PLEASE READ THIS: Our Search/View function is broken

Living the real life under lock and key

Re: PLEASE READ THIS: Our Search/View function is broken

Postby Caged55 » Wed May 18, 2016 2:08 pm

Shouldn't this thread be under "Announcements" rather than topics?
Locked in a MM Jailbird, 24/7, living in permanent enforced chastity in a FLR/Wife Led Marriage- Previous CB6000s, Curve
Caged55

Postby Tom Allen » Wed May 18, 2016 5:59 pm

I'm posting it everywhere because many people don't really look at the announcements; they just log on and go to the Unread or New topics.
Tom Allen
Site Admin

Postby anominus » Thu May 19, 2016 1:34 am

Might be a good idea to change the site heading and tagline (the things on top next to thumper), perhaps with a <blink>attribute</blink>.

Firefox users can mitigate it by installing the "Random Agent Spoofer" extension, and making sure "Disable Referer" is activated under "Headers"
anominus

Postby TwistedMister » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:27 am

Tom- do you have ftp access to the server?
07/01/17 "I *really enjoy* teasing you, getting you all worked up and then leaving you hanging." --Mrs. Twisted
TwistedMister

Postby TwistedMister » Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:47 am

More than one way to skin a cat...

The offending web site that was causing the re-directs has been trashed. If anyone wants the name, address, phone number (how much does it cost to call Romania?) and e-mail of the asshole responsible, I have them.

You will now receive an error message telling you that the site www.google.com cannot be found if you click on a search link. Due to the way the link is formulated, this message is in error, it is not google that is unavailable, but the scammer's site. Google will work fine if you go to it directly.

Our site still needs to be fixed to correct the linking issue.
07/01/17 "I *really enjoy* teasing you, getting you all worked up and then leaving you hanging." --Mrs. Twisted
TwistedMister

Postby Aarkey » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:57 am

Just a thought, I'm not sure what version of phpBB we're running, but they're are a lot of updates out there - just upgrading to a newer version might resolve the issue. They just released an update yesterday... https://www.phpbb.com/downloads/
"Some people need to be caged before they can be free." - Anon
Aarkey

Postby Schnoff » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:10 am

Necro'ing this. I'm "fiddling level" with web hosting; right now I'm hosting a wordpress instance on Lightsail with a custom shell script to keep a Let's Encrypt cert current. If you guys want to see what state phpBB is in and what can be done about it, I'd be happy to help.
We'd take a copy of the site, spin it up elseweb, see what needs to be done to fix it; then bring it down for maintenance, take another copy/backup, and make the changes on the live site.
Schnoff

Previous

Return to General Chastity Chat