Any advise for getting a steelheart? :)

For the gearheads in the audience
Indigo

Any advise for getting a steelheart? :)

Post by Indigo »

Hi everyone, I was just hoping i could get some confirmation that my measurements are not crazy off, or general advice! :D

I am looking to get a steelworxx steelheart, with a PA lock 4mm. The integrated lock seems to be a must have and I think I will go for the steel ring as well!

I currently lock up in a CB6000 and I feel its too big and a CB6000s would be a tiny bit too small, I don't like the rings and how they rub and my PA is going to waste in a CBX!

With the CB6000 I use the middle ring, its a 1 3/4" which is 44.45mm. I would not want to go bigger and as its a far more narrow ring I think its best to go down a size to a 42mm (seems to be a very popular size). I'm pretty sure thats about right!

The CB6000 has a 3 1/4" (82.5mm) length and a 1 3/8" (34.9mm), I have been playing around with a vernier gauge :lol: (pretty damn useful for this kinda thing) and Found that 35mm wide tube is good, it was good in the CB6000 as well!

All that leaves is length, probably one of the most difficult reading to gauge. The CB6000 length seems to be a little too much as I pull back which is annoying. Taking into consideration that I will have the ring there I currently measure up at 72mm (thats fully soft but not cold shrivel up mode haha). Im guessing i want from 76mm to 80mm however i'm not quite sure on that!

Also is it worth while going for a anatomical ring, its looks far nicer to wear!

Thanks in advance for any help that i get! I look forward to reading any responses!
~Indigo
0 x