Mature Metal Gap Adjustment

For the gearheads in the audience
wishful4

Mature Metal Gap Adjustment

Post by wishful4 »

Just learned something new about my MM device. I recently sent it in to have the gap reduced to 1/4 inch on my largest base ring (1 7/8 in). When I got it back, I compared it to my smaller base ring and the hole in the locking post was still the same distance from the ring. Turns out that MM adjusts the gap by bending the locking post up or down changing its angle relative to the base ring and measures the gap at the bottom of the cage. I assumed, mistakenly, that they relocated the hole for the lock.

As far as wearing difference, I can tell absolutely no difference with the reduced gap. Before the change, the base ring had become too loose. After the gap change, it is still too loose. Guess I'll have to stay with the smaller 1 3/4 inch base ring. My point in mentioning this is that one could probably make this adjustment at home if you have a vice that you could secure the base ring in without scoring it .
0 x
Wishful4
Current Device: DhGate A271
locked4her55
Re: Mature Metal Gap Adjustment

Post by locked4her55 »

wishful4 wrote:My point in mentioning this is that one could probably make this adjustment at home if you have a vice that you could secure the base ring in without scoring it .
Yup, been there. Now when I need a bit of tweaking with the gap size I just place the base ring between two pieces of soft wood. Then I clamp it down in the bench vice. Using a hardwood 1 inch thick dowel I can bend the post up for a little more room. To close up the gap I just use a rubber mallet.

You have to be careful as just a little bend can make a big difference.
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Tom Allen »

But doesn't this change the angle at which the cage sits in relation to the ring?
0 x
KeyheldHubby

Post by KeyheldHubby »

But doesn't this change the angle at which the cage sits in relation to the ring?
My thinking, too. Seems to me that the space at the top would now be different than the space at the bottom. Looking at my MM JB, it looks like the pin is perpendicular to the base ring itself.
0 x
Various home builts for almost 2 years. Current: Jailbird since January 2013.
wishful4

Post by wishful4 »

KeyheldHubby wrote: Seems to me that the space at the top would now be different than the space at the bottom.
You would be correct. If you bend the locking post downward, the distance from the cage to the base ring will be less at the bottom than at the top. Bend it up, it will be more space at the bottom than top. I guess it works since it is the space between the bottom of the cage and the base ring that holds it in place. Seems like moving the hole for the lock closer to the base ring would be better, but would involve a lot more work.
0 x
Wishful4
Current Device: DhGate A271
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

Tom Allen wrote:But doesn't this change the angle at which the cage sits in relation to the ring?
It does but really we are talking about 1/4" vs 3/8", and in some cases the alteration might be even less if you bend it yourself.

When I put on my new WM earlier this year I ordered the same gap (3/8") size as I had with my JB. I remember putting it on early in the morning then driving my wife to work. I was experiencing some discomfort at the base of the cage where it comes in contact with my scrotum. On the way home I was in so much discomfort that I was afraid I was going to get pulled over for speeding. Once there I called my wife at work and told her I needed the key asap. I have never done this before so she knew something was up. I took my base ring down to my shop and as I described above did a slight alteration to increase the gap size. It's been great ever since and hasn't compromised the security of the device. Might not work for everyone but it did for me.
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273