Mature Metal Security Screw

For the gearheads in the audience
VinnyDee

Mature Metal Security Screw

Post by VinnyDee »

I have read that many guys have the same problem I have with the security screw on a Jailbird. The problem is due to a flat screw head meeting a smaller curved surface. The screw head only comes into contact at two small points of the screw head where it touches the curved ring. After moving around all day with the cage being pushed in all directions, the screw looses up no matter how tight you make it. The security screw you paid extra for is not very secure.

WARNING DO NOT USE RED LOCTITE!! Red Locktite is meant for permanent use and can only be removed using a very hot heat source which will burn you penis badly.

I think they solved this problem by perhaps countersinking the screw so more of its surface comes into contact with the ring. Even so, I find that the screw protrudes enough to grab it with pliers and unscrew it. I can every grab the rounded screw head with pliers and loosen it enough to unscrew it by hand. My solution is to use Blue Loctite sparingly. It is sort of a liquid plastic. If used very sparingly it will prevent the screw from backing out. You can still unscrew it but it will take more forced to do so. That works well enough for my purposes.

Someone told me that they use teflon tape as used on gas pipe threads. I do not know how difficult that would make the screw to unscrew though. Keep in mind that if the screw cannot be removed, you are screwed. If the padlock cannot be opened (very rare since the top brands last longer than the device), a small bolt cutter can easily take care of that.

For now I will stick with the blue loctite although I worry that if I use too much it may be very difficult to unscrew with that small likte key with little gripping surface.
0 x
newtochast57

Re: Mature Metal Security Screw

Post by newtochast57 »

VinnieDee wrote:
I have read that many guys have the same problem I have with the security screw on a Jailbird. The problem is due to a flat screw head meeting a smaller curved surface. The screw head only comes into contact at two small points of the screw head where it touches the curved ring. After moving around all day with the cage being pushed in all directions, the screw loosens up no matter how tight you make it. The security screw you paid extra for is not very secure.
I have had a jailbird for just shy of two years. In that time I have had 4 different rings sizes (started with 1&3/4"single ring, currently using 1&1/2"double ring) and have had no issue with the screw coming loose on any of them.

Like you my first JB had the security screw however I did not like how the screw head was accessible and yes a pair of pliers would allow you to remove the screw head. I sent my cage back to have it shortened and at the same time had them drill out the side of the cage where the screw head went. To be technical they do not countersink the hole they in fact drill right through one side of the part of the cage that sits on the post attached to the base ring (you have to specify which side you want this done depending on whether you are right or left handed).

When the screw is fully in, the head of the screw is now right against the post. The hole for the screw head is the same size as the screw head and on my cage there is no way I could get a pair of pliers on the screw head to loosen it. The added benefit of this that because the hole on the side of the cage is much bigger it makes it easier to line up the hole in the post with the cage when putting it on.

VinnieDee wrote:
Someone told me that they use teflon tape as used on gas pipe threads. I do not know how difficult that would make the screw to unscrew though. Keep in mind that if the screw cannot be removed, you are screwed.
Teflon tape is very thin and flexible. Wrap the grooves on the screw with the tape and when you screwed it in, it will fill in the grooves making them tighter, which would prevent the screw from working its way loose. The tape remains flexible and does not dry like glue so if you could get the screw in, you will be able to get it off (the screw that is, not yourself). :lol: Aside from gas pipes, Teflon tape is often used by plumbers; for example if your shower head is loose or is leaking by wrapping the threads with Teflon tape is will not only tighten up the shower head it will also stop the leak.

Another fix that some people have used is put a small drop of clear nail polish in the screw hole. Let it dry before you put the screw in or it could act like a glue and make it difficult to get the screw out.

