Holy Trainer 2 loose connection between cage and ring

For the gearheads in the audience
sunnyweasel

Holy Trainer 2 loose connection between cage and ring

Post by sunnyweasel »

I have noticed the connection between cage and ring seems to get slightly more play in time. This will lead to the cage moving - the gap between the bottom of ring and cage to grow bigger slightly. The result ones balls has a change to slip out.

I made an insert cut to the same shape as the connection point of ring and cage. Looks like a small horse in shape. I used a old credit card for the plastic material it was the right thickness.

Now the play is a lot less - very solid like when it was new.
0 x
gilesenglish

Re: Holy Trainer 2 loose connection between cage and ring

Post by gilesenglish »

sunnyweasel wrote:I have noticed the connection between cage and ring seems to get slightly more play in time. This will lead to the cage moving - the gap between the bottom of ring and cage to grow bigger slightly. The result ones balls has a change to slip out.

I made an insert cut to the same shape as the connection point of ring and cage. Looks like a small horse in shape. I used a old credit card for the plastic material it was the right thickness.

That looseness will also put pressure on the locking post, so I think you were very right to patch it.
0 x
wolf513

Post by wolf513 »

I'm thinking about eliminating the play in my HTv2 also. It didn't have any when I first got it, but it developed some play about a week or two later. It hasn't increased any since then, as far as I can tell.

I was thinking either a hard nylon shim (which wouldn't wear, but also wouldn't give and might cause stress to the rest of the device), or maybe a softer plastic (which would wear down over time, but may reduce the stresses on the rest of the locking post).
0 x
jasmine

Post by jasmine »

sunnyweasel wrote:I have noticed the connection between cage and ring seems to get slightly more play in time. This will lead to the cage moving - the gap between the bottom of ring and cage to grow bigger slightly. The result ones balls has a change to slip out.

Can you please show a photo of the fix and the cage with the fix??
0 x
sunnyweasel

Post by sunnyweasel »

Hey are some pictures
0 x
zorglub

Post by zorglub »

I have experienced the same progressive looseness in my HTv2, leading to a particularly uncomfortable ball escape episode that caused my to relegate my HTv2 to the penalty box...
I recently saw a post in another forum where this was addressed this by immersing the HTv2 parts (unattached to each other) in hot water (not boiling mind you, just the hottest available from the tap) and letting them sit that way till the water cooled to room temperature. The poster claimed that this caused the resin to reset itself to its original shape.
I just tried this, and it did work!!! My HTv2 has been restored to its prime!
0 x
Current device: MM Jailbird with security screw and TetherSpout
Previously: CB6000s knock-off, HolyTrainer2, MCN Contender, Lori#5, MM Watchful Mistress
jasmine

Post by jasmine »

sunnyweasel wrote:Hey are some pictures
Thank YOU sir for your rely and photos
0 x
sunnyweasel

Post by sunnyweasel »

I tried the water helped but with add plastic shim -- rock solid
0 x
groundedBird

Post by groundedBird »

zorglub wrote:I have experienced the same progressive looseness in my HTv2, leading to a particularly uncomfortable ball escape episode that caused my to relegate my HTv2 to the penalty box...
I recently saw a post in another forum where this was addressed this by immersing the HTv2 parts (unattached to each other) in hot water (not boiling mind you, just the hottest available from the tap) and letting them sit that way till the water cooled to room temperature. The poster claimed that this caused the resin to reset itself to its original shape.
I just tried this, and it did work!!! My HTv2 has been restored to its prime!
Haven't had the issue yet but hey, thanks for sharing. I will keep this in mind!
0 x