Review: Bon4M Chastity Devise

For the gearheads in the audience
Bound_spirit

Review: Bon4M Chastity Devise

Post by Bound_spirit »

What follows is my review of the Bon4M (standard size) chastity devise I received 2-3 weeks ago. I've seen a limited number of reviews but this forum tends to cater to the "tinkerers" which pretty much describes me and my quest for "the devise." I'm sure a few of you can relate to what I mean...

Some background information to help "index" my experiences. I'm relatively experienced (5 years or so), my wife is my key-holder, we play off/on for 2-3 months at a clip. When "on" I'm pretty much in 24/7 so long-term wear is critical. I'm around 50, decent shape, normal size, a grower and not pierced. I've tried CB-2000, 6000, 6000S, Mature Metal, Neosteel. At current, the CB-6000 with a KSD G3 anti-pull out addition from Kept of Her has been my favorite for a balance of comfort, security, etc.

Like many chastity "geeks" I've continued to search for upgraded security without loosing comfort or getting pierced (a non-starter for my wife). The Bon4M interested me as it was like my current favorite (CB-6000) with the potential of being more secure given its metal construction. The idea that I can just snap off the CB-6000 if I get really pissed is a mental block for me. The Bon4M also seemed pretty reasonably priced for a metal devise so I didn't mind buying for experimentation purposes. I had also heard from Kept for Her that their KSD had been modified (by another user) to fit this devise - something I considered critical as all other ball trap devices without the GSD are just too easy to come out of with my anatomy. I at least have to be able to pretend I'm in for the long haul for me to get into the right mental frame of mind. The ordered devise arrived from China about 3 weeks ago (14 days from order to delivery).

IMPRESSIONS
Overall, the devise is one of the better price/value metal devises I've had or seen. As delivered, it's got some problems (see below) but overall it was very much like the CB-6000 which I like very much. My feeling is that the fit/finish is OK on the outer surfaces - not OK on the inner surfaces - especially within the cage. I didn't even attempt to wear it until I'd spent time grinding, cleaning and polishing. If you're handy and have a Dremel, I believe that this can be turned into a very good (perhaps even excellent) devise and may be close to "the one" I've been after. It is NOT ready to slap on and go out of the box in my opinion - just too rough for long term wear (or even a weekend).

So for those that are interested, here are the things I did with the devise to bring it to where it is now...

Cage: I like the design allot (as does my wife ;-) and the ability to keep clean is proving superior to the CB-6000. In my opinion, it needs grinding and polishing to work long term. I started by cleaning all interior surfaces via Dremel grinder and then rounded and smoothed the various edges both interior and exterior (something I found out later as skin will come out during morning erections). Most edges started as relatively sharp, rough and simply not what you want next to your privates for long-term wear.

After the heavy grinding was completed and all surfaces carefully checked for burrs (a few very uncomfortable mornings as I found I hadn't checked quite closely enough), uncomfortable edges, I smoothed and polished until it felt universally smooth and looked very shiny. Note: Access to the inner cage can be a challenge and I couldn't (or didn't) get a mirror finish inside but perhaps with enough time (many many hours or better tools) it could be done.

Anti-Pullout Addition: With the cage complete, I then fit a spare KSD anti-pull-out devise which proved pretty easy. Just drill 2 holes in the plastic to allow the permanently mounted pins on the cage through, reshape by sanding/light grinding and heat to get a smooth fit in the tube and it's ready to go. I found out too late that I should have kept it larger than the unit in my CB-6000 (which I used as a guide). The Bon4M is not oval and the tube diameter (height) is larger by as much as 5mm so I need to re-order from K4H and leave it a bit larger to create a bit more security. As it sits now, it hard to pull out in the shower but probably not impossible - reasonably easy fix.

The Ring: I use the 48mm ring on the CB6000 but hoped to tighten this up (metal, more weight) and went down to the 44 mm (4 rings come with the devise - this is the second to smallest). I prefer the rectangular Bon4M ring design to the round one (like my MM) as the rectangle (like CB6000) doesn't tend to cut into me as much. Like the cage, the interior surfaces need work. It's hinged and that need allot of smoothing, cleaning and rounding of all edges - same to the entire ring. Same approach - grind the surface smooth and round every edge you can find. Polish until mirror smooth and shiny and your good to go.

