Chastity hygiene!

Living the real life under lock and key
JJsissy

Chastity hygiene!

Post by JJsissy »

Hey guys,

So I was thinking of a way to keep my belt clean,without opening it up, let's face it,it was a pain opening it up every now and then after peeing or for a shower :P

soooooooo I was going through the bathroom the other day, and I came across a tiny toothbrush ,you know the ones which we get in airplanes in the small pouches they provide us with.

So what I do is I'm the shower I put some soap on the brush,and manage to squeeze it through the opening at the tip ( need to angle it right) and I just brush it around the plastic cage! Works like a charm :D
And you can brush it again without the soap to ensure further cleanliness :D

I would love to hear about What the rest of you do to ensure proper hygiene :)
0 x
RegularJoe

Re: Chastity hygiene!

Post by RegularJoe »

With a open metal cage, like a MM Jailbird, there isn't really any trick to maintaining hygiene; just soap up in the shower, and rinse off. There's no place for crud to hide, and stainless steel can't retain odor, unlike plastic.
0 x
I'm not a gynecologist, but I'll take a very close look.
JJsissy

Post by JJsissy »

That's true actually, the odor does become an issue, but my gf's made me develop a habit of bathing twice a day,so not really much of an issue for myself O:)

But are there any drawbacks to the jailbird? Apart from the obvious such that u can't go through metal detectors with one on.
0 x
celticqueens_sub

Post by celticqueens_sub »

The JB is pretty awesome in most respects. Price is a draw back.
0 x
Owned and loved by Celtic Queen. Her perception is my reality.

Http://www.celticqueen.co.uk

Checkout http://keyheld.blogspot.com/ for lots of good blogs with great advice
KeyheldHubby

Post by KeyheldHubby »

As of this morning, I've owned my MM JB for 185 days, and have been lockd-up for 130 of them. Longest period locked was about 2 weeks.
But are there any drawbacks to the jailbird? Apart from the obvious such that u can't go through metal detectors with one on.
So here's been my MM JB experience:
- Hygiene: No issues whatsoever. As stated, soap and water keep it nice and clean. Completely odor-free with daily showers.
- Fit: Get it right the first time. "Home handymen" can't adjust it the way you probably can with a plastic device. MM sells a ring set to help you get the right base ring size. I didn't buy them because I didn't need to after wearing a home built for a long time.
- Durability: Stainless steel, prefectly-dressed and finished welded joints (bars to rings, etc). Need I say more? I've read some sources that state the CB-XXXX series tubes tend to split after a while.
- Weight: Almost not even noticable after about a week.
- Comfort: See "Fit" above. Most days I don't even know I'm wearing it, unless I move around. Even then, it's just "there." Open cage design permits air circulation and minimizes chafing / moisture buildup. No fancy tricks (like the stocking trick) required to don the cage. A little moisturizer around the base ring every day after showering ensures no base ring chafing, hot spots, or other discomfort.
- Security: As a ball-trap-device, it has all the benefits and drawbacks of that style of MCD. If the cage diameter is too big, pullout could be an issue. As discussed in at least one other thread, it's difficult to find a lock that will lay parallel to the long axis of the cage. Most will be perpendicular. At least one company may have a smaller lock, but I've never bought one. The hasp diameter of a small Master lock works just fine if the perpendicular lay of the lock isn't an issue for you.
- Airport security: Stainless steel. Nuff said. I travel a lot, and am uncaged when travelling - "honor system."
- Price: ~$300 for the basic model, but check the MM website for latest pricing for the cages and various options. Haven't done a LOT of research on custom-fit metal MCDs, but this is probably typical.
- Delivery from order: Mine took roughly 6 weeks. eMails from MM suggested that this is typical. You don't just "go down to your corner adult store" and buy one off the shelf.
- Visibility under clothing: For me not an issue. I never wear "tight" clothes, so appearance is never an issue, and I check every now and again with a full-length mirror in our bedroom. Mama says it isn't visible.
- Temperature control : When you first don the base ring after it has set out overnight in a cool / cold bedroom, after you've just gotten out of a nice, hot shower, be prepared for a "shock." Stainless gets COLD! :o Ditto the cage... It warms up quickly enough, but it gets your attention the first time you do it.
- Ability to sleep: I tend to sleep mostly on my side or on my stomach. On my side there's no issues whatsoever. On my stomach, I can feel a kind of "pressure" in my groin area as the base ring presses uniformly into my crotch. Rather pleasant actually...
- Comfort with long-term wear: My longest period locked up has been about 2 weeks. I've encountered no issues whatsoever with chafing, rubbing, soreness, ANYTHING in fact. I have no reason to believe that if Mama wanted to keep me locked indefinitely, she could and there would be no physical issues (at least with the cage). My head would probably explode though... :mrgreen:

My overall impression?
I'm happy as a clam and would get another JB in an instant. Outstanding value for what we spent. I can reasonably foresee being locked in my JB for YEARS to come (no pun intended). :lol:

Hope this helps.
0 x
Various home builts for almost 2 years. Current: Jailbird since January 2013.
wishful4

Post by wishful4 »

When I was locked in the CB6ks, hygiene was a huge issue living the heat and humidity of the deep south. I found some foam swabs on 6-7 inch plastic sticks of the type used to clean electronic equipment. They did a great job of being able to get to the hard to reach spots in the plastic cage and were reusable. Even so, the device still needed to come off once a week for a thorough cleaning. Q-tip swabs just weren't long or strong enough to clean with. It's imperative that you clean twice a day and stay ahead of the hygiene issue. Nothing will turn a partner off to MC faster than smelly genitals when she desires some playtime. I still use these swabs with the Queen's Keep, as well. I may be able to provide a link for you if needed.
0 x
Wishful4
Current Device: DhGate A271
chastityslave22

Post by chastityslave22 »

For reasons of hygiene i am very glad - especially with the hot weather we have now in Holland - that i had rebuilt my heavy stainless steel Carrara-chastitybelt in april by removing all the rubber lining, which after a few days of wearing allways started to smell bad. Now it is all steel everywhere attached to the naked skin.

Although - as the waistbelt had after removal of the rubber to be replaced by a much thicker one to prevent it from cutting the skin - the whole belt now weights 2,2 instead of 1,7 kilos, it is much more comfortable to wear now, as one perspires less in it and as one can more easily clean the belt thoroughly while it stays locked on - which of course is something that my Master deems a great plus.
0 x
JJsissy

Post by JJsissy »

wishful4 wrote: I may be able to provide a link for you if needed.

I would be very thankful if you did so :D

Also another general question, is it ever TOO much baby oil? Because I read somewhere that using lubricant every time is not good, so since then I've been using baby oil for my skin, especially near the scrotum and A ring of my CB6k. And whenever I wake up in the middle of the night because of the pain down there, I just dollop some baby oil onto it and yeh that helps a bit.
0 x
JJsissy

Post by JJsissy »

chastityslave22 wrote:Although - as the waistbelt had after removal of the rubber to be replaced by a much thicker one to prevent it from cutting the skin - the whole belt now weights 2,2 instead of 1,7 kilos.

How do you manage carrying all that weight around :O
0 x
chastityslave22

Post by chastityslave22 »

You get very quickly used to that. The weight is divided over your whole waist. But of course, you allwasys know the chastitybelt is there (as you should). But keep away of metal-detectors at the airport (smile)
0 x