Shipping a chastity device internationally

Living the real life under lock and key
kkw

Shipping a chastity device internationally

Post by kkw »

I have a device from malechastitynow.com that I want modified to use the rigidchastity.com locking system. I have discussed this with them and I'm ready to mail my device to Poland from the US.

I'm a little nervous as I've never mailed anything internationally, let alone a chastity cage. I believe that I will have to declare the contents on a customs form. I was initially going to list it as "jewelry", but the following link says that shipping jewelry to Poland is prohibited.

http://pe.usps.com/text/imm/ps_008.htm

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to declare it or any other tips to minimize my chance of issues?
0 x
NoloMeTangere

Re: Shipping a chastity device internationally

Post by NoloMeTangere »

A training device? A personal container? An chastity device (the truth shall set you........free?)
0 x
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Tom Allen »

Stainless steel artwork? Automotive decoration?
0 x
sirmebane
Last orgasm: December 19th, 2021
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by sirmebane »

Wouldn't MCN have advice on what to put on the forms? Why not ask them how to avoid the customs people getting interested in you?
0 x
If my comments don't annoy you, follow my exploits here. I started all of this April 2016.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=62123
slave d

Post by slave d »

Why would customs be even vaguely interested ? amused maybe but that's about all. There must be tens of thousands of "sex toys" etc circulating around the world at any time and I'm sure they get pretty immune to it all. Call it a toy or an artwork or whatever you wish, I'll bet dollars to donuts customs simply don't care !!

MsM's ld
0 x
New Zealand
After a year post covid of “freedom” I am trialing a good old HT V3 nub modified by me to have a glans ring so no pullout. Working well so far.
anominus

Post by anominus »

Another thing you should take into account - anything received internationally that's worth more then $X (where X used to be $1000, not sure how much it is now), may require your SSN to release from the post office, and the documentation (bill+SSN) may be forwarded to the IRS.

In 3 separate occasions, senders said DHL/Fedex refused to send me a >$1000 package without giving my SSN, because they have had previous issues with customers not receiving packages (after refusing to provide SSN at reception, rather than sending) and doing a credit card chargeback.
0 x
_lj_

Post by _lj_ »

A few years ago I ordered a pair of handcuffs (I'm into BDSM) from what I understood was a UK supplier (I'm in the UK) only to have the post delivery lady arrive at my door, requesting a signature for the package covered with Thai stamps, and a customs label clearly stating the contents "HANDCUFFS"

bear that in mind - although in a plain package, the returned device will have to come through customs and a delivery company, both of whom may insist on a signature, in person, and perhaps someone other than you may be the one to do so..
0 x
MM Jailbird
kkw

Post by kkw »

Thanks for the tips everyone. I ended up calling it a "machine part". I shipped it 2 days ago, so hopefully it's on its way. Maybe when I get it back I'll update this thread for future reference of anyone else that is looking for custom work.
sirmebane wrote:Wouldn't MCN have advice on what to put on the forms? Why not ask them how to avoid the customs people getting interested in you?
MCN wasn't interested in doing the work.

I want the keyed locking system because the security screw comes loose after about 12 hours. I tried numerous types of washers, cleaning the screw and threads with alcohol to remove oils, super glue on the threads, filing a flat on the cage portion for the screw to sit against, nothing keeps the screw tight. The real problem is the sloppy fit between the post on the ring and the receiving tube on the cage. The post is considerably smaller which allows the cage portion to pivot up and down and loosen the screw.

MCN's advice was to tighten the screw more :roll:. No shit, buddy. I tightened the screw so tight that it actually crushed the end of the allen wrench into the hole in the end.
0 x