The spacing on the Bon4M is fixed at what I measured as 18mm (ring to device). This is too much for me as I'll get one testicle that slips out when I'm hot, sweaty and working (amazing the things we come to understand about ourselves). I need between 11-14mm and this took some work. Basically, I didn't want to mess with the fixed pins in the cage so elected to drill out the two female holes in the ring. This friends was a bitch - probably went through 8-10 bits to get the stainless rings drilled 3-5mm deeper. The pins are graduated and I elected to just drill hold for the larger diameter. Careful not to drill through the ring. The addition of the 3-5 mm of depth allows me to set the cage/ring distance with a spacer (which they don't use). I just used some spacers from the various CB series I had and ground one down until I got the depth where i wanted it. The devise remains rigid when assembled - just be careful not to drill the ring guide holes too big - they are what provides the rigidity.

Pin: Because the Bon4M is not designed for spacing adjustment, there is only one stainless pin (actually they provide a 2nd one as well) which is standard round - not oval like the CB6000. The pin has a hole where the lock goes (cheap lock is provided). Because I wanted the spacing adjustable, I fit a second spacer on the pin behind the lock once I the depth was where I wanted it and it keeps it rigid. Not elegant and one more fiddly piece to keep track of but it works for now. The post also extended beyond the lock for 3/8" - not what you want for stealth so I ground that down and polished it up. Overall, much better than the CB6000 in terms of security - I know I can't just break off the pins and be out if I wanted to. That said, I would say that the pin and locking mechanism remains the weakest part of a pretty elegant package. The lock is easy to pick of cut off and sticks well away from an otherwise nice package. Something to think about for the future I guess.

HOW DOES IT WEAR
I've been in the "fiddle" / "wear" / "fiddle" mode for about 10 days. My wife has informed me that I'm to hand over the key tonight so looks like I'm going to have to live with what I've done for awhile. I had to abandon the smaller ring and go to the 47mm one which is similar to the CB. Nights were impossible and it wasn't a good kind of pain. Beyond that, I really like the Bon4M after the modifications I've made. Far superior (for my anatomy and goals) than any other ball-trap devise I've owned and worn long-term.

It fits nicely, isn't terribly heavy, is easier to put on and take off than the CB6000. The hinged ring isn't ideal but with the work I did, it is proving to be very comfortable without any kind of covering over it. Pull out is about like the CB-6000 but can be improved with a revised KSD design which I'll do (they may even be considering doing one for this devise if sales take off). I like the look - especially after polishing and the fact that it's metal make a difference to me; knowing that this will not be coming off without a key or a Dremel. I would say it's slightly less concealable than the CB6000 but similar. Hygiene is better (by far) and so far, I would give it very high marks for wear-ability and security.

Sorry for the long post but it may be that some of you continue on your quest for the next perfect devise and have eyed the Bon4M as an option. I hope this review proves helpful. I'll check back in after another few weeks and let you know how things are evolving.
0 x
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4
Re: Review: Bon4M Chastity Devise

Post by TwistedMister »

"The ordered devise arrived from China about 3 weeks ago (14 days from order to delivery)."
Is this a genuine Bon4M or a Chinese copy?
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
Bound_spirit

Post by Bound_spirit »

I believe it was a genuine Bon4M ordered from Bon4.com (around $200.00). I wasn't aware there were already copies. My observation on China origin came from the packaging it arrived in and the airmail... Perhaps that was incorrect?
0 x
fineline

Post by fineline »

I found the same as you did - and mine is a genuine Bon4M. The review has rolled off the first page - but it's the Bon4 stainless review. Like you, I decided that the rings were too rough, and the inside of the cage too rough to simply start using, so I used a Fordham flex shaft tool with the polishing wheels inside and on the edges, and on the rings. Pictures are included showing the texture of the metal as part of the review BTW. I like it, but find that I'm in between the 45mm and the 48mm rings.

I'd really like to make the 48mm ring oval so that I won't pop out. I've experimented with squeezing the rings into an oval using the smallest ring, which I will never fit into. Even with a pin in place, and using a torch to heat the 3:00 and 9:00 positions to cherry red before bending, there was still some distortion/spreading of the holes which screwed up the alignment. The hinge stayed lined up and even, but I would have to grind down the corners at the top to get things there even again. I'm working on a jig with small pins that will hold the holes for the alignment pin and the locking pin in place while bending. I need some smaller screws though and have to figure out how to hold them in place on the jig. I'll update if I ever get it to work. There is discoloration of the metal, but that can be cleaned off with a wire wheel or scratch pad.
0 x
Bound_spirit

Post by Bound_spirit »

Hey Fineline. Apologies if this was basically a repeat of your review. Should have taken time to dig through older reviews.

