Fitting the CB6000S

For the gearheads in the audience
Sprockett

Fitting the CB6000S

Post by Sprockett »

Being my first device, I've been playing around with figuring out the best fit for the CB6000S, I found that a 2-1/8" is my current limit and keeps the device in place with no escapes. But the cage length is actually a little to long, so I've been playing with making the cage to ring size smaller and smaller, until I actually have them together at this point. The problem with that is my sac wants to slide up between the cage and the ring, and pinch.

I've been considering how to fix this, because with no gap, the cage is actually a good length for me. I'm going to see if I can find some thin (1/8" or so) foam, that I can cut into a piece that will go between the ring and cage and be the same basic shape at the second holder. Then I can create an oval piece, a little wider than the holder, and glue it to the gap piece so that it curves a little which would then push my sac down out of the pinch area. The other option is to glue it onto the actual key pieces in the ring, so that when yo assemble the ring it pushes the skin out of the way.

If I get it working, I'll take some pictures, because it's hard to exactly explain. I did spend some time tonight rounding off the inner edges of the ring and cage so that the skin could easily glide over those spots. So far it seems to have helped, now to just solve the pinching gaps and I'm all good.

They make a blue foam that has a clear plastic on it, people use it to build micro airplanes, so with some of that, I can also by putting it in place, stop the damn pinching when you assemble the ring. I've gotten better at it, but the core issue that those pieces are sliding together next to some very soft and wrinkly skin, NOT a good combination. If I thought I could fit into the Holy Trainer I would jump to that, but I know from playing with sizing rings I'm just a little too big.

-Sprockett-
0 x
-Sprockett-
*Subordinate to Mrs Sprockett*
Happy boy when locked up!