Newbie's HTv2 challenges

For the gearheads in the audience
wolf513

Newbie's HTv2 challenges

Post by wolf513 »

So, I've had my HTv2 (Standard, w/50mm ring) for a few weeks now, and have been wearing it off and on, trying to figure out the issues I'm having with the "fit". For the most part, it's very comfortable, with a few exceptions:
  1. I stick to the inside all the time. I've discovered this is good and bad. The good is that when I get aroused, there's no chafing in the tube, as I just expand a bit, and there's increased pressure. The bad is that I'm concerned about hygiene, as after 24 hours of wear, it's clear that my sweat has nowhere to go. I have a wash bottle that I've been learning how to use, and I can get things pretty clean, but it's a lot of work. Even soft, it's tough to get the nozzle into all the places (especially the underside of the shaft) without pinching something. Also, once things get slippery, my "fit" in the tube is compromised, as I pull back a bit. When I first don the device, I use the stocking method to ensure everything is pulled into the tube. After a wash, part of the skin pulls back behind the tube, and then gets pinched from time to time.
  2. During erections, the top of the tube digs into the top of my shaft. Actually, sometimes it digs even when not aroused. This has created a small bruise from time to time on the top of my shaft.
  3. I can't urinate with an erection. At all. I need to let it subside at least a bit, before I can get anything out.
  4. The BIG problem, though, is what is happening on the underside of the shaft. I tried wearing the device for 24 hours a couple of days ago, and the next morning I developed a bruise on the underside of the shaft, where it meets the edge of the tube. I had a nocturnal erection that was so painful that everything feels like its burning (why does the strongest erection happen when you're sleeping and can't properly use it?). I think what is happening is that the tube is too small, and the edge of it is digging into the erection. When I have this happen, I usually have a good 2-3 inches of erection behind the a-ring. It just pulls everything forward. (There's no pain in the testes, as I have a very stretchy sac). I think maybe the tube is just digging into the skin at this time, and there's really nothing I can do about it. I've come to the conclusion that the ID of the tube is just too small for me at "full mast".
I'm looking at getting a MM or maybe a MCN device. Before I plunk down the cash, though, I want to make sure I have the right fit. I've determined that 50mm HTv2 ring seems to be a good fit, so a 2" ring should be right. Also, I ordered the sizing rings from MM, and they confirm that. According to the rings, 1 3/8" is my normal "at rest" diameter. I have confirmed that the HTv2 is actually smaller than that at the opening of the tube, despite the measurements they advertise. Length-wise, measured from the underside, I have measured my "cold" smallest at around 2 1/4", but my normal "at-rest" seems to be closer to 2 1/2".

Before I invest in a well-made device, I've ordered 2 of the cheap Chinese ones, to play around with sizing. One is the A080 (the Looker knockoff), and one is the S403 (not sure what this one is a knockoff of). I hope that these will help me figure out some of the measurement issues I have, so that I can order a quality device in the new year.

I think that's all the pertinent data. :) I'm hoping that the experts around here can advise on the main points about the bruising, and the hygiene. I think that the metal devices I'm looking at will be easier to keep clean, so maybe the hygiene issue isn't as big a concern? (Though I'd still like some advice there, as there are times when the HTv2 is going to be more discrete than any metal device.)

Thanks in advance! :)
0 x
Shepherdsflock

Re: Newbie's HTv2 challenges

Post by Shepherdsflock »

#2 has been a problem for me and I have been thinking about using a Dremel tool to remove the little lip that sticks down and digs into me. It actually cuts me a little sometimes. I think removing that ridge would stop it from happening. I'm hoping that the manufacturer will redesign the Holy Trainer to not have that ridge.
0 x
wolf513

Post by wolf513 »

Shepherdsflock wrote:#2 has been a problem for me and I have been thinking about using a Dremel tool to remove the little lip that sticks down and digs into me. It actually cuts me a little sometimes. I think removing that ridge would stop it from happening. I'm hoping that the manufacturer will redesign the Holy Trainer to not have that ridge.
I suspect that the ridge has one of two purposes: 1. Structural integrity of the tube, 2. An anti-pullout mechanism.

