Sizing Rings Arrived Today

For the gearheads in the audience
Atone
Re: Sizing Rings Arrived Today

Post by Atone »

hristo33 wrote:Not sure if the sizing rings are round or oval but it makes a difference in size selection. A 1 1/2" round <> 1 1/2" oval. The oval one will have a slightly larger internal diameter as Bill makes the ring height the specified size and the width will be slightly larger.
I don't believe this is correct. My understanding is he makes the rings the same either way but basically flattens the round to a slight oval. The circumference stays the same. I have multiple oval rings for multiple of his devices and they all seem to be this way. I have a chart of measurements that I made and they are all very close to those specifications. I did have one ring that I felt was a little under sized but he fixed that for me. I will look for the spreadsheet I made and post it if there is interest in seeing it.

-A
0 x
jnuts

Post by jnuts »

Atone is correct.
0 x
A vanilla couple finding their way in the male chastity lifestyle:
http://nuts4belle.wordpress.com
That same couple reviewing the hell out of sex toys:
http://nuts4toys.net
hristo33

Post by hristo33 »

Atone wrote:
hristo33 wrote:Not sure if the sizing rings are round or oval but it makes a difference in size selection. A 1 1/2" round <> 1 1/2" oval. The oval one will have a slightly larger internal diameter as Bill makes the ring height the specified size and the width will be slightly larger.
I don't believe this is correct. My understanding is he makes the rings the same either way but basically flattens the round to a slight oval. The circumference stays the same. I have multiple oval rings for multiple of his devices and they all seem to be this way. I have a chart of measurements that I made and they are all very close to those specifications. I did have one ring that I felt was a little under sized but he fixed that for me. I will look for the spreadsheet I made and post it if there is interest in seeing it.

-A
In my experience that was not the case. I ordered a specific ring size lets say 1.5 inches. I had assumed that the internal diameter would remain the same as a circle one. Meaning that he would take the a 1.5 inch circle and make an oval out of it. The ring I received measured 1.5 by 1.75 giving it a larger internal diameter than a 1.5 round circle. I found a website that will calculate the round circle equivalent diameter of an oval and mine was closer to 1.73.

I didn't order the sizing rings so I wasn't aware of the difference. Just trying to add my experience to help others minimize sizing mistakes.

That said I talked to Bill and he fixed everything up for me. He was extremely helpful. No complaints.
0 x
Atone

Post by Atone »

hristo33 wrote: In my experience that was not the case.
I think your experience with that ring was atypical. They are hand made so I expect that one either didn't get double checked, or was checked against the wrong information.

-A
0 x