Acrylic CB6000 vs Metal One

Living the real life under lock and key
valleylover

Acrylic CB6000 vs Metal One

Post by valleylover »

are there any advantages to going metal. i do like the metal ring has a hinge for it would seem easier to fit on
0 x
Sub Cy

Re: Acrylic CB6000 vs Metal One

Post by Sub Cy »

While I can't speak from personal experience on anything metal, I used to have an Acrylic CB6k but it's now broke. It seems like a lot of them like to have issues like seam splitting/pinching (trust me it's BARRELS of fun when you pinch your skin in it accidentally) and some people have even the cage develop cracks.

Personally mine went the seams got loose and would pinch and a pin fell out route. Granted this wasn't like 1 week into the device's lifespan, more like a year or two of random use.

Metal devices (not sure if you mean the metal CB6k as I know there are some out there) shouldn't have any of those problems if it's one of the well made ones. Plus you'll get the custom fit to know it's right for you.

Of course on the downside, it's metal. It's more expensive than plastic. And if you go somewhere with metal detectors (sporting events, the airport, etc) you could run into a world of hurt with it on.
0 x