Modifying an A080

For the gearheads in the audience
Bird in a Cage

Re: Modifying an A080

Post by Bird in a Cage »

Tom Allen wrote:... and put a drop of silver solder in the tabs and brazed them shut...
Caution! Solder contains lead. Not an advisable element for long term exposure.
0 x
Securely within an MCN Adaptus.
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Tom Allen »

I'd have to check the MSDS, but if there's lead in this, the % is so low as to be negligible. It's a braze, really, we just call it solder. Mainly nickel, copper, and silver.

And it's only at the tabs, and not where it's touching skin.

But as it happens, I've used this elsewhere on pieces that do have skin contact and this alloy is fine.
0 x
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4

Post by TwistedMister »

Bird in a Cage wrote:
Tom Allen wrote:... and put a drop of silver solder in the tabs and brazed them shut...
Caution! Solder contains lead. Not an advisable element for long term exposure.
It's not so much of a problem if you aren't eating it, or being subjected to forcible penetration at high velocity...and even at that, if it doesn't hit anything vital the lead itself isn't really an issue. I still have some under the skin, the doc tells me not to worry about it.
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
Tom Allen
Site Admin

Post by Tom Allen »

I've got another week logged in this thing, and I'm thinking about another blog post on it. Brazing the ring shut took care of a lot of wiggle and play that caused pinching. The other thing is that removing the rubber tube *also* helped with the pinching, since the tube was a lot of friction.

The worst part is that without lube, at the end of the day I'm getting some pinches on loose skin just folding back on itself. I may go back to trying some lube for that.

I'm still thinking about making a round ring and brazing a tab on top, but so far the flat ring isn't bad.
0 x
Bird in a Cage

Post by Bird in a Cage »

Tom Allen wrote:I've got another week logged in this thing, and I'm thinking about another blog post on it. Brazing the ring shut took care of a lot of wiggle and play that caused pinching. The other thing is that removing the rubber tube *also* helped with the pinching, since the tube was a lot of friction.

The worst part is that without lube, at the end of the day I'm getting some pinches on loose skin just folding back on itself. I may go back to trying some lube for that.

I'm still thinking about making a round ring and brazing a tab on top, but so far the flat ring isn't bad.

What about filling the hinge area with solder and polishing the snot out of it? That would effectively make it a solid ring, just flat, not round.
0 x
Tom Allen
Site Admin

Post by Tom Allen »

It's not so much the hinge, it's that the wide, flat area needs a larger radius transition into the side faces. I polished mine very smooth, but the transition is not very much, maybe less than 1/32". I'm thinking it needs to be closer to 1/8" to make it more comfortable and less prone to rubbing.
0 x
Bird in a Cage

Post by Bird in a Cage »

I get it now. That makes sense. Please keep us informed as you continue your experiments.
0 x
Bird in a Cage

Post by Bird in a Cage »

Tom Allen wrote:?.. buffing the hell out of the inner edges, and then buffing even more around the hinge area. And then I put thing ring in a vise and put a drop of silver solder in the tabs and brazed them shut. And then I buffed it out some more....
I need to do some polishing as well. I've got a Dremel felt polisher, but what type of polishing compound do you use? I've heard the porous nature of stainless can hold onto polishes and that some polishes are irritants or even toxic to human skin. While I'm at it, I have a platinum ring and a couple of watch bodies to polish as well. What are the best products to use?
0 x
Tom Allen
Site Admin

Post by Tom Allen »

I'll have to look up the compound. I've had it forever. I have two kinds, a red jewelers rouge for softer metals, and a white rouge that's specifically for stainless steel.
0 x
Bird in a Cage

Post by Bird in a Cage »

Any update on the A080? Any additional mods, problems, solutions, etc?
0 x