Skin irritation, size, hygiene and stealth - long term

Living the real life under lock and key
Look02

Skin irritation, size, hygiene and stealth - long term

Post by Look02 »

I have been back in the Looker 02 for the last 10 days, but had to take it off today, because I got some skin irritation / red area where the underside of the cage and the skin get into contact (probably one of the small bars is rubbing against the skin). (Is there anything I could do to prevent that reddening?)

The other problem is stealth. The Looker I wear is not very long, but as my balls are pushed forward by the A-ring, the cage sometimes forms a bulge and someone might notice that at work.

Recently my princess got more interested in things and I'll probably be staying within the cage much longer than before . so both problems need to be adressed.

I'm thinking about getting a very short cage (essentially just the cap of the Looker 02 mounted directly on the B-ring of the cage - cage length about 25mm) and maybe one size smaller than before (35mm instead of 38mm diameter as right now there's quite a lot space within the cage when the p*nis is flaccid). Without any of those small bars this might even be a good idea to prevent the skin irritation.

But with such a closed and tight design I'm not sure how I would be able to keep things clean. I do not want to take it off each day (with the urethal insert I'd prefer to do that just once a week).Choosing an open design (like the Looker 01) would probably make things easier, but I could also be able to touch the "nice" areas at the tip of the p*nis - and the bars may irritate my skin again.

Any ideas?
0 x
Happily locked by my wife in a Looker 02 with just 48mm total length => it still went in like "nothing" :)
Namron

Re: Skin irritation, size, hygiene and stealth - long term

Post by Namron »

Since your cage is not narrow enough, it allows the cage and your penis to rub against each other and, guess what?, the steel wins, resulting in skin irritation. Instead of trying a shorter cage (or a longer one), spend the time to get your measurements over a period of time and get a cage perfect for you. With extended wear time your penis will get used to it and the irritation should stop.

I like the open design because of hygiene, so you might want to go that route, but ask for extra bars in areas that give you too much access. Of course, limited access is a two-edged sword, since it limits her access too! :)
0 x
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4

Post by TwistedMister »

The other problem is stealth. The Looker I wear is not very long, but as my balls are pushed forward by the A-ring, the cage sometimes forms a bulge and someone might notice that at work.
You may *feel* like is is impossible for anyone to *not* see it, and know, but the fact is that it is unlikely that anyone is going to notice, or care...unless you somehow wind up completely nekkid or somebody grabs and squeezes (and if that is happening at work you may have a more serious issue to deal with).

I've felt the same way wearing the CB-3000, which I think is much bigger, but no one has ever noticed anything...or, if they did, they kept it to themselves.

Personally, I think the 'feeling' of thinking that someone might see and *somehow* 'know' and being embarrassed by it has a component of erotic humiliation that can be a turn-on.
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
Aarkey

Post by Aarkey »

@Look02 - I wear a MM Jailbird, and there are two spots which I sometimes get skin irritation on. If I sit too long I get irritated where the top of the base ring touches my stomach (I typically put a very small piece of rubber insulation between my skin and the belt so it doesn't happen.) The other spot is right where I think you're having trouble - at the base of the cage itself along my shaft. I try to make sure to pull my skin slack down where my testicles are at night and put lotion there (I use medicated gold bond cream - which has menthol so there's a tingle...) and it has stayed healthy for years since I learned to do those two things.

As to the bulge, go shopping for slacks/jeans/shorts while in your belt and make sure you have some room in the front and no one who isn't desperately trying to look at your "package" will ever notice. I have a "long rise" so its an added challenge and I have only ever noticed someone once in 15 years of wearing a chastity belt off and on... and that was a gay fellow who definitely was looking at my package. And the only thing that happened was that he was overly impressed. ;)
0 x
"Some people need to be caged before they can be free." - Anon
Look02

Post by Look02 »

@Namron: I'm wearing the Looker 02 with the urethal insert, so the penis can't move relative to the cage on the inside. No problem there. Going extremely short may ask for an open cage to make hygiene possible - adding more bars to keep me from rubbing on the most sensitive parts could be a good idea. Using a bar based cage instead of the cap based one of the Looker 02 might also make it possible to form a custom cage as required. I also like the construction of the cheap dhgate-cage here http://www.dhgate.com/product/2016-new- ... 31726.html - the ring and the cap seem to be so smooth - no edges whatsoever. But hygiene would be difficult without unlocking frequently and the center opening is too large for the urethal insert I'm using right now.

@Aarkey: You're right, where the base of the cage is in contact with the shaft is exactly where I got this irritation. After washing I use a hair-dryer to make sure there's no moisture left. I've been using various lubes or creams. But over time I always had those problems. The medicated gold bond cream is not available here in europe and I'm concerned about using a cream containing a local anesthetic (pramoxine hydrochloride) regulary.
According to https://www.drugs.com/monograph/pramoxi ... oride.html one should not apply to open wounds, or damaged or blistered skin and not use for prolonged periods.

Maybe somone could recommend a good cream for that easily irritated area available in europe?

Regarding stealth it's not exactly just the bulge that makes me think, but the "peak" at the end of it. The urethal insert is fixed with a small nut on the head of the cage and its opening is sealed with a tiny screw. Doesn't seem to be much of a problem, but quite often those are forming an odd peak into the otherwise smooth surface of my jeans. When I'm standing in front of a seated audience (as I sometimes need to in my job) this might just be a little bit too distracting. A shorter cage might help as it wouldn't be protuding as much.
0 x
Happily locked by my wife in a Looker 02 with just 48mm total length => it still went in like "nothing" :)
Aarkey

Post by Aarkey »

Look02 wrote:The medicated gold bond cream is not available here in europe and I'm concerned about using a cream containing a local anesthetic (pramoxine hydrochloride) regulary.
According to https://www.drugs.com/monograph/pramoxi ... oride.html one should not apply to open wounds, or damaged or blistered skin and not use for prolonged periods.
Just to clarify, the Gold-Bond I use does NOT have any anesthetic in it. I definitely do NOT recommend using anything that will numb the area. Especially if there's any soreness already. I don't know if they have anything like neosporin there in the EU, but that's what I use if any of my skin is starting to get raw. And if my skin is raw, I take a break to let it fully heal.

FYI - I have never had that issue since I got my custom made mature metal belt. The skin rawness that used to occur was with the CB# line. I have had irritation after prolonged wear and teasing with the MM cage, but my keyholders have always been merciful enough to give me a night or an evening out of the belt to allow the skin to breathe and heal a bit before continuing.
0 x
"Some people need to be caged before they can be free." - Anon