Base ring question

For the gearheads in the audience
Houseboy4Jane

Re: Base ring question

Post by Houseboy4Jane »

Does the diameter of the ring typically decrease the longer one wears a device?
0 x
Houseboy4Jane

In My Queen's Service Since 1984 - Secured By Her Since 2014
Currently in MM Queen's Keep
Previous: CB-6000
wishful4

Post by wishful4 »

Houseboy4Jane wrote:Does the diameter of the ring typically decrease the longer one wears a device?
Generally, yes. I have settled on a round ring and have reduced the base ring size by 1/8th inch overall. The fit seems to change with weight gain or loss and is also different in Winter than Summer. It is probably different for everyone.
0 x
Wishful4
Current Device: DhGate A271
Houseboy4Jane

Post by Houseboy4Jane »

Thanks Wishful4!
0 x
Houseboy4Jane

In My Queen's Service Since 1984 - Secured By Her Since 2014
Currently in MM Queen's Keep
Previous: CB-6000
attentive_husband

Post by attentive_husband »

wishful4 wrote:Get in the shower with your base ring and practice putting it on and taking it off with the skin wet, not soaped up. Try different methods until you find the right one for you. Turn the water on as hot as you can stand and make sure you scrotum is somewhat relaxed. After you practice a bit, the right way will become clear to you.
I agree - pretty easy to get the ring on in the shower. And the cage right after getting out and drying off.
0 x
attentive_husband

Post by attentive_husband »

Sammysm wrote:Thanks for all the tips, I seem to be getting it on better, but getting it off is still harder, and if I'm aroused and its hard, it just ain't coming off.
That's the big problem I face too. My wife likes to get me really worked up, and then sometimes tells me to take it off. Which means a 5 minute cold shower by which point my penis is totally confused. Makes it a lot of work to get back up to the point of having an orgasm.
0 x
Papageno

Post by Papageno »

I have a different base ring question:
I have no problem for getting it on, or off (when flacid). My problem is some scrotum skin irritation or scratch unless I apply some ointment several times each day.
I'm wearing a custom made stainless steel cage with oval base ring, most days (and not at nights when with my wife/KH) since a few months.
Sometimes I think that I can skip reapplying ointment during the day. It seems fine a few days, but irritation comes back. :cry:
I hesitate to order a larger ring since my initial tests with a cheap chrome plated device of larger ring was that it was not a good fit. It was an invitation to pull out.
Your advices would be appreciated. Do you have to lube so frequently ? Has the problem disappeared with time? How long did it take?
0 x
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

Papageno wrote:Sometimes I think that I can skip reapplying ointment during the day. It seems fine a few days, but irritation comes back. :cry:
I've been in custom metal for over 4 years now and I still apply lotion around my base ring once in the morning and once before bed. Not a lot but just enough to have the ring slide easily.

Some here have said they use very little lube or none at all. I've tried to go a few days without but I end up nursing an oncoming sore area at the bottom of the ring.

For now I would keep applying lubrication when you think you need it and hold off on a larger ring.
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4

Post by TwistedMister »

Papageno wrote:My problem is some scrotum skin irritation or scratch unless I apply some ointment several times each day...Sometimes I think that I can skip reapplying ointment during the day. It seems fine a few days, but irritation comes back...Do you have to lube so frequently ? Has the problem disappeared with time? How long did it take?
That particular bit of skin is soft and sensitive, unaccustomed to the pressure,rubbing and friction of the ring.If you were doing hard work with your hands, you would not lube them, you would just let them get callused...maybe with some blisters along the way.

But in this case, you don't want to do that, so you apply lube, which reduces the friction. That makes it take much longer for the skin to get tougher. I think the time varies for everyone. I don't remember how long it took for me but it was quite a while before I could feel that it was toughening up.

Try not skipping it entirely for a few days, but simply reducing the frequency of application.
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted