Steelworxx Tube Jacket

For the gearheads in the audience
The Grinder

Steelworxx Tube Jacket

Post by The Grinder »

TLDR - see end
I have both a Lori 5 and a Steelworxx Tube Jacket. I will compare and contrast how these devices worked for us. Notable - I have a 6ga PA that has healed at least a year since the last stretch up. I am circumcised. I would not recommend this device to an uncut man. For what it is worth, I wish I was a 4ga or even a 2ga.

The Tube Jacket is a ringless device "locked" in place by a pin that penetrates the penis and joined to the tube by an integrated lock. The weight of the tube is held by friction between the tube and penis. The piercing should not carry any significant load. It costs $260 with an optional $33 for a pair of curved bars. I took the bars and was glad I did - Bars limit my ability to stimulate the head of my penis. The link below has safe for work pictures. Words don't do this justice.

https://steelworxx.de/Tube-Jacket-02-on ... -130p.html

The Tube Jacket befuddled me for months. I couldn't figure out a pain free procedure to get the pin installed. Ok - snicker if you like. The pin that comes with the Tube Jacket is a irregular curve resembling a shepherd's crook. Plus there is a small air gap between the penis and the tube jacket. It proved too tricky for me and frustrating too, most of us can imagine how it would be to have an interesting untested chastity device sitting on the shelf. . . . I added a primer on how to get the contraption on at the end of the post.

The Lori's tube was much easier to get installed. Not trivial but doable with a little persistence.

The Tube Jacket is the best device I have ever worn. In part because it is designed better, in part because it is lighter and in part because the measurements are more precise. To be fair, I can't wear a ball trapping device, YMMV with regards to best ever. Makes my key holder happy too - she is a worry wart about damaging me. The locking pin is a little daunting to look at - you'll not be pulling out of that.

Steelworxx uses metric measurements, to the nearest millimeter if you ask for it (no matter that the web page says 3mm increments.) Lori's uses measurements to the closest eight of an inch. 1MM = 0.039 inches. 1.8 inch = 0.125 inches. So metric tubing gets you three times the precision on the tube diameter.

Getting the tube diameter right is essential. Go get PVC piping samples at the hardware store or plumbing supply. You want the smallest diameter that allows you to pee comfortably when flacid - that means you put each piece of PVC on your penis and test it. Time and money spent here may save hundreds of dollars and months of wait time if you bungle the measurement. Really!

A properly sized Tube Jacket is going to look too small. I had serious doubts about getting mine on and how much trouble it would cause. I still can't believe my penis is that small when flaccid.

The PA locking pin is a little intimidating. The user is going to wind the pin through their penis a lot like putting a worm on a fish hook. And then at the end, slide the whole hook about 1/8th of an inch deeper into the penis. This is a well thought out design because it means the pin passes through the piercing at a right angle. Also there is a small air gap between the tube wall and the penis. That gap greatly reduces the chance of getting pinched. The Lori's tube is flush to the penis and prone to occasional pinching especially when removing the PA pin.

That air gap does lead to some hygiene issues. Urine is going to puddle in the gap and then drip out - it is only a couple of drops but enough to merit attention. The curve of the locking pin tends to direct urine back at you. Wearers of the Tube Jacket with a full pin will need to take a seat. Peeing standing up could get messy.

We are on a weekly cleaning plan. Once a week the device comes off - I get a shower and a chance to scrub to clear off dead skin and the tube gets cleaned with soap and water. We have a one hour wait time after cleaning (and playing maybe? ;) ) - to let everything dry off and to check for delayed edema.

It might seem like this contraption could be worn permanently but that would be a huge mistake. Your skin is always dying and being replaced. The wearer needs to clean the dead skin off or it becomes a mildly abrasive, rotting paste between the tube and penis. There might not be pain, but you will be really sorry somewhere down the road.

This is device will not "stop" erections. It will not "bite" you each time you get morning wood. There is no punishment for getting erect. I like it, but it is quite frustrating. The tube will constrain your erection. The weight will prove insurmountable, your penis will lose to gravity every time - the weight of the tube will quickly deflate an erection if you can even get the thing airborn. The Tube Jacket will keep you from orgasm. I have not been able to get off using estim and vibration - but then I am not a young man. Normal intercourse is not happening with it on.

The tube jacket is a little more severe than the Lori's tube in that it covers every bit of the frenum. The difference in coverage is maybe a few square millimeters but those square millimeters are prime nerve endings for me.

The tube jacket is roughly a third lighter than the Lori's 5 tube. Lori's 5B is lighter than the 5 or 5A and less expensive - I don't have one - but a Lori's 5B is $350. Each offering has some features that might suit some folks better. Lori's Tubes are hand crafted. The walls are thicker than on the Tube jacket. The ends of a Lori's tube are flanged. The base of the tube jacket is unflanged and that leads to a fold of skin rolling up the tube.

The key and lock merits special discussion. The lock on a Tube Jacket is integrated into the body of the device. It is a true lock with a key - where as the Lori's tube uses a security screw. There is no motion - the lock is silent when installed. It can not pinch you.

This lock merits TLC. It is a tiny thing and exposed to a hostile environment. I oil it with WD40 every week and test the mechanical motion with both keys before reinstalling the lock.

In my opinion the Lori's screw can be more easily defeated than the lock on the Tube Jacket. Mixed blessing there - the mind fuck of the key is offset by the reality if something goes wrong. Power tools will get you out of a tube jacket but not so easily as a Lori's Tube.

Summary:
The tube jacket is effective and suitable for long term wear but weekly cleaning is required.
The tube jacket is harder to install than the Lori's tube but more ergonomic.
You can have a temporary erection but no orgasm or penetrative sex.
MOST IMPORTANT: Accurate measurement = happy customers. Do not take this lightly.
Lori's 5b and the Tube Jacket are roughly comparable in price and effect. There will be proponents for both.
Oil and test your lock periodically or you'll be sorry. The lock isn't going to be easy to get off.

The Grinder

Procedure for installing the Tube Jacket:
1. Use the stocking technique to pull your penis through the Tube Jacket. The fit should be tight on a flaccid penis if you measured accurately.
2. Use your PA jewelry to properly guide you as you move your penis/piercing into the proper place in the tube. This might take a while or you might get it the first try. Do not try testing using the pin for the Tube Jacket. Things that seem to fit often don't when you are half way through the insertion and it hurts. Do not force the pin in place - if it hurts, try to get the placement better.
3. The locking pin has to enter the tube at a right angle and then find your piercing. That means the other end of the pin needs to be pulled against your penis. This will depress and distort the head of the penis - it may seem counter intuitive when starting the insertion but as your rotate the pin through your penis it will rebound to the correct shape before the end of the pin exits your penis.
4. Be patient getting the pin to properly seat itself. You will not get the lock installed if the pin is not seated.
5. Oil and test the mechanical motion of the lock before installing it.
0 x