Metal Detectors

Living the real life under lock and key

Metal Detectors

Postby Micha615 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:03 pm

I have noticed how many metal detectors I have been going through lately. At sporting events and even through security entrances at places I work. What devices set these metal detectors off?
Micha615

Re: Metal Detectors

Postby slave d » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:25 pm

Ahhhhh metal ones !!!

MsM’s ld
New Zealand
24/7/365 Contender
slave d

Postby _lj_ » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:33 am

to expand on slave_d's succinct reply, any piece of metal above a certain size, which will depend upon the sensitivity of the metal detector.

Bear in mind a lot of security "gates" , for example in shops, are not metal detectors, but scan for security tags on the items
MM Jailbird
_lj_

Postby sirmebane » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:15 pm

Went to a military event outdoors that was open to the general public. I was smart enough to know that they would have metal detectors to leading up to the parade ground where it was all supposed to happen.

While the security folks (in uniform) carefully guided everyone through the arch, 100% of the people set it off because they were holding their phone or keys or both over their head. Beep. "Thank you." Beep. "Keep coming through." Beep.

They just went through the motions hoping that anyone who was there to cause trouble would be scared off. The guys past the gate who were wandering around with M-4's on tactical harnesses were plenty of deterrent.

Wearing a metal cage there would NOT have been an issue but you don't know until you know.
If my comments don't annoy you, follow my exploits here. I started all of this April 2016.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=62123
sirmebane

Postby Shoeslave88 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:31 pm

High quality metal detectors have lights on the sides that faced the guards and when you pass through there are lights every couple of inches on the side that indicate where on your body at what horizontal line then metal is at. If they hold their phones and keys above their head the light higher than their head will light up but if you had metal in your pocket a light at the same level as your pocket would light up indicating that you had metal elsewhere besides in your hands that were above your head
I'm better when I'm locked up... That's why it's welded on
Shoeslave88

Return to General Chastity Chat