I have heard of the occasional complaint about the screw coming loose on a JB. Mistress M from MM had advised that this can happen occasionally and that they have a fix for it. I would suggest you contact her. For me their customer service has been second to none.
0 x
Tame Lion

Post by Tame Lion »

I've been wearing the Jail Bird with the security screw for over two years. There have only been one or two occasions when the screw loosened on its own. We use a ultrasonic cleaner every few weeks to clean the device and screw. I think that built-up body oils get in the threads and act like a lubricant. Keeping the threads clean fixed the issue for us. (both the threads on the screw and the ones tapped into the post). For less than $40 we got a good ultrasonic cleaner that takes care of everything.
0 x
Blog: http://www.malechastityjournal.com
#mcjnl @thecagedlion
My guide to fitting a chastity device:http://www.malechastityjournal.com/livi ... -good-fit/
Locked up 24/7 since January 2014.
VinnyDee

Post by VinnyDee »

I had my first two rings increased in size and that is when they added the screw. Unfortunately the hole in the ring did not match up perfectly with the hold in the cage. They told me that I could use a file to enlarge the hole, which I did. Then I had the screw backing out. It happens because I have a very short cage which moves when even slightly erect. My wife also likes to play with me when locked. That and the larger than normal hole in my ring. allows a little play back and forth which loosens the screw. MM did say that they would do as you did but I was in the middle of a long orgasm denial period and then we took a break and only started again last month.

I hate to have to send it back to MM again unless I have to. I do not try to escape so it is not a major issue, just an annoyance. I just tighten it by hand and it is good for another day. The Blue Loctite is working well and I have half a tube left so I will use that for awhile. You got it right about it not coming off. I have to use a cleaning liquid to get the gunk out of the threads of both the screw and hole. I do prefer the padlock but even its small extra weight causes the top of my penis to get sore.
0 x
ChastityNoob

Post by ChastityNoob »

I'm in the process of measuring for a Jail Bird and I'm torn between the security screw and the lock. After reading this thread I'm a little concerned about how secure the security screw actually is...

Question: If you get the device made with a security screw is it still compatible with a regular lock? Is there a way to have both options without comprimising the function of one or the other?
0 x
Subinmemphis

Post by Subinmemphis »

Yes, you can still use the lock. My jb has both. But if you have a threaded screw hole, the threads eventually wear grooves in the lock, making it a slight bit more difficult to remove if it's in a bind. The screw is a joke. Unless you use loctite, you can wiggle the ring and cage til the screw loosens, and even with blue loctite you can unscrew it with a small flat screw driver. Not secure at all.
Many have asked "why would you want to unlock yourself at all". To me it loses its effect if I COULD open it. If there no way to remove it, then chastity seems more 'enforced' and 'real'.
0 x
Katwalk is my key holder
slave d

Post by slave d »

FWIW MsM had a similar issue with the Contender security screw coming loose, particularly as She only tightened it with the specially made necklace key She has rather than the hex key which gets more leverage on it. So, when i reported it loosening She had me arrange for a drilled out screw (the hole goes through the length) and stainless steel seals from the manufacturer. They produced these beautifully for Her and now even if the screw does come a little loose (it hasn't because MsM used the hex key this time) it cannot come out because of the seal which has to be cut with side-cutters or similar.

It's also possible to have the security seal and a secondary hole for a padlock or for a plastic one-time lock as backup.

d
0 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
ChastityNoob

Post by ChastityNoob »

Hmmm, I like the low profile is the screw, but I think I prefer the security and the psychological impact of the lock. I guess having both would be nice... Is it possible to have two holes or does it require a separate ring for one system or the other?
0 x
slave d

Post by slave d »

i believe it's possible to have two holes providing you're buying custom of course.

d
0 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
VinnyDee

Post by VinnyDee »

I tried the nylon tape as suggested above and it works great. It is a pain in the butt to put on the tiny screw since it sticks to itself very easily but It has been a few days now and the screw is still in place. As always, I did a few test runs with my other ring and screw to make sure I could get it off. It takes longer though because before I could just unscrew it by hand. Thanks for the tip.
0 x