Help a hopeful find the right move after a broken CB6000s?

For the gearheads in the audience
SneakerSniffer

Help a hopeful find the right move after a broken CB6000s?

Post by SneakerSniffer »

OK, so first off, another short hello to everyone and a little bit about me. Married for years, have been in and out of a CB-6000s for about a year and a half. Chastity is something we're looking at doing long-term, though not in the way some might infer. We're not looking at months or years at a time, but rather 7/14/30 day stints at a time for the foreseeable future.

It's currently on hold due to ring problems (as I seem to see is fairly common). The two largest ring sizes (the only ones that fit me) snapped right at the weakest points up where they meet the locking pins.

So after an ill-advised adventure by my wife to invest in cheap Chinese knockoffs (that lasted less than 72 hours total), we're kind of at a crossroads. Here's the options we're debating:

1. Buy another ring or two straight from the original company. I mean, the rings we had DID last a year and a half and $40 every 18 months or so is not a LOT of money, but that timetable is nowhere near a guarantee.

2. Invest in one of these:
http://www.bdsmchastity.com/steel-chast ... 0-cb6000s/
Seems to look like it'd work just fine. As long as the ring doesn't have to be bent to fit the plastic locking apparatus, we could likely dremel out any burrs or slight measurement issues, but the text on the site obviously shows this is not a US business. Not necessarily a problem, but I would like to know for sure that the rings are actually steel and not chrome-played or any other metal that's going to turn my balls green in the shower/summer (or worse).

3. Go metal altogether. An enticing idea, but it presents a number of issues. First, I am a total grower. I'm about 4 1/2-5" when aroused, but flaccid? I've never measured, but suffice to say my penis can't be relied on to provide any support for the cage when I'm just working or walking around. Also, the weight. The best estimates I can find suggest that a metal CB6000s replica is about 3 times the weight of the plastic one. My concern is that at that point, it's gonna act more like a ball stretcher than a cage. I don't mind having to slide the cage tighter to my body to pee (I always kept the CB lubed with baby oil gel), but having to stuff my rapidly stiffening penis into the cage every time I get aroused is a big no-no. Additionally, I have this paranoia that's probably misplaced about horrific things happening to my piss slit if it gets caught on something or stretched open or whatever, which is what drew me to the more closed design of the CB.

4. Save up and invest in a Holy Trainer, maybe? I dunno. I read a few reviews, people seem to love it, but I didn't find anyone who has my particular situation who reviewed it.

So there we are. I was kind of hoping maybe someone here who had a similar situation (or just a lot of knowledge) could help me out or just point me in a direction.

I, as I'm sure many guys do, have a little trepidation about any device that I'm going to insert my penis into and given that there's no stores you can go to to handle and try these things first, I want this to be as informed a purchase as possible, particularly if we're looking at a sizable one.

And in case anyone wants to know, urethral insertions/catheter tubes and PAs are absolutely a no-go for me. Nothing against them if that's what you're into, but there's a 0% I will ever have either one done.

So... Yep. That's all I got, I think. If anyone wants to know anything else, just ask! Thanks in advance!
0 x
Namron

Re: Help a hopeful find the right move after a broken CB6000

Post by Namron »

Plastic cages eventually fail, especially the cheap Chinese knockoffs, which is why I prefer steel. Getting an open design such as the Mature Metal Jailbird, or the Male Chastity Now Contender, will make it much lighter and give your keyholder access without unlocking.

Many of us have a drawer full of plastic, silicone and cheap metal knockoffs that would have paid for a more expensive custom device that we should have bought to start with. :)
0 x
groundedBird

Post by groundedBird »

I moved from a CB knock-off to a HTv2 SMALL about 2 years ago. I'm not locked 24/7/365 but more like 24/7 every now and then for 1 to 4 weeks long periods. My penis is a super-grower and when flaccid is really tiny (about 1 inch and half long).

The Holy Trainer is pretty comfortable for me and almost invisible under any male clothes. I'm quite happy about the purchase, paired with the fact that I can be locked up regardless of what i do or where i ago (even on airplanes, which i often use). The fact that the cage cannot be customized means you need to be lucky to match the manufacturer standard sizes to achieve an extra comfortable fit; even if that does not happen, you should get a fit comfortable enough to play with chastity in the way you wrote above.
I belong to the second category and whilst the case is super comfy when I'm not aroused, it can get quite uncomfortable or painful when I am, unless my trousers are tight and they contain the erection pressure. This happens because the tube leaves me too much room to grow in length so my erections get too powerful and pull my balls.

