Sizing Advice on a Steelworxx

For the gearheads in the audience
Davarian30

Sizing Advice on a Steelworxx

Post by Davarian30 »

Hello. I am looking to purchase a Steelworxx and after reading some of Thumper's posts, decided that I might need some input before ordering it.
My previous experience has been limited to a CB2000...and one try with a CB6000. It was a cost decision, at the time, and we are just now really wanting to upgrade. Trying to order a Steelworxx, while using a CB2000 as reference, is not an easy task.

Experience with the CBs:
CB6000 - couldn't get into the tube. I taper (I guess most do) from thicker at the base the thinner near the head. I got about halfway into it, lubed, and couldn't get any further. I even tried stuffing it in, using an implement. It was a no-go. Also, the ring was too tight.

CB2000 - I fit into the cage just fine. I measured the ring at the opening of the cage (B ring?) and mine measures 1 9/16" (1.5625"). I can get this on with little difficulty, if lubed. Just a couple of twists. I am in contact with the entire ring, however. It is not too tight or uncomfortable. Just that I fill the entire opening, when almost fully flaccid.
So my question for this is, do I actually go down, slightly, to the 38mm, for the Steelworxx. Or do I go up one size, 44mm. If the tube is the same size, down the entire length, I am not sure that I could even begin to get erect, with the 38mm. It would pretty much be full at all times.

Question 2 involves the A ring.
The ring I used/use on the CB2000 was/is the 1 3/4" ring. Because of discomfort, I took a dremel to it, to smooth out the ring. It currently measures between 1 3/4" and 1 7/8"...we'll say 1 13/16". This comes to 46mm.
The ring is snug, but I can pull it off, if I am lubed and only wearing the ring. I know that Thumper suggested going one size smaller, when going from a plastic CB to a Steelworxx, because of the materials interaction with the body. So, I can go to a 45mm. I have flirted with the 42mm, but I just don't think it feasible. I am definitely a grower, and thicker than normal, so even in the ring I currently have, a full erection is painful, intensely burny around the ring and everything starts getting veiny and dark. Is going to the 45mm enough? I do want it to be as secure as possible. Not because i am trying to escape, but because I do various active things and have had things pop out, as it were.

Sorry this is so long. Better too much info than not enough.

Any advice?

Thanks
0 x
Atone
Re: Sizing Advice on a Steelworxx

Post by Atone »

My experience has been similar to thumper in that I use a smaller steel ring than I did plastic. The Steelworxx is even a little smaller diameter than the jailbird and I could possibly go even a little smaller. I think this is due to the steelworxx ring being made of a larger diameter rod.

There is a big difference between 42mm and 45mm. It doesn't sound like much but in practice it is a big difference. If you ask Dietmar he can probably make one in 46mm if you want. He made a 44mm for me.

I'm not sure what advice to give you on the tube other than if it is too small you are really stuck and cannot use it at all. Again, I would ask Dietmar if you think a different size would be right for you. He made mine in a non standard diameter and length. I think he is more limited in the diameter of the tube but he might be able to do something.

-A
0 x
Davarian30

Post by Davarian30 »

Thank you, Atone.

I put the CB back on this morning, for better observation, and noticed that within a minute or two my scrotum had reddened/darkened and the veins were protruding. And I was flaccid. Too tight?
The cage was pushing my testicles to the side, likely contributing, so I removed the cage and left the ring. Reddening and protrusion diminished, but didn't fully go away.

Am I correct in thinking that the space between the A ring and the cage is what should provided security from testicular escape?

I have e-mailed Dietmar to get his opinion.

Thanks again...
0 x
Atone

Post by Atone »

I would say too tight, don't do that combination again.

When the base ring is on can you put a finger tip under the ring? I like to be able to just get the tip of my pinkie under the ring when I am flaccid.

Yes, the "gap" or space between the A ring and the cage is what provides security. Start larger and gradually work your way down.

-A
0 x