Repairing a split CB6000 or Upgrade?

For the gearheads in the audience
oursexsecrets

Repairing a split CB6000 or Upgrade?

Post by oursexsecrets »

I have had a CB6000 for about 3 months or thereabouts, and I while I was cleaning it, I discovered that the two halves had virtually separated.

So I have two options, try and repair the CB6000, or purchase a new cage.

If I wanted to repair the CB6000, what would you guys/girls recommend using to stick the two halves back together?

OR

Should I just go with upgrading to a metal cage? This is the device I am actually thinking of buying for myself, plus it is actually well inside my price range - http://bit.ly/18sFTka
0 x
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Re: Repairing a split CB6000 or Upgrade?

Post by Tom Allen »

Superglue actually works very well for the CBxxxx devices. The last time I bought one new, I split it with a hobby knife and reglued it, knowing that it would be stronger than the original sonic weld bond.
0 x
WendyWicke

Post by WendyWicke »

Jake superglued his a few times. His, um, member, kept treating the plastic CBs like the Hulk treats his clothes (eat yer hearts out ladies...). The ones where the cage split down the seam were the easiest to repair, and seemed to last the best. The problem was when the little ear loops on the rings broke. Superglue never worked to hold those together. Luckily for us, that kept happening while he was steadily going down in base ring size, so we just switched to the next smaller ring in the CB set and carried on. Keep Calm and Go Down a Ring Size, if you will.

Those multiple ring sizes are the best feature of the CB line if you ask me. When we started, Jake was barely able to squeeze into the largest ring size, but a couple of years later he was down to the second smallest. When that finally broke, the smallest was just too small (we tried it, only time he's ever safeworded out of chastity), so we waited and saved up for a MM Queen's Keep. That still fits him great two-plus year later. Or is it three? I keep losing track of time... (keeps on slipping, slipping, into the future).

So far, the steel has defeated his Monster. No bust-outs, and the same size ring fits him great. I think he's stabilized.

So if the cage split, I'd say superglue it and keep going. Let the CB rings work while his package adjusts itself. Then when it seems like things are where they're going to stay, go metal.
0 x
oursexsecrets

Post by oursexsecrets »

I'm fairly comfortable with the ring that I wear, as well as the spacing between the ring and cage. I have super glued it together tonight, but will let the glue set for about 12-24hours before putting it back on again tomorrow.

I'll let you all know how it goes. I definitely don't want my cock glued to the cage with super glue.

I did order a metal cage with a ring size that matches the CB6000 ring, so I willw have two different cages to choose from depending on my KH and my wishes for the week or so.
0 x
DoubleDiaper123

Post by DoubleDiaper123 »

Use a product called Weld On #4 or #16. Also great for smothing out the seam. You will likely have to order it online unless you have a plastic distributor near you. Its a great acrylic adhesive. Just repaired and smoothed out my 6000 after a partial split and pinch episode. You will need a brush for smoothest results. After using this or any other glue a little sanding is a must. I recommend starting with a 300 grit and working your way up to at least 800 grit. (300, 420, 600 then 800) If you are real sloppy with the glue you might want to start with a 220. If you have a dremmel you can buff it back to clear very easily as well. If you plan to buff I recommended sand up too 1500 for the clearest finish. Be very careful with this glue It literally welds the plastic back together. So it starts to melt on contact.
0 x
aliceinbondageland

Post by aliceinbondageland »

Superglue will interact with the material of the device and cause it to appear stained or "frosted."

The acrylic glue discussed above is best.
0 x
http://www.aliceinbondageland.com is putting FUN back into FemDom with lifestyle Mistress Alice's flair!
B2Please

Post by B2Please »

Oh, and there is devcon "Plastic Welder 2" which works great on the CBX acrylic.

The best glue I have found requires an applicator gun (which is great to have to fix anything!) and a special plastic glue 3M makes. You need special 10:1 plunger & mixing tips too.
From McMaster.com
DP8005, DP8010, and DP8010NS also bond polyethylene, polypropylene, and PTFE.

This 3M stuff is really great.
Surface preperation (Clean & sand) is critical. Then clamp during curing.

I've found superglue to work pretty well, but not as well as the 3m stuff designed for plastic.
0 x
fineline

Post by fineline »

That falling apart thing is why I never wanted to buy a CB6000. Putting myself in a cage is one thing. Putting myself in something that might bite too doesn't interest me.

I think that I would use the Weldon. It dissolves the plastic a bit so that when you put the halves together the melted stuff mixes and they are fused together when it dries. I think its almost like one piece then.
0 x
Locked by LRC

Post by Locked by LRC »

The best results I've seen is what gfl got with his device. He actually cut the tube and shortened it. From his pictures you can hardly see where the two pieces came back together.

Check here describing the glue and process he used viewtopic.php?f=3&t=60624
And he has more pictures here http://imgur.com/a/IkdA2
0 x
Current device - MM Custom
Previous devices - CB2000, 3000, 6000, 6000s, Curve
bigdtx8

Post by bigdtx8 »

My cb6k, OEM, is starting to split along the bottom seam near the tip and radiating away from the urine hole.

I'm seeking advice on whether I should just glue the area of the split or completely break the cage apart, like Tom memtioned above, and then glue the entire cage back together ?

Any ideas what would be stronger and more longlasting ?
Brian
0 x
"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak, that we are all that stands between "The Monsters And The Weak" - Michael Marks