Thinking about steel, but worry about accidental pullout

For the gearheads in the audience
wolf513

Thinking about steel, but worry about accidental pullout

Post by wolf513 »

So, I have this HTv2 that has been working really well for me. I got it in October of last year, and since then, I have probably worn it for a total of 50-60 days (Durations from as little as 1 day, to as long as two weeks straight). For the most part, this device is excellent. I have almost no discomfort anymore, even during nocturnal erections, and I actually feel sort of naked when I'm not wearing it (which is leading to longer and longer lockups).

I'm a grower, and I have a fairly large sack. I have the 50mm ring which started out snug, but has since become more than I need (as is often the case), and I've had a ball escape twice. So now I'm thinking about a Steelheart (yes, I know he's not taking new orders right now).

My concern with this is pullout. The HTv2 is a little narrower than I would ideally like as I can't urinate with wood, which leads to some interesting bladder management techniques. But the narrowness is also a benefit, as the plastic keeps me from turtling out of the device, and I have never accidentally pulled out.

What I'm worried about is... If I get a Steelheart, will I turtle out of it by accident? I presume the stainless isn't going to grip me the same way the plastic does? Especially in the shower with soap, I can see it being pretty easy for things to slip out of a slippery metal tube.

Before anyone suggests a PA, sorry, that's a non-starter. Same with anything that goes into the urethra (this includes that weird washer thing). This is a game, I don't want to spend weeks with a painful UTI.

I don't think any of the fixing methods other than PA ones have any positive reviews. Any I missing any?

Do any other growers out there have any feedback on turtling out of a steel device? Anything that might help prevent it?

Looking to get lots of feedback before I plunk down cash on something that might leave me really disappointed.
0 x
Minas_Bitch

Re: Thinking about steel, but worry about accidental pullout

Post by Minas_Bitch »

My steelheart was pretty easy to pull out of. Then I got a PA and moved on to other devices. I also didn't like the long term cleanablitiy of a closed tube. The spout wasn't out yet or else I would have tried that.
0 x
peter_rabbit
Last orgasm: May 17th, 2020
Orgasms this year: 17
Re: Thinking about steel, but worry about accidental pullout

Post by peter_rabbit »

I found the HT tube tight as well.
I think a PA is *far* safer than the tetherspout or a sound. There's nothing better.

Idea: Does Steelworxx still sell the fixing with the loop that goes around the shaft?
That might work for you. (If memory serves me correctly that design predates Thumper's corroboration with Dietmar that the U shaped PA fixing.)

Someone here reports success using surveyors tape to tie about the shaft and then to the rods of his cage which is then signed. Same idea really. A Looker (without insert) might allow you to tie your shaft loosely to the rods.

The Steelheart is a lovely design. I love how it removes everything from sight. But the tube is constant radius, and if you can go in you'll be able to pull out. If I'm not tethered by my PA, I can pull out. Also, I once shook my cage until I came. The tube was very very tight. It didn't feel great but I was disappointed.

Do you find you're held in the HT because the shaft is narrower than your glans, and that keeps it there

Given my anatomy I can pull out of anything if I'm not tethered by my PA. Otherwise only the safety and comfort of a device keeps it on. You say you feel naked without it. Don't discount the importance of an emotional bond!

I prefer lighter and more airy designs. They feel cooler and hey don't draw down as much. That will prevent things slipping backwards.

Good luck in your search
0 x