If it's #1, then the dremel may compromise the tube. If it's #2, I'll be right behind you. :)
0 x
cdpacific

Post by cdpacific »

Sorry really nothing to add. I am wearing the holy trainer 2 short tube with the 40mm ring, fits me perfect for a few weeks at a time. Other than a few problems.
0 x
sunnyweasel

Post by sunnyweasel »

Cleaning I use liquid soap in the shower - using a foam sponge swab - One can reach inside the tube
0 x
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4

Post by TwistedMister »

wolf513 wrote: [*]I stick to the inside all the time. I've discovered this is good and bad. The good is that when I get aroused, there's no chafing in the tube, as I just expand a bit, and there's increased pressure. The bad is that I'm concerned about hygiene, as after 24 hours of wear, it's clear that my sweat has nowhere to go.
Sometimes get the same issue with CB3k. Answer: Silicone lube. Hygiene- Daily shower, liquid soap (pre-diluted if too thick), hand-held shower head.
[*]I can't urinate with an erection. At all. I need to let it subside at least a bit, before I can get anything out.
Ya, can be difficult sometimes. Probably so for any device- If the expanding erectile tissue can't go outward (blocked by the cage or ring) then pressure goes inward and compresses the urethra. I can usually still go, but weakly, then erection subsides more easily.
[*]The BIG problem, though, is what is happening on the underside of the shaft. I tried wearing the device for 24 hours a couple of days ago, and the next morning I developed a bruise on the underside of the shaft, where it meets the edge of the tube. I had a nocturnal erection that was so painful that everything feels like its burning (why does the strongest erection happen when you're sleeping and can't properly use it?). I think what is happening is that the tube is too small, and the edge of it is digging into the erection. When I have this happen, I usually have a good 2-3 inches of erection behind the a-ring. It just pulls everything forward. (There's no pain in the testes, as I have a very stretchy sac). I think maybe the tube is just digging into the skin at this time, and there's really nothing I can do about it. I've come to the conclusion that the ID of the tube is just too small for me at "full mast".
Same thing happens to me with the CB3k, you get accustomed to it after a while. Anything not restrained by the cage/ring is going to expand, that includes the area behind the ring and the area between the ring and the cage. Logically, I do not see that the issue could be any different, even with a different device-- the same factors are still present, although I suspect that the discomfort at the entrance to the cage may be mitigated using a steel cage, if the design uses a ring with a more rounded profile. I don't know about the HT, but the CB3k molding has a squarish profile that gives it an acute gradient that causes discomfort during strong nocturnal erections or extreme arousal during teasing.

Generally, aside from some temporary discomfort I don't see it as a 'problem'. Rather, (being somewhat masochistic) I see it as an erotic part of the 'suffering' endured for one's KH.
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
wolf513

Post by wolf513 »

TwistedMister wrote:
wolf513 wrote: [*]I stick to the inside all the time. I've discovered this is good and bad. The good is that when I get aroused, there's no chafing in the tube, as I just expand a bit, and there's increased pressure. The bad is that I'm concerned about hygiene, as after 24 hours of wear, it's clear that my sweat has nowhere to go.
Sometimes get the same issue with CB3k. Answer: Silicone lube. Hygiene- Daily shower, liquid soap (pre-diluted if too thick), hand-held shower head.
Yeah, but it's not "sometimes" with me. :) I'm always filling the cage. The only thing that isn't constantly pressed up against the cage at all times is the glans. I try to pull as much "meat" into the tube as possible, (i.e, up to the base of the shaft) as I've found that not being fully inside the cage causes pinching further up the shaft, resulting in bruising of my lymph vessicles.
TwistedMister wrote: Same thing happens to me with the CB3k, you get accustomed to it after a while. Anything not restrained by the cage/ring is going to expand, that includes the area behind the ring and the area between the ring and the cage. Logically, I do not see that the issue could be any different, even with a different device-- the same factors are still present, although I suspect that the discomfort at the entrance to the cage may be mitigated using a steel cage, if the design uses a ring with a more rounded profile. I don't know about the HT, but the CB3k molding has a squarish profile that gives it an acute gradient that causes discomfort during strong nocturnal erections or extreme arousal during teasing.
The HTv2 has a pretty round profile. No hard edges at all, really. That said, it still digs into the flesh, when aroused.
TwistedMister wrote: Generally, aside from some temporary discomfort I don't see it as a 'problem'. Rather, (being somewhat masochistic) I see it as an erotic part of the 'suffering' endured for one's KH.
If it weren't for the bruising and then pain and discomfort for subsequent days, I'd agree. Will the skin get tougher over time? I don't think I'd ever get used to the burning sensation of a raging nighttime erection. It's just too intense. I am not a masochist. Pain isn't really my thing. :)
0 x
hersalone

