Favorite DH Gate seller?

For the gearheads in the audience
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Re: Favorite DH Gate seller?

Post by Tom Allen »

The site clearly states 10 to 25 days in shipping. Since it's just a project that I'm messing around with, it's not essential that it gets here next week.

Interestingly, the next option would be to pay to have it shipped, which was projected at 7 to 23 days. Not much difference there, huh?
0 x
BreadBox

Post by BreadBox »

As a fellow Gearhead....

Tom, I hope whatever modifications you make are blog worthy. I would love to see what you do to a design like the A080/Looker zero two.
0 x
Locked... Enjoying the ride
Tom Allen
Site Admin

Post by Tom Allen »

Well, I pulled the trigger on Tuesday, and I didn't get a notice that it shipped until this morning. I'm guessing that epacket probably waits until they get a certain number or certain weight to send.

The package tracking isn't particularly helpful, either. It's still 6 to 23 days. Fortunately, it's not like I'm in a rush.
0 x
Tom Allen
Site Admin

Post by Tom Allen »

Just an update.

I placed the order on the 14th. It took a week before I got the notice that it shipped, and then it was in some kind of limbo until the 23rd, when I got a notice that it was in the postal system. The last expected arrival date I saw was June 20th - but I don't know if that was just the longest estimate or what.
0 x
sirmebane
Last orgasm: December 19th, 2021

Post by sirmebane »

I ordered mine from a different DHGate reseller and have had nearly the same experience. It took a solid week before it shipped, it went to the port city, it sat in Customs for a day or so and then nothing for another week.

Mine hit the USA sometime on May 20th (it doesn't say where) so I assume it has to clear US Customs and then into the US Mail.

It could be anywhere from today to June 4th (their official estimate on the site).
0 x
If my comments don't annoy you, follow my exploits here. I started all of this April 2016.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=62123
sirmebane
Last orgasm: December 19th, 2021

Post by sirmebane »

Update - mine arrived in todays mail.
0 x
If my comments don't annoy you, follow my exploits here. I started all of this April 2016.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=62123
Tom Allen
Site Admin

Post by Tom Allen »

I just got a note that mine is now in the US postal system. I'm a bit surprised, although I have no idea if that means it's in the US, or if it's still in China at a USPS depot.
0 x
Tom Allen
Site Admin

Post by Tom Allen »

Well, apparently my package was not traveling on a slow boat from China. It landed at JFK yesterday, and is already in the USPS someplace in New England. I could possibly have it tomorrow or early next week.

That's a far cry from the end of June, which was the last delivery date that I'd seen.
0 x
Tom Allen
Site Admin

Post by Tom Allen »

And it was waiting for me in the mailbox when I got home. That was surprisingly quick.

The unit is pretty decent, although I have some workmanship and design comments. I may not get to them until later in the weekend.
0 x
Bird in a Cage

Post by Bird in a Cage »

Tom Allen wrote:And it was waiting for me in the mailbox when I got home. That was surprisingly quick.
18 days in total. Not too bad for the "slow boat."
0 x
Securely within an MCN Adaptus.