MM JB Security Screw?

For the gearheads in the audience
HeldForHer

Re: MM JB Security Screw?

Post by HeldForHer »

I know it is compatible with using a lock if desired, but can anyone answer if the ID of the screw hole is sufficiently wider than a standard lock outside diameter that it would create similar play/movement?
Last edited by HeldForHer on Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Atone

Post by Atone »

It has been a while but my recollection is that the lock was still tight even when threaded for the security screw.
0 x
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

Atone is right.

I got the security screw but because of the loosening issue with the screw we have gone back to the padlock. The padlock can only be secured sideways but it is snug. No banging around against the stainless cage when you walk unfettered. I found this true with both my MM devices.
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
HeldForHer

Post by HeldForHer »

Just to clarify, the padlock only fits sideways even without the screw option as well?
0 x
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

HeldForHer wrote:Just to clarify, the padlock only fits sideways even without the screw option as well?
Yes.
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
tjscooby

Post by tjscooby »

I have the threaded hole and more often use a lock. It is "tight" and doesn't bounce, but as noted, will only sit sideways.
0 x
Locked since 4-19-11. Currently in a MM PT
imposedsensation

Post by imposedsensation »

locked4her55 wrote:
HeldForHer wrote:Just to clarify, the padlock only fits sideways even without the screw option as well?
Yes.
I really dislike this and prefer balance (must be my OCD) as well as the sound and feeling of a clanking lock as a constant reminder of my chastity.
0 x
Urcatcher

Post by Urcatcher »

I have the security screw. When I first wore the jailbird, it was for 17 straight days and the screw never loosened. I was briefly out and then locked in again (today is 6th day since being briefly out) and again, I have not experienced any loosening of the screw. It is slightly tricky to line up and screw it in, but I don't really anticipate being released often anyway :lol: I like that it is very compact.
0 x
Locked in a jailbird since end of April, 2013.
imposedsensation

Post by imposedsensation »

Urcatcher wrote:I have the security screw. When I first wore the jailbird, it was for 17 straight days and the screw never loosened. I was briefly out and then locked in again (today is 6th day since being briefly out) and again, I have not experienced any loosening of the screw. It is slightly tricky to line up and screw it in, but I don't really anticipate being released often anyway :lol: I like that it is very compact.
That's good to hear, although in my opinion Steelworxx devices have a low profile locking mechanism which is superior if you want low profile, albeit slightly larger.
0 x
go where i am told

Post by go where i am told »

Don't know if you've ordered yet or not, but I'm wearing a Queens Keep and when we ordered ours we paid extra (40.00 ?) to have both holes put in ours. One for the screw and one for the lock. I travel a lot and use the plastic seals and the MM devices seem to need to be tight to not move around between the two pieces.

It also seems that if we insert the screw from right to left (my point of view) it stays tight. If we put it in the other way, it tends to loosen. Maybe its just me........

Either way, you'll like the device.
0 x