Religious (non-kink) related reasons for wearing a chastity device or holding the key for someone.

Living the real life under lock and key
NewYorkerLocked
Last orgasm: March 31st, 2023
Orgasms this year: 3
Religious (non-kink) related reasons for wearing a chastity device or holding the key for someone.

Post by NewYorkerLocked »

As far as I know, male chastity devices became popular, and therefore available, affordable, and accessible because of sex-related explorations, kinky fantasies, BDSM practices, or fetishes of an increasing number of consumers. However, I believe that these may not be the only reasons for someone to wear a chastity cage or belt on his body.

I wonder if there is anyone in this forum (or in any other social media network) who wears a chastity device or holds the key for someone who does, their motivation being non-sexual, non-kink, non-fantasy, non-BDSM, non-fetish related.

Specifically, I am thinking of people wearing a chastity device just as a simple mechanical aid in their efforts to avoid engaging in behaviors considered sinful by observant religious individuals.

I am respectfully curious about this and willing to converse with them, either in the forum or privately. Thanks.
2 x
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Re: Religious (non-kink) related reasons for wearing a chastity device or holding the key for someone.

Post by Tom Allen »

I have an opinion on this.

90% of cages are not secure enough to be a masturbation deterrent *without the willing assistance of the locked man.* While my metal cage prevents pullout right now, if I hopped into a hot shower and soaped things up, I could indeed pull out, have a wank, put it back, and rinse off.

A person wearing a cage to prevent temptation would soon find himself focusing on the cage, and would then start messing with it.

A full belt might be a deterrent, as would a piercing, but such measures are not for novice users.
2 x
BlackoutDevices
Re: Religious (non-kink) related reasons for wearing a chastity device or holding the key for someone.

Post by BlackoutDevices »

I've actually wondered the same thing though for... separate, marketing reasons :lol:

I slightly disagree with you Tom in that, while yes the cages aren't really physical deterrents, its not any different from a wedding ring being a physical infidelity deterrent.
As such, I could see religious individuals using a chastity cage as an "extension" of a wedding ring - an additional reinforcement of the commitment to each other and remaining "pure" to the other person. And it is at least more of a physical barrier than a wedding ring.

The tricky part is bringing it up to that community in a way that is compatible with their beliefs and doesn't scare them off.
2 x
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Tom Allen »

I slightly disagree with you Tom in that, while yes the cages aren't really physical deterrents, its not any different from a wedding ring being a physical infidelity deterrent.
I totally with you on that point. That's why I said that the locked man must have at least some degree of willingness, along with some desire to resist temptation.

I have a longish essay on that at my old blog:

Consent and Sensibility
1 x
Curtis
Last orgasm: July 23rd, 2023
Orgasms this year: 14

Post by Curtis »

Specifically, I am thinking of people wearing a chastity device just as a simple mechanical aid in their efforts to avoid engaging in behaviors considered sinful by observant religious individuals.
Hi, NewYorkerLocked.

This is exactly the reason that I first got into chastity. I wanted to spend all my sexual energy on my wife and became convicted that pleasuring myself was effectively cheating on her. I agree with Tom Allen that simple chastity devices are not foolproof (I was disappointed to discover that), but to BlackoutDevices' point, a cage does provide a reminder of the commitment of marriage. In some ways the cage is effective - after all, you don't have to remove a wedding band to masturbate!

I'd be happy to discuss this further, please feel free to message me.

Curtis.
0 x
Curiousrk
Last orgasm: May 13th, 2023

Post by Curiousrk »

I find the cage is superior as both a physical barrier and a mental barrier to remaining chaste to my wife as compared to the wedding band alone. The wedding band didn’t even prevent me from carrying out whatever inappropriate sexual fantasy I wanted to think, while staring at the band on my finger.

When locked in a chastity cage I’m also less likely to engage online in consuming content that sexually gets my motor running because it’s not comfortable at all to be in a cage and highly aroused. Nights are bad enough when the erections are involuntary. Another barrier is better than the “no barrier” I’ve had in the past. I probably need more barriers added but this seems to be helping for now. JM2C
2 x
Mature Metal Jail Bird