Looking for Gap Advice

For the gearheads in the audience
danj
Looking for Gap Advice

Post by danj »

I'm looking at ordering another device from Dietmar at Steelworxx. I already own a Steelheart and a cb-6000s. I still use both devices. I'm struggling with what to do about gap on a new device. My Steelheart has a 35mm diameter tube (with a standard gap of ~15mm at bottom) and the more open cage style device (a modified Looker 3) I'm looking at would be 30mm tube/cage diameter (standard gap is ~12mm). I really don't want the extra 5mm in tube diameter in the looker, especially as it is an open design and easier to keep clean without the extra space. I want the Looker to "wear" tighter, and think 30mm will fit well in that regard. I currently own both 43 and 42mm a-rings and wear the 42mm a-ring with my Steelheart. I could probably go a bit smaller, so would order both 41 and 40mm rings with the Looker 3. I don't have a PA, so no padlock would be worn with the Looker.

With my cb-6000s I wear the middle ring (~45mm), and 2nd to smallest spacer (~10mm)...just to stay metric.

My question is what to do with the gap on a Looker 3? I've had some issues with my left ball escaping, which I resolved on the cb by going down a spacer size to 10mm a long time ago. I've been okay 98% of the time on the Steelheart, I think only two escapes. My concern is going from a 35mm diameter device to a 30mm diameter with only 1-2mm smaller a-ring means more space for a ball escape.

Should I have Dietmar bring the gap down 1 or 2mm? I'm thinking maybe 10mm makes sense. I'm also thinking standard a-ring, no anatomical ring, as that would just increase the space. :?:
0 x
-Dan

and yes, that IS my beautiful hotwife wearing the key to my cb-6000s!

Currently Own: CB-6000s, Steelworxx Steelheart (2), modified Steelworxx Looker 3, and DH Gate A271 (2)
Currently Wearing: Steelheart
Atone
Re: Looking for Gap Advice

Post by Atone »

just to make it more difficult for you the "tube" on the looker is actually a ring and is thicker than the tube on the steelheart so that will affect the gap somewhat too.

I would tell Dietmar what size gap you want (sounds like 10mm) and let him figure out the spacing.

I agree completely on the standard a-ring especially since you already have a testicle that is prone to misbehave.
0 x
danj

Post by danj »

I hadn't realized that about the tube ring. That should actually help...decreasing the gap a bit. Always seems figuring the gap is the real unknown qty when ordering a device. Need to be some sort of geometry expert!
0 x
-Dan

Currently Own: CB-6000s, Steelworxx Steelheart (2), modified Steelworxx Looker 3, and DH Gate A271 (2)
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4

Post by TwistedMister »

In my experiments, a smaller A-ring decreased testicle escape. Unless yours are awfully small, I wouldn't think you'd have to reduce the gap much, if at all.
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
Atone

Post by Atone »

TwistedMister wrote:In my experiments, a smaller A-ring decreased testicle escape. Unless yours are awfully small, I wouldn't think you'd have to reduce the gap much, if at all.
Except he is also looking to reduce the tube diameter.
0 x
marq

Post by marq »

Looking at the Looker 01 that I recently obtained, I'm not sure there is much scope to reposition the lock in order to reduce the gap below 12mm.
0 x
danj

Post by danj »

I think I'm going to go with 10mm. I noticed that is also very close to the standard gap that Mature Metal uses. I know, different manufacturers, but If that gap works on a Jail Bird, should work on a Looker 3 with a standard a-ring.
0 x
-Dan

ptharv

Post by ptharv »

I recently ordered the Looker For PA. With the anatomical ring. I asked if he could do a 10mm lower gap, and he said yes.
0 x
Currently wearing Steelworxx Looker 3.