MCN Contender Buying Experience

For the gearheads in the audience
ManagedMan

MCN Contender Buying Experience

Post by ManagedMan »

Like many chastity enthusiasts, I got started with a CB-6000. The sensation of getting my cock encased in plastic was quite a thrill. Later, I got the CB-6000S for a snugger fit and discovered how much better it felt in a short cage. Some months ago I got the Holy Trainer since I wanted to try longer term lock-up. I didn't find that the CBs were practical for daily wear due to bulge. The HT2 is definitely stealthier than the CBs. But I still felt like something was missing.

Up until this point I had always been in a non-custom, plastic/bio-resin device. But I have heard many guys saying that they swear by their custom steel devices for comfort, stealth and easy cleaning. I decided that I wanted to give it a try. And since I have found that a shorter cage is a better experience for me, I wanted it to be short too.

Making the jump from one-size plastic to custom steel required some research. Looking at all the steel chastity cage manufacturers, the most important factors for me were turn-around time, price, comfort and customer service. Like everyone, I wanted a perfectly fitting steel device for cheap. HAHA! But I'm a firm believer that you get what you pay for. I didn't want to buy a knock-off. I wanted real custom steel.

I began focusing in on Male Chastity Now since they were located in the Seattle north western area of the US. I sent off an inquiry to MCN to see what their turn-around times were. Expecting a response of something like four weeks to two months, I was shocked when Mark from MCN replied that he turned-around cages in just a few days! And with MCN's prices being quite reasonable, I had found my steel cage.

Performing all the measurements for a custom cage seemed daunting at first. But after a while I kind of enjoyed taking the time to do my research. It was kind of amazing to discover that my penis, like most men, varied in size and girth throughout the day. Once I had compiled some measurements, I had some difficult decisions to make. Should the cage be longer or shorter? Should it be thinner or wider? I asked Mark at MCN all kinds of questions. All of his replies were quick, well thought-out and helpful. MCN provides really excellent customer service. Mark was also able to work with me on how the cage was going to be shipped. I placed my order on MCN's web site and got a confirmation immediately.

I placed my order on a Saturday. Knowing that it took two days for Priority Mail to ship from the Seattle area to northern California, I didn't have high hopes that I'd be in my steel cage before the end of the week. Around Wednesday I was starting to wonder if MCN was going to pull-through with getting my custom cage manufactured in just two or three business days. I shot off another email to Mark, to check-in and see where things were. I was again astounded to hear that he had already shipped my Contender! Looking up the tracking number he gave me, there it was, on its way. It would arrive on Friday. I got my custom steel chastity device in under one week. That is really amazing.

The proof is in the pudding, as they say. A custom chastity device is only as good as its ability to be comfortably worn for long periods while doing its job to prevent erections. I am happy to report that the Contender has fulfilled all my expectations fully. It is extremely comfortable. All surfaces and weld points are smooth and tapered. And with the open design, I can just jump in the shower to get cleaned-up. I chose the Satin finish, which is softer and warmer visually. Plus, I feel like it has more friction to it than the polished steel finish, so it doesn't get as slick or move around quite as much.
contender-1.jpg
Because I wanted a more secure and stealthy profile, I chose to get the medium security screw. I have been impressed with how well it stays in. I lead an active lifestyle, going to the gym daily and doing all kinds of exercises and stretches. The Contender stays right where it is supposed to all day, and all night. As long as I tighten it sufficiently when I put the Contender on, the security screw stays tight. This makes the whole Contender rock-solid. The cage and A ring form a single, solid unit.

I sized the cage on my Contender a little shorter than MCN recommends because I wanted a shorter cage experience. I don't want my penis to be allowed to grow when locked. I sized down to just below my average flaccid length. The open bar design has worked well for the short experience. When I get morning wood, my head is pushed into the bars, overflowing at times between them. But there is never any pinching or discomfort. There is just sweet denial and pressure against my hard-on, keeping it back, keeping it under control.
contender-2.jpg
My short Contender is stealthy, comfortable and has been an extremely satisfying chastity experience. I highly recommend it as a perfect custom steel upgrade for those wanting to move beyond plastic cages.
  • Excellent customer service experience.
    Extremely amazing build times.
    Competitive pricing.
    A quality steel device that is still light and stealthy.
I have tried to think of any negatives that I could add to this experience. But seriously, I cannot think of any. My Contender buying experience has been quite amazing. I heartily recommend MCN.
0 x
Currently wearing: MCN Contender sized short
Also have: HT2 short black, HT2 regular clear, CB-6000, CB-6000s, BirdLock Original
locked4her55
Re: MCN Contender Buying Experience

Post by locked4her55 »

Nice description of your transition to custom steel. Will most likely help others here contemplating doing the same thing.
I don't believe MCN was around when I made the jump but from everything I have read Mark is doing a great job with an outstanding product.
Best of luck behind the bars.
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
Veganpunk

Re: MCN Contender Buying Experience

Post by Veganpunk »

Agree with everything you said. Mark helped me greatly. When it was over he said "wow that was a lot of back and forth, lol" I looked through the email chain, and it was a total of 48 messages sent back and forth. He never disappeared on me, and was always quick to reapond. Great guy, and great product. No pinch points, lightweight, and the best benefit: my KH has been way more engaged in teasing me since I've switched to custom steel. God bless you Mark and MCN! Lol
0 x