Mutt_VB

Re: Dying breed or Dying Forum?

Post by Mutt_VB »

I hope it gets worked out soon.
0 x
2ndplace

Post by 2ndplace »

I had a similar issue with a site that I was involved with.

Once sorted it will take a little bit of work to demonstrate to Google that the site is now safe. There are a few things to do which will require access to insert a small piece of code for the google robots to find. There are other methods if I recall correctly but it may be worth investigating so that the appropriate action can be done whilst you're 'fiddling' with things ;)

It all goes to demonstrate how important it is to keep up to date with software improvements to phpBB

For a group of people so adept at locking down I'm surprised. lol
0 x
MrCage

Post by MrCage »

Well, I have been going to the DuckDuckGo site to login and I haven't had the redirects. However, I am Leary of synching my pad to the desktop for an update as I think the virus in the pad may infect the desktop. Is this a true risk? I hope that thumper will lead the way to fix the issue and then our numbers and membership will grow. I think this site is the best for the more "mainstream " chastity folks.

On that note, hey Thumper, what's the deal?
0 x
It's good to be caged.
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Tom Allen »

MrCage wrote: On that note, hey Thumper, what's the deal?
Thumper has been taking a break from the forums - he prefers to stick with blogging only, and has been focusing any free time on his relationships.

On another note, you have no concern with switching between the iPad and PC. There is no actual virus - it's the search function script that forces your browser to look at a different site - this is called a "redirect." Duckduckgo.com is a search engine with a lot of privacy features that prevents this from happening, but I'm not quite geeky enough to understand how.
0 x
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4

Post by TwistedMister »

Tom Allen wrote:...it's the search function script that forces your browser to look at a different site - this is called a "redirect." Duckduckgo.com is a search engine with a lot of privacy features that prevents this from happening, but I'm not quite geeky enough to understand how.
When a browser connects with a website, there are a number of bits of information that are passed, which are not seen by the user. One of these bits of information is the 'http.referer' field, the HTTP referer (originally a misspelling of referrer) is an HTTP header field that identifies the address of the webpage (i.e. the URI or IRI) that linked to the resource being requested. By checking the referrer, the new webpage can see where the request originated.

The re-direct script checks this field and only performs the redirection if the field info matches its specifications (in this case, it being a Google search and a particular browser/version). You can cause your browser to fudge/forge this field if you know how, but this may result in *some* legit websites denying access because the info does not match expected parameters.
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted