Anti-pull-out belt for CBxxxx

For the gearheads in the audience
selftied

Anti-pull-out belt for CBxxxx

Post by selftied »

When my wife leaves me home alone for a few hours, she likes to add a bit of security to my Curve. Something so that I couldn't pul out and put it back in without her noticing. The obvious solution has always been to add a belt, but that's not as simple a solution as it sounds. We wanted something that didn't require an extra lock, and didn't require removal of the device to add. Finally, after a lot of tinkering, here's a simple solution!

Pulling out requires space between the device and your body. You need something which exerts pressure on the device towards your body. Not up. Not down. Towards your body.

This can be a bit tricky to achieve simply, but I think we've done it. It's tough to even wiggle a finger between the device and my pubic bone. Ok, here's the explanation, with a picture in case the description doesn't make sense.

I own an American Eagle belt with two D-rings as the cinch. The belt is fabric and wide, so it's comfortable around my waist, even when tight enough so I can't slide it over my almost non-existent hip bones.

It also has eye holes close to the end on the loose-end of the belt, luckily for me. So, I can cinch the belt around my waist, loop the loose end through the D rings a couple of times to take in slack if needed, and then bring the loose end down and lock it through the eye hole with the lock on the device. That belt is not coming off!

Ok, the other piece of equipment is a fabric loop, about two feet long, and about an inch wide. (Too thin and it will dig in… my wife used the strap from a soft canvas shopping bag). Ok, loop one end around the belt in the back (do this before putting on the belt!), up through the crack, around the sac on either side, and loop it through the belt on the front (again, before closing the belt).

Then, take the two pieces around your sac and run them through the lock on the device as well. Voila! As long as the fabric is tight enough, you've got solid pressure on the device at the lock towards your body. It goes without saying that this fabric loop should be very tight. Mine was too long, so I had to tie some knots above the device but below the belt in it. These knots actually might help focus the pressure on the device, so maybe they're necessary.

I've been in this rig for a couple of hours, and it's pretty comfy! I'm sure I could get out if I tried, but not without either quite a bit of pain (trying to wriggle out the side with little to no clearance) or cutting the loop, which my wife would obviously notice.

Ok, let me know if this is a help to anyone, I was pretty excited when I figured out this simple solution!

0 x