Hadn't thought about moving the ring to oval - you've clearly got more metal working experience that I do and a man's got to know his limitation. I actually find the round works fine for me - perhaps a bit more comfortable in the morning than the oval. My problem was that the oval gives you slight tighter spacing between the ring and cage which I needed to insure I didn't "slip a tire" during lifting or heaving. Drilling out the pin holes and allowing the cage a range of movement solved that for me so right now, have to say that this is working well for my size/shape/goals.

If I gave Bon4 any advice on future mods/upgrades to make "my" perfect metal devise, it would be;
Slightly smaller or oval cage shaft - I think this is too generous.
Reduced flair and size on the head of cage. I think it's not needed and creates problems in wear and visibility
Redesign the lock/post (aftermarket opportunity for someone - looking at Ms. Lori's metal pins & locks for CB6000)
Charge a few bucks more and grind and polish every edge to a mirror smooth surface and "melted" edges inside and out. If you don't believe, me, just put it on and spend a week without release as delivered - you'll get the idea ;-)
Look at a metal anti pull-out devise like Kept for Her KSD G3 or better yet, partner with them and let them do one for this devise. I think it would work very well.

That all said, I don't want my review on the Bon4M to come off as negative. I am pleased so far and as i said in my first post, I'm a born tinkerer. Given what I've spent on other belts and devises, this product is an accomplishment!! Had made some minor modifications tonight on the post to allow my wife's standard master lock to fit - for some reason the lock they provide has razor sharp edges and when it comes into contact with any skin poking out, it will get your attention immediately - just ask the Audi salesman I was talking to when it happened to me today http://chastityforums.com/posting.php?m ... 37b198c168#

For now, this is going to replace the CB6000 for the next month or two with my key holder's lock now installed and keys handed back tonight. A new adventure - too fun. Best
0 x
fineline

Post by fineline »

No need to apologize. I rather enjoyed reading yours... It had more detail than mine.

I'm in the Jailhouse cage at the moment, but I rather like the heavy metal of the Bon4m. The Jailhouse wasn't all that comfortable a month ago. Maybe The B4m will fit better the longer I'm in chastity as well.
0 x
Tame Lion

Post by Tame Lion »

So this device is basically unwearable without a lot of hard work. I have one of the original silicone Bon 4's and I found it a horrible fit. For $100 more you can get a custom made Jailbird that needs no work.
0 x
Blog: http://www.malechastityjournal.com
#mcjnl @thecagedlion
My guide to fitting a chastity device:http://www.malechastityjournal.com/livi ... -good-fit/
Locked up 24/7 since January 2014.
fineline

Post by fineline »

Tame Lion wrote:So this device is basically unwearable without a lot of hard work. I have one of the original silicone Bon 4's and I found it a horrible fit. For $100 more you can get a custom made Jailbird that needs no work.
In my opinion, it's not. I didn't pay retail for mine, but bought it on eBay for $140 or so including shipping. It is genuine, in case you're wondering. I'm finding it very difficult to work on finishing the inside even with the tools I have. Yesterday's work wasn't effective, and may have made things worse. I want to have one more go at it before I give up. In the mean time I'm out of both the Jailhouse and the B4m until things heal.
0 x
Bound_spirit

Post by Bound_spirit »

Tamelion, despite how much I personally like the devise, I would probably have to agree that as shipped, it is unusable for long-term wear. With allot of work, I have been able to address the internal fit/finish enough where I now find it both suitable and in fact the best devise I have.

My issues have nothing to do with cost - try ordering a new Neosteel full belt which I also have. My challenge has to do with the Jailbird or other "custom" ball trap devises being incompatible with the anti-pull-out unit I have found that works for me. I've had the Steelheart and at least one other higher-end custom and basically I can pull myself out of the cage in the shower without any effort at all. At some point, I recognize it's a matter of trust regardless but I can't get into a good mindset if the devise simply isn't even close to secure.

The Bon4M (due to the design & dimensions being similar to CB6000) can effectively use the KSD which has become the critical make/break for me. YMMV. Matt
0 x
fineline

Post by fineline »

I've concluded that the standard length cage is too long for me, so I need to get a short one. The short ones are about 3/4" shorter, 2 1/5" inside length. I don't want to have to buy the whole kit, but don't know if I can order just the cage or not. I'm also toying with the idea of trying to cut mine down and weld it back together. I'm an awful welder, but it might be fun to try anyhow!
0 x