Penis soreness / cage size... Advice needed

For the gearheads in the audience
Albert Steel

Re: Penis soreness / cage size... Advice needed

Post by Albert Steel »

Now talking about edema, I've been trying to figure out an issue with edema, that's appearing on the foreskin (uncircumcised). It occurs more on the underside, but eventually around the penis. It's weird because it starts to build up whenever I'm wearing a cage, whether it's one with a base ring (the Looker 03) or a model that doesn't have one (the rigid chastity Impaler).
My first thought was that maybe it's the base ring being too tight, but the latter device kind of rules that one out.
I also thought that - just maybe - I'm using too small of a cage, but now I have two versions of the Looker (I got the parts interchangeable so it's kind of cool),both snug length but other with a slightly bigger diameter and base ring as well, and it's still appearing.
The swelling / edema would start appearing in 24 hrs and get bigger if device usage is continued for several days. Taking the cage off makes the swelling disappear in a few hours.
The devices are all comfortable and I'm having the foreskin back 24/7 with or without a cage. I have a 6mm PA but that would be unrelated to the issue since the same happened even before getting the piercing.

Maybe this would better go to a topic of its own, but I've personally just been kind of trying to solve this puzzle by myself.. I realise something similar at least has been discussed before, and the solution seems to have involved a doctor, a knife and removal of certain pieces of very personal skin. Any other experiences are highly appreciated!
:roll:

Anyways, my better half has gotten more serious about keeping her property caged so now I'm enjoying the ride and seeing if it's just a matter of training. I hope! Meanwhile, having to get out for the night every few days isn't that bad a thing either, considering there's an elevated chance of getting some attention.
0 x
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4

Post by TwistedMister »

Albert...oops, scratch that...I was going to suggest that your use of the term 'edema' might be incorrect, but it appears that it was, in fact, *my* interpretation of the term that was incorrect. I've spent the last 40 or 50 minutes on an interesting foray into the various causes and mechanics of tissue swelling.

At this point, it appears to me that there are a multitude of possible correlations which cannot be diagnosed in a situation where distance and a lack of education are great. My best *guess*, as a starting point, would be that you are subject to a form of contact dermatitis, or possibly something to do with a bacterial or even a fungal (such as candida albicans) issue. I would not, however, be comfortable in totally ruling out a mechanical cause. It could also be that the device merely aggravates an already extant underlying condition, rather than being an actual cause.

It could be that you are having a reaction to the metal, causing contact dermatitis. In order to rule that out you would need to duplicate the device but in such a way as to eliminate skin contact with the metal (possibly by coating a device in a plastic material by dipping?). If the issue continues to occur, then one would suspect either mechanical or bacterial/fungal causes. Further elimination of suspect causes would then involve anti-bacterial and anti-fungal topicals. If the issue continues to persist, then the last possibility would be mechanical, and solving that would likely mean using a different type of device...or the slice and dice. (Personally, I am glad that I lack the particular bit of tissue that is causing your discomfort...and even happier that it was done when I was much too young to be able to remember it.)

The above should be contemplated with the caution that I am NOT a doctor, and there could be a number of other possibilities not accounted for due to my ignorance and lack of extensive [medical] education in this area.
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
Albert Steel

Post by Albert Steel »

Hi!
Well, the first device I tried was plastic, a CB-3000 copy. Same issue there.
I doubt it's anything bacteria- or fungal-related since the issue only occurs when wearing a device and disappears quite fast when Willy is freed.
The description of contact dermatitis does not sound anything like what I'm experiencing. It's not itching, red or anything like that. The skin is just collecting fluid and becoming puffy.
I'm not sure if there's different types of devices left to try..

At this point I'm guessing that it might have to do with the skin being able to move more freely when not in captivity and starting to collect lymph fluids when it's forced to "stay put", and when it's all drawn back, there's of course a bit more of it than needed for the space. Also I've realised I'm erect surprisingly often when it's not in a cage so that would also be a differentiating factor in the conditions, dunno.

Anyway, decided to post just to see if this is something others have experienced and solved..
Oh ps thank you for your time and effort in researching the subject!
Last edited by Albert Steel on Mon May 02, 2016 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Locked by LRC

Post by Locked by LRC »

I don't know if this will help but Steeled Snake describes a problem with edema similar to yours. You can read about it here; https://steeledsnake.com/2015/05/14/rea ... ith-edema/
0 x
Current device - MM Custom
Previous devices - CB2000, 3000, 6000, 6000s, Curve
Albert Steel

Post by Albert Steel »

Hi!
I did see that one as well recently and the symptoms do sound similar. By reading the related posts it seems his issues were related to PA which was not completely healed up yet. Maybe I'll try smoke signaling him.
0 x
ChastityNoob

Post by ChastityNoob »

I've been trying to do some research about edema... There definitely doesn't seem to be any cut and dry answer here. From my non-medically-trained perspective, I feel like a cage that's too tight could cause it just as easily as a ring that too tight, but I really have nothing to back that up.

I still haven't decided 100% what to do. I really think the smaller diameter is closer to my "perfect" size than the next one up. I wasn't originally concerned that it would be tight enough to cause any medical issues, but I'm a little nervous after doing some more reading.

I guess at some point I just need to go with my gut and monitor closely for any problems in the beginning. I assume plenty of people have "snug" cages that they have no issues with.
0 x