picking cage

Living the real life under lock and key
somethingnew

picking cage

Post by somethingnew »

how do you pick a cage. They are not cheap so you cant just kept trying different ones.

Also how should it fit. When soft how much of the cage should be filled, should there be some room for expansion?

I have measured my length several times and have come up with 2.5 2.75 and 3 in. I havent measured it when I am cold so my have some shrinkage as we get in to winter. what other measurement are needed,

any other tips would be appreciated
0 x
Subinmemphis

Re: picking cage

Post by Subinmemphis »

If your smallest is 2.5, go with 2 and 1/4. Trust me.
0 x
Katwalk is my key holder
somethingnew

Post by somethingnew »

Subinmemphis wrote:If your smallest is 2.5, go with 2 and 1/4. Trust me.

What one do you wear
0 x
TitaniumChastiTi

Post by TitaniumChastiTi »

Smaller is always better, experience not just advice !!!
0 x
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

I agree with Subinmemphis that you go for a device that doesn't allow you to grow.

There are several thoughts for someone just starting out. Custom stainless steel at $300+ vs a plastic adjustable for around 1/2 that cost. There are also now inexpensive metal devices on ebay and DHgate in the $30+ range. These might not be the long term solution but may help you get an idea of fit and comfort.

You also have to factor in if this will be a 'part-time' thing for you both or will you be in for the long haul.

For me, I started out with the plastic, adjustable CB6000s. Adjustable meant that you could vary the base ring size and the gap (the area between the base ring and the actual penis cage). The length of the cage and the diameter of the cage is not adjustable. Fortunately for me the diameter and length were pretty spot on so jumping to a custom stainless steel device was fairly easy.

If I was only wearing the device for 'playtime' or 'part-time' I wouldn't have been as concerned but we both very much liked this effect on our relationship so getting it as comfortable for 24/7 wear was important.

I spent pretty much a year in plastic, getting adjusted before making the jump. It's no fun wearing a poorly fitting device, even for a short time.

I'm sure others here will have some good info for you too.
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
attentive_husband

Post by attentive_husband »

My suggestion is measure carefully, go a bit smaller, and get one of the cheap Amazon steel ones. Try that for a couple of hours (days if it fits well) and from that you will then know exactly what you need.

Then get a custom one from MCN or MM.
0 x
wishful4

Post by wishful4 »

Some good advice given here. You must answer the question of; how will the device be used. Will it be just for short periods or for long term wear? I strictly use Mature Metal now and am on my third one just tweaking the measurements each time. For long term wear, I like the MM JailBird. It can be worn 24/7, and is very easy to keep clean. However, the experience gained with the CB 6K and 6Ks was invaluable. No matter which device you try, I recommend buying the sizing rings ($30) from MM. It's money well spent and will help you determine if any of the "off the shelf" models out there might fit you. There are new devices coming out all the time, so take your time and do the research. This site is a good place to start. Good Luck!
0 x
Wishful4
Current Device: DhGate A271
Caged55

Post by Caged55 »

I'd agree with getting a 1/4" shorter, you want a "cosy fit" with no room to grow for 24/7 wear, also as said above, get the measurement rings they are well worth it. I needed a second round of fitting with MM for my Jailbird, and it fits like a glove, and is very comfortable for long term wear 24/7, also measure over a couple of days, and choose the smaller version IMO.
I loved working with MM on this they are excellent and very responsive as well as helpful
0 x
MrCage

Post by MrCage »

I have been in a jailbird for a year and I must say it is very very comfortable. I wish though that I could get it a little shorter because the weight of the steel pulls down and leaves me a little bit a room in the end. But I ordered at four and three-quarter inch cage so if you're smaller than that weight may not be an issue. But I highly recommend using a mature metal jailbird it's very comfortable and can be one all the time.
0 x
It's good to be caged.
somethingnew

Post by somethingnew »

MrCage wrote:I have been in a jailbird for a year and I must say it is very very comfortable. I wish though that I could get it a little shorter because the weight of the steel pulls down and leaves me a little bit a room in the end. But I ordered at four and three-quarter inch cage so if you're smaller than that weight may not be an issue. But I highly recommend using a mature metal jailbird it's very comfortable and can be one all the time.

Man how big are you? :)
0 x