Why purchase a steel cage??

For the gearheads in the audience
Adoring_alexandra

Why purchase a steel cage??

Post by Adoring_alexandra »

I am reading everywhere on this forum, that a steel cage is the way to go. I have some reservations, though. My beloved and caged partner is wearing a pink Holy Trainer, that we bought early this year. He doesn't complain about the device, but expresses that he wants a steel one. He also says, that steel devices are what to go for, if the intention is long term wear. The longest he has gone in the cage is four weeks. He had no complaints, well, at least about the device. :lol:

So the questions is... why get a steel cage? Someone please enlighten me on its advantages and be honest about disadvantages. Also, what steel cage would you all consider to be good quality, and affordable? (Although, I know this is a relative term, keep in mind, I am a broke college student and my partner is a "starving artist" <<< kinda hate that term, but it gets the point across.)

One disadvantage, that I see is that he will be able to see him penis. The holy trainer is completely enclosed, so he can not see any part of his penis. The fact that he can't see it, means he can't touch it in anyway, unless I give him permission and unlock it. I like having that kind of control.

Newbie and keyholder,
Alexandra
0 x
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4
Re: Why purchase a steel cage??

Post by TwistedMister »

It can be easier to keep clean, of you get the more open type. There are steel devices that are more enclosed, and do not allow sight or touch.

I think that part of the appeal of steel is the solidity- it isn't going to bend, stretch or break. There may be a mental aspect as well, plastic may seem more like a toy but steel is real.
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
belocked

Post by belocked »

For me it was hygiene and sizing. It's difficult to keep clean inside an enclosed device, and steel devices like a JailBird can give enough access to clean well and be sized for longer term comfort. Of course it's more interesting to have no access or sight but there are tradeoffs.
0 x
HPHDX

Post by HPHDX »

I've never tried a plastic CB but went straight for metal.
First a cheap Chinese one to get a feel and size ideas, and then a custom model.

Plastic - to me at least - is more like a toy where steel is real thing... Impossible to escape and so forth.
In real life I then learned that might not be the truth :(

So on the look for upgrades to the costum model or perhaps a new one... Dangerous and expensive path... But also rather exiting :mrgreen:
0 x
wishful4

Post by wishful4 »

The reality of it is that most of the non-custom made devices have "one size fits all" cages although several offer a variety of base ring sizes and gap adjustments. If you are lucky enough that the cage really fits well, then one of these may work for you. All devices require maintaining good hygiene. The enclosed cages require more but people learn how to deal with them. It is really just a personal preference and what fits you the best.
0 x
Wishful4
Current Device: DhGate A271
peter_rabbit
Last orgasm: May 17th, 2020
Orgasms this year: 17

Post by peter_rabbit »

A custom fit cage made of Quality stainless steel looks and fits better, and easier to keep clean.
I just got my 2" long Contender from MaleChastityNow with a PA hook and I love the snug fit.
I never had an emotional attachment to my device like I have with my custom steel. My wife though the CB6k and HT looked silly, but does like the look of the steel. Also the funk from plastic/resin devices gets annoying. In steel I just shower. No squirt bottles of lubrication needed.

250$ for a custom stainless is a great deal. I think it's a good investment if you're going for a month of continuous lockup in the HT. There really isn't a reason to remove my Contender! Scary huh? :)
0 x
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

peter_rabbit wrote:My wife though the CB6k and HT looked silly, but does like the look of the steel. Also the funk from plastic/resin devices gets annoying. In steel I just shower. )
If my wife saw this she would totally agree. I was reluctant to even mention a steel device to her thinking she would think it was too "hard core". Boy was I ever wrong. Once the MM JB arrived I heard of all the reasons she 'put up' with plastic.
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
WifeIsVanilla

Post by WifeIsVanilla »

I agree with all that has been said and would add that steel simply feels better on your skin. The feeling of having my genitals encased in a steel cage is wonderful, sooo much more enjoyable than plastic.
0 x
Past Devices: Curve & CB 6000s. Both broke, were repaired; then broke beyond repair.
Current Devices: MM Jail Bird, Cobra, MM Watchful Mistress, Holy Trainer v3, a new Curve & the dreaded Spiked Chamber.
Gwyidion

Post by Gwyidion »

Have to conform to other responses here.

for me, it was hygiene - steel allows for more open designs.

for my wife, it was look, and the feeling of security.
0 x