Note that the penis does not hold the cage. This job is done mostly by your balls so no need to worry about the penis size.

The HTv2 goes for 165 USD which is about 100 USD lower than, for example, the Contender, a very popular custom-made open-design steel device by MCN.

Unless you find a Holy Trainer at a lower price (take a look at the CF MarketPlace section), I'd recommend to invest in the custom steel one. Better ROI in the long run.
0 x
SneakerSniffer

Post by SneakerSniffer »

groundedBird wrote:I moved from a CB knock-off to a HTv2 SMALL about 2 years ago. I'm not locked 24/7/365 but more like 24/7 every now and then for 1 to 4 weeks long periods. My penis is a super-grower and when flaccid is really tiny (about 1 inch and half long).
Sounds like me! So what's the durability like on a HT? The general consensus seems to be that plastic cages are gonna fail sooner or later, but the HT is plastic, is it not? Or "bio-resin." What's the difference? Is there one?
0 x
ManagedMan

Post by ManagedMan »

I have broken apart two CB-6000 tubes. The spot fusing they use to keep the halves together just don't hold up to the stress that a grower puts on them. Unlike the CB-6000, the halves of the Holy Trainer are completely fused together. It is difficult to even find the seams. This makes it much more comfortable and durable than the CB-6000.

There are two issues I have found with the HT2, though. The bio resin does become flexible over time while exposed to your body heat. After about a week of constant use, this causes the tube and the ring to become a bit more loose than they were originally. This causes the two pieces to create some noise when you move and allow for some slight wobbling in the tube. It isn't particularly bad, though, and most people don't even notice it. You can always reset the bio resin to fit better again by immersing the two pieces in hot tap water for 10-15 minutes.

The second problem that I had was with the curve at the base of the HT2 tube. They designed the end that fits against your pelvis to be a rounded cup rather than a flat seam. Presumedly this curved design helps force an erection downward, which it does. But this cupped bump area continuously pushes against the base of the penis and tended to create irritation for me. After a couple weeks that area at the base of my penis became a lighter shade of color from the irritation.

There are some great things about the HT2 that I don't want to gloss over. It is normally very comfortable. And it is very stealthy. Compared to the CB-6000, no one would ever notice that you had the HT2 on. The magic lock on the HT2 is really great. It is normally very easy to use. Plus you can wear the HT2 through airport security. The tiny bit of metal in the magic lock doesn't set off the metal detectors.

I would consider the HT2 and upgrade to the CB-6000. If it is comfortable for you, it can be a great chastity device. BTW if you decide to buy and you are in the US, I highly recommend KeptForHer.com. They provide excellent customer service and shipped my HT2s promptly.
0 x
Currently wearing: MCN Contender sized short
Also have: HT2 short black, HT2 regular clear, CB-6000, CB-6000s, BirdLock Original
groundedBird

Post by groundedBird »

I agree on all that written by ManagedMan.
ManagedMan wrote:There are two issues I have found with the HT2, though. The bio resin does become flexible over time while exposed to your body heat. After about a week of constant use, this causes the tube and the ring to become a bit more loose than they were originally. This causes the two pieces to create some noise when you move and allow for some slight wobbling in the tube. It isn't particularly bad, though, and most people don't even notice it. You can always reset the bio resin to fit better again by immersing the two pieces in hot tap water for 10-15 minutes.
The noise I sometimes ear comes from the magic lock moving inside its housing. It's a very feeble noise thou, one wouldn't hear it with clothes on unless he pays specific attention.
0 x
peter_rabbit
Last orgasm: May 17th, 2020
Orgasms this year: 17

Post by peter_rabbit »

To my ear it sounds like you're ready for a custom metal device.
MaleChastityNow.com Contender design works really well for growers.
Mark, the owner, is great to work with. If your base ring size needs change with time, I found his prices very reasonable ($55) and the turn around time is fast.

Metal feel better growing against. There's less friction. I sometimes got stuck and bent up halfway in the HolyTrainer. It's easier to keep clean as well.
0 x