Post by hersalone »

I don't yet have a lot of experience with the HTv2, but I've been quite pleased with the Guardian from Kept For Her. It keeps the skin pulled up inside the tube, so there's no need for the skin to slide back in because it doesn't slide out. The shaft just moves freely (with obvious limits) inside the skin, so no problem getting it positioned for urination.

Also, combined with sleeping in tighty-whiteys to prevent the device from trying to tilt upwards, I've found that incipient nocturnal erections aren't a real problem because the shaft is fully inside the tube before expansion exceeds the diameter. The erections wake me up for sure, but it's just pressure, not pain. And they're just getting started, so relatively easy to calm down from.

[FYI this is with the short tube, and I'm circumcised.]
0 x
grubber

Post by grubber »

wolf513 wrote: I suspect that the ridge has one of two purposes: 1. Structural integrity of the tube, 2. An anti-pullout mechanism.

If it's #1, then the dremel may compromise the tube. If it's #2, I'll be right behind you. :)
First off, the hardest part with chastity is finding a device that works for you. Glad you are being methodical in your quest.

The ridge isn't structural. I call it an inherent design flaw. I fixed mine with a round file and super fine sandpaper. I sold it to someone here on the forum once fixed and they were very happy with it.

I bought the v2 for a backup if needed for any reason even though I wear a stainless device, Being new, I just had to try it out. After the very first night I wore it, I woke in the morning as usual with a nocturnal erection and the ridge was digging in badly. It actually broke the skin. I was sore for days and out of any cage for a week until things healed.

After I modified it, I tried it out again. Woke up in the morning and no more digging but now sore underneath like your #4 problem so I sold it and got a stainless backup.

I wear a 50mm base ring like you and can't go any smaller without pain even on my stainless device. Never could with any device.

Seeing that you also wear a 50mm ring tells me that you, like me, are on the girthier side. Hence, the cage diameter of the v2 is too restrictive for our erections so it's time to move on.

Good luck in your search for a new device.
0 x
wolf513

Post by wolf513 »

grubber wrote: The ridge isn't structural. I call it an inherent design flaw. I fixed mine with a round file and super fine sandpaper. I sold it to someone here on the forum once fixed and they were very happy with it.
Good to know! I think I'll have a go at it later this week. There are some other minor manufacturing issues I'd like to correct with mine as well, such as sanding down the seam. I have some 600 paper, and was going to pick up some 1000 or higher and then buff it with my dremil or something.
grubber wrote: I bought the v2 for a backup if needed for any reason even though I wear a stainless device, Being new, I just had to try it out.
<SNIP>
After I modified it, I tried it out again. Woke up in the morning and no more digging but now sore underneath like your #4 problem so I sold it and got a stainless backup.
I was thinking this same thing. I can wear it during the day without major issues for the most part, but that's only when I can contain the beast through distraction. Nighttime is unbearable.
grubber wrote: I wear a 50mm base ring like you and can't go any smaller without pain even on my stainless device. Never could with any device.

Seeing that you also wear a 50mm ring tells me that you, like me, are on the girthier side. Hence, the cage diameter of the v2 is too restrictive for our erections so it's time to move on.

Good luck in your search for a new device.
That's exactly the kind of experience I was hoping to find here on these forums. Thanks! I may still keep the HTv2 as a backup, because there are times I just can't go around with a big hunk of metal in my pants. Maybe the MCN contender is the right alternative, as I've read that it's more discrete than the MM devices. I really like the MM Watchful Mistress, though, so I dunno. I'll have to see how the trials go with the Chinese devices, and then decide from there.
0 x