4 & 7 o'clock positions - adding slightly to the ergonomics. Patients, along with other smoothing efforts created a dulled, smooth finish. Less than 24 hour later - the new base ring with the MCN modified cage seems to be worth the effort.
0 x