Submissive vs. Sissy

Living the real life under lock and key
Blaeu

Submissive vs. Sissy

Post by Blaeu »

The difference?

Now, don't get me wrong, I think they are VERY different. Some of the obvious ones may by women's clothes, men suddenly having clits, etc. My question/discussion is about the line that separates them.

Now, before I continue I want to say that I mean no offense to anyone and any term that one may view as offensive is unintentional.

Is "Sissy" a degree of "Submissive?" Or, is it just a flavor to it? If I am submissive and continue to become more submissive, will I wake up one day as a sissy with pretty pink panties on? Or, is it possible to be even more submissive than a "sissy" and still have leg hair?

Now, six months ago I would have said it was pretty obvious, and I can still draw a "thick" line between them. However, having been exploring the various areas of MC with the wife, I am beginning to push towards this line and I'm finding it hard to tell them apart. Let me give some examples.

Anal play -- