PA Jewelry

Living the real life under lock and key
gungadn

PA Jewelry

Post by gungadn »

I recently finally got up the courage and got my PA piercing and the fitting for my Steelheart. It is not a major issue, but, sometimes the bead on the Captive Ball ring rotates to "less than convenient" locations. (pressing against the piercing, blocking the hole in the Steelheart, etc). I remember Thumper posting something similar once on here or on his blog.

So, the question is, do any of you that have PA's have any experience with Segment Captive Rings:
http://www.painfulpleasures.com/xcart/c ... hp?cat=185

It seems like they would work better while locked up as there is no Ball to cause issues. However, we are all too aware how much "seams" can cause irritation. So, I was wondering if anyone in the group had ever tried them and if they had any issues with the seams causing irritation.

Thanks
0 x
GungaDN

This is just my experience, yours can.... and probably will.... vary!

Currently Wearing:Steelheart.
Owns: CB3000, CB6000, Steelheart II, Steelheart, various home-built models.
Whizbang

Re: PA Jewelry

Post by Whizbang »

Not the brand you mention, but, yes, I ultimately found similar designs unusable.
0 x
gungadn

Re: PA Jewelry

Post by gungadn »

Just a follow up on this... Thanks Whizbang for your feedback. However, based on only the 1 response, I figured there has not been much experience with these. And, as we all know, everyone is different and different products can have different outcomes.... So, for the $15.00, I figured I may as well give it a try.

I ended up purchasing this one:
http://www.titaniumonly.com/product_tit ... 41430.html

And, while wearing the Steelheart, I had a completely different experience. It is working out great. The joints are so tight, I have a hard time telling where they are to put it on.
There is a slight "twinge" if the joints spin through the piercing. But, that is nothing to the issues I was having with the Captive bead.

So, If anyone else is thinking of this, I would just suggest getting the highest quality segment ring you can find, and giving it a try. It is definitely more comfortable inside the Steelheart than the captive ball ring was.
0 x
GungaDN

This is just my experience, yours can.... and probably will.... vary!

Currently Wearing:Steelheart.
Owns: CB3000, CB6000, Steelheart II, Steelheart, various home-built models.