Is there a long term effect of pubic hair shaving ?

Living the real life under lock and key
bigdtx8

Is there a long term effect of pubic hair shaving ?

Post by bigdtx8 »

Please forgive me if this has been discussed but ...

I always heard that the more a man shaved the thicker and more prickly his facial hair would be. I'm unsure if that's true or just urban myth but I was wondering how long term shaving of my scrotum might affect my pubic hair ? will it become scratchy stubble like facial hair ? Will it be necessary to shave it more often ?

I'd appreciate any info the member's could share based on their experiences.
Brian
0 x
"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak, that we are all that stands between "The Monsters And The Weak" - Michael Marks
Shepherdsflock

Re: Is there a long term effect of pubic hair shaving ?

Post by Shepherdsflock »

I don't know about long term, but I have problems with ingrown hairs if I shave down there. It feels and looks great when freshly shaved, but it feels and looks terrible when it starts growing back.

The best thing I have come up with is to just trim real short with a trimmer.
0 x
ManagedMan

Post by ManagedMan »

If anything the hair seems to grow back in more abundance. I don't feel like that is a problem.

I regularly use a men's electric body hair shaver and don't have any problems with ingrown hairs.
0 x
Currently wearing: MCN Contender sized short
Also have: HT2 short black, HT2 regular clear, CB-6000, CB-6000s, BirdLock Original
Aarkey

Post by Aarkey »

The "hair coming back thicker" is a perception/wives tale thing.
http://www.scientificamerican.com/artic ... k-thicker/

I have shaved for 20+ years and the hair where I shave compared to the surrounding area is no different in the thickness at all. Hair does grow in a bit sharper at first, so if you do grow it out, the ends can be a bit more prickly than they become over time.

I used to shave with a razor, then got a very good bikini line electric called the Seiko CleanCut. I have written about it a few times here, it works very well and I use it every 2-3 days. You can find it easily on google. Note: do NOT leave the battery in it.

About 6 months ago I bought a lazer, which seems to be slowly having an effect on how quickly and how much hair grows back. It is not as effective as I hoped, but that might be possible because my skin down there is darker than the rest of my body (more plumb in color than light pink) and the darker the skin, the less effective the treatment.
0 x
"Some people need to be caged before they can be free." - Anon
braddogg4345

Post by braddogg4345 »

I think the hair growing back thicker and darker is a myth. I use a razor to shave, i use plenty of shaving cream, and i always go with the grain. I dont like to use the trimmers like other people have mentioned, because if you clip the scrotum, which i usually do, it hurts.
It does start to get itchy when the hairs start growing back, but you just shave again.
0 x
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

I started using a razor down there several years ago. I keep two razors in the shower. One for my face, which is the new blade and when that gets dull I use that razor for "her balls" :lol: and above. I shave at least every other day and over time it has become very manageable. No ingrown hairs and no cutting.

I am required to keep it stubble free or there will be consequences. :shock:

The Schick Hydro 5 for Sensitive Skin has been the best of those I've tried. Also, I haven't noticed any more hair growth since I started shaving.
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
dynamic

Post by dynamic »

I shave my pubic hair 20 years ago. I do not see any different or effect.
0 x