Making the Lock Quiet

For the gearheads in the audience
onehornyman

Making the Lock Quiet

Post by onehornyman »

I finally received my CB6000 in the mail and have worn it for about 24 or so hours. One thing I have noticed is that when I walk I have feel and hear the lock clanking. What methods do people use to make the lock quieter on the CB6000?
0 x
Join me online at:
My Blog: One Horny Man
Twitter: @onehornyman
locked4her55
Re: Making the Lock Quiet

Post by locked4her55 »

Some here keep it simple and just wrap an elastic band around the lock.

I had some heat shrink tubing (like used in electrical work) and cut a piece to size, then used a heat gun to shrink it on the lock.

Before I did this my wife could track me in the middle of the night to and from the bathroom. :lol:
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
shychina

Post by shychina »

I dun know if you have this in your country, here they sell a sort of broad elastic band which is mean for preventing finger injury. It's elastic and fit nicely around the lock so easy to put on and take out when ever I need to wet the CB 6000. Initially before this idea, I use masking tape to tape around the lock but this way have to change it when ever it's wet. Another method i tot of but never try would be to cut off a small rubber balloon and slip over the lock. Look around the house for something elastic and can be slip in and out easily so that you won't wet it.
0 x
Atone

Post by Atone »

One of my jailbirds did this when I used the lock, it would also sometimes flip up which was even more annoying. I would just use a really small nylon wire tie around the lock and base ring. Worked great and would hold up to showers etc.. and not leave any residue.
0 x
onehornyman

Post by onehornyman »

After the next rubber band breaks, I'm going to try some heat shrink tubing. If that fails me, I'm not sure what to do next.
0 x
Join me online at:
My Blog: One Horny Man
Twitter: @onehornyman