Holy Trainer 2 Heat Reset

For the gearheads in the audience
ManagedMan

Holy Trainer 2 Heat Reset

Post by ManagedMan »

After just a few days I noticed that my Holy Trainer 2 started making noises whenever I'd (eh hem) adjust it. I figured this was due to the bio-resin being exposed to body heat for long periods of time, getting soft, and losing its fit slightly. The tube would begin to rock on the ring base and make clicking sounds.

Reflecting back on a morphing plastic toy I had as a kid, if body heat could make it loose, a good dose of ambient heat should be able to reset it back again. Here's what I did:

Take the HT2 tube and ring, separate the parts, and put them in a sink full of hot water from the tap. Let them sit in the hot water for a while, until the temperature goes down enough to touch. I just go take a shower and come back to them.

Take the HT2 pieces out of the luke-warm water and cool them off completely in cold tap water. Now try putting the pieces back together again. They will be brand-new tight again and noise-free.

Enjoy your rock-solid, stealthy HT2! And when it gets loose again, just repeat this simple heat reset the next time you do a cleaning cycle.
0 x
Currently wearing: MCN Contender sized short
Also have: HT2 short black, HT2 regular clear, CB-6000, CB-6000s, BirdLock Original