Re: MCN Contender - Taking a Survey before we buy

Post by peter_rabbit »

edwoodmx wrote:
peter_rabbit wrote:Length: average, less 1/4-1/2
Diameter: lightly touching
Ring: oval
Gap: 1/4"
Finish: polished

It does come down to personal preference. I ended up getting a shorter one later. I also got a smaller base ring with a top mounted post. I'm not sure if oval vs round makes that much difference. Satin wasn't available.
Hi peter rabbit.
Quick question?

As there is no particular way to measure for it, what made you decide to choose the 1/4'' gap?
Did you feel it gave better security / comfort / other.

I am personally usually relaxed down there and my balls usually hang low and we were leaning towards that gap as well , specially in combination to the post being mounted on the top.

Any additional feedback will be greatly appreciated.
regards
ed
I used to be able to slip one testicle between a wider gap. It allows me to wear a larger base ring which I find more comfortable. I found the distance between the base ring and cage mattered more than the base ring.

It was for comfort
0 x
edwoodmx

Post by edwoodmx »

slave d wrote: i would recommend you request the gap be a little bigger at the bottom than the top (really you dont "need" a gap at the top) to stop any rotation. MsM's tends to rotate and cause a bit of pinching but i've got used to it and adjust accordingly. i wasn't aware of the way to stop that happening before MsM purchased the Contender.

ld
Hi ld thanks again for your input.

Now that you mention it I do experience rotation on the HTv2s (which we currently use). It's not particularly uncomfortable as i don't find it pinches, however it's just that not as aesthetically pleasing as it would if it always lined up nice and straight and in the middle. I have to continuously keep twisting the HTv2s back into place. I find that this happens just due to how the HT's tube rests on top of my scrotum and due to the fact that one ball hangs a bit more loosely and further down than the other. So it just keeps rotating.

How did the rotating stop with the contender, do you think it was due to the 1/4'' gap? Or it has more to do with its different design vs the HT.

Cheers mate
ed
0 x
slave d

Post by slave d »

MsM's Contender does rotate, i've just got used to it and always sit it one way where it's not a problem for me (it's comfortable to the right, don't know why). Somebody here suggested at one stage that the secret to not rotating is the gap smaller at the top and larger at the bottom which makes sense. If MsM was having another one made (maybe one day when there's spare cash in the pot) that's a modification we would make.

ld
0 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
edwoodmx

Post by edwoodmx »

Thanks everyone for your valuable input.
Most definitely we will take it into account when placing our order.

Anyone else feel free to provide us with any additional input or just for statistics sake keep completing our survey.

I guess this same survey may also apply to Mature Metal Jailbird users or Steelworxx Looker users. So feel free to voice in.

Best
ed
0 x
attentive_husband

Post by attentive_husband »

I did all the measurements as suggested and placed an order. And I got a reply from Mark asking questions. Conversation went back and forth and he pushed back hard on the cage diameter saying I was going too large.

Long story short, I changed the measurements as he suggested and it was perfect. So talk with him and you'll end up with what you want.

ps - If I could change anything, I would have the cage 1/4" shorter. But that's not a noticeable issue except that when I look at it and I'm flaccid I don't fill it.
0 x
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

attentive_husband wrote:If I could change anything, I would have the cage 1/4" shorter.
If I had a nickel every time I've heard this over the years I would be able to buy myself . . . .a coffee. :lol:
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
edwoodmx

Post by edwoodmx »

locked4her55 wrote:
attentive_husband wrote:If I could change anything, I would have the cage 1/4" shorter.
If I had a nickel every time I've heard this over the years I would be able to buy myself . . . .a coffee. :lol:
Hey locked4her55

Given that what would be your answer to the survey? I know you hav a MM device but still applies.
What say you mate.

Cheers
ed
0 x
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

edwoodmx wrote:Hey locked4her55

Given that what would be your answer to the survey? I know you hav a MM device but still applies.
What say you mate.

Cheers
ed
Just me here. I have owned 3 MM devices and every time I ordered the next one I went down in length. I now sport the smallest in length Watchful Mistress William can make and it's by far the best of the three. The tip of my flaccid penis just rests about 90% of the time right up against the end bars.

You have the advantage here of being able to communicate directly with the person making your device. Reach out and give him the information you have compiled and tell him how you want to feel snug in the cage. I'm betting you will be happy with with what is made.
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
edwoodmx

Post by edwoodmx »

Quick update.
We have finally placed our order with Mark at MCN, he's been a real help throughout this process answering all our concerns on fit and sizing. Also thanks to everyone's input in this an other threads within the forum.

So if interested here are the specs to our MCN Contender device.

1) Finish: Polished
2.1) Base Ring Diameter: 1-3/4''
2.2) Base Ring Shape: Oval
2.3) Placement of the Post on the Base Ring: on the top of the ring
3) Ring to Cage Gap: 1/4''
4) Flaccid Length: 2 7/8''
Average flaccid length for me is a closer to 3.15'' throughout the day but Mistress wanted me to have a snug fit as a reminder of her owning me, plus there seems to be a consensus that one should subtract anywhere between 1/4'' up to 1/2'' from average flaccid length. So we we did go down 0.27'' hope it was the right call
5) Cage Ring Inner Diameter: 1 3/8''.
Bought the test rings and this size ring fits well and perhaps a tad wider than my flaccid penis leaving some space, though our thought was that given the smaller overall length we chose for the device this will allow for some space towards the sides when the penis is inserted.
6) Lock Style: Security Screw AND High Security Seals

Mark told us that he will ship to us on Tuesday. That's amazing turnaround time.

Can't wait to have it try it on and hand over the key.
Will post further impressions when i do.
Cheers
0 x
edwoodmx

Post by edwoodmx »

So here is the contender we ordered.
It's been working fine so far.
Thanks MCN
0 x