Need some help on sizing for Jail Bird

For the gearheads in the audience
Limp Biscuit

Need some help on sizing for Jail Bird

Post by Limp Biscuit »

Ok, so I'm thinking about a Jail Bird, but it's a pretty steep investment, so I'd like some advice.

Currently using a Holy Trainer small with the 45 ring, but what I do not care for is the fact that it's near impossible to wash while wearing it, and I'm getting the below-scrotum buring sensation particularly at night. Hoping the Jail Bird can solve my problem, but want to get the fit right. Based on my experience with the small holy trainer, here is what I find in regards to sizing issues:

- The 45 ring is probably a bit too loose, but the 40 is a bit too tight once the device is in place (probably fine without the device in place)
- The tube length may be a bit too long, as I frequently experience "turtleing" in the cage.
- The tube diameter is a bit too small as I frequently have a hard time stuffing myself in there. (Note that if I switch to the Jail Bird, I want the diameter to be big enough so I don't experience bulging out of the sides...I find that a bit um....unattractive).
- The gap between the ring and the device is probably a bit small, as my scrotum tends to be "high and tight" most of the time.

So based on all of the above and comparisons, this is what I currently have in my Jail Bird shopping cart:

Ring Style Round
Cage Length 1 1/2" Length
Ring Size 1 5/8" Ring
Cage Diameter 1 5/8" Dia.
Lock Options Security screw & keys
Second Pin Medium Criss-Cross Pin
Third Pin Medium Blunt Pin
Cage/Ring Gap 1/2" Gap
Extra Cage Rings None
Punishment pins Small Criss-Cross Pin

Any thoughts or input, particularly from those with Jail Bird experience, would be most appreciated.
0 x
wishful4

Re: Need some help on sizing for Jail Bird

Post by wishful4 »

I do not have any experience with the HT devices, but have lots with Jailbird. It's really a crap shoot to get the measurements exactly right the first time on a custom device(I'm on my third MM device). I'll tell you what MM told me. Virtually every measurement on the MM device can be changed relatively inexpensively(compared to buying a new one) except the cage diameter. So, it is important that you get the the cage diameter right the first time. Base rings can be stretched, gaps can be changed, even the cage length can be decreased or increased. So, give it your best shot, but don't sweat all the measurements too much except the cage diameter.
0 x
Wishful4
Current Device: DhGate A271
Gymgenius

Post by Gymgenius »

My top tip would be to order the sizing ring set from MM.
Use the larger ones to find a ring size that's comfortable. They come in ⅛ increments so it's worth trying a few different ones, wearing each for a few hours (even days) to find the right fit

You can also use the smaller ones to help with cage diameter.
0 x
Limp Biscuit

Post by Limp Biscuit »

I ordered the sizing rings, but any tips on the length sizing. Again, keeping in mind I'm using the SMALL Holy Trainer with a fair bit of turtling.
0 x
_lj_

Post by _lj_ »

Yes, they will do a lot of size changing for very low cost, but unless you are in the USA, you will pay a load of money for postage there and back, plus a delay of weeks, not days, in transit. That's not MM's fault, just bear it in mind.

As to sizing for length, measure the length underneath the shaft, from where it joins the scrotum to the tip, lots of times. Being a "grower" I simply used my finger as a "ruler", noting the position the shaft end arrived against the finger, with the finger-tip against the shaft/scrotum join. I probably checked 20 times and it soon became clear where the average length reached. then just measure the finger "ruler" with a tape.

In the case of cage diameter, use the rings, choosing the one which just fits over the relaxed shaft most times.

From my experience, the cage just touches in width and length all the time, occasionally a bit too long on a cold day!!!!

One of the snags with the JailBird design is that the "gap" is NOT "1/2" or "3/8" as it is the straight-line gap measurement along the "spine"onto which the cage is fitted, between the adjacent ring and cage faces. As the ring and cage are a different diameter, and whether the ring is round or oval, the actual gap varies from very close to the nominal gap measurement, to a somewhat larger figure. This is the measurement between adjacent surface in a straight line from the ring to cage edges. On mine, with a 3/8" gap and oval ring, the actual gap reaches to almost about 5/8". This actually helps as it biases the scrotum to the wider gap, reducing any pinching, BUT I have had a few rather painful partial escapes as my left testicle is smaller than the right (not an uncommon male characteristic) and this gap is close to being too large. For that reason, I would be cautious about reducing the gap based on another device dimensions.
0 x
MM Jailbird
Caged Dude 60

Post by Caged Dude 60 »

For cage length, measure yourself totally flacid from the top side. Get several measurements over a few days. Next is to take the ring gap and base ring thickness (usually a quarter inch), add them together and subtract from your length. For example, flacid length 2.75 inch - (.25 in + .25 inch gap) = 2.25 inches. That shoud give a good fit in terms of length. Since there's a difference in base vs cage ring diameters, I would go with a smaller gap, like .25 inch. That way one of your nuts won't pop through.

I wear a Jailbird and I love it. Very easy to keep clean and very comfortable.

Cage diameter: 1.25 inch
Ring diameter: 1.75 inch (oval ring)
Base ring/cage gap: 0.25 inch
Cage length: 2.5 inch
Security screw
0 x
NewbieMC

Post by NewbieMC »

Good luck.

After a long wait, a Jail Bird arrived today. Previously, I've worn a HT2 with a 40mm ring and short tube. That was an almost perfect fit, except a smidge too long.

I can't honestly remember the Jail Bird measurements (mistress ordered it) but I know every dimension is just one notch smaller than the HT2 - except for the cage length which I think was 1.5". I measured myself numerous times over several days and the length was the hardest one to get right, as it was the most inconsistent when I measured it.

The JB is a very snug fit - but it does fit. It's hard to tell whether I have sized it correctly yet - time will tell. I don't see how you can get the right size for normal every day wear without bulging out between the bars when aroused. Just the slightest touch seems to result in bulging, which Mistress likes.

In terms of quality it's very much better than the HT2. I think it should alleviate all of the problems I did have with the HT2, if it's not too small.
0 x
Limp Biscuit

Post by Limp Biscuit »

Another question...

Regarding the screw lock. I assume the "key" is just basically a specially fitted screwdriver, right? Is it a generic shape or do they vary?
0 x
Locked by LRC

Post by Locked by LRC »

I have three different MM devices and they all have the same key. The key is shaped like an acute triangle. It will fit into the screw head only one way.
0 x
Current device - MM Custom
Previous devices - CB2000, 3000, 6000, 6000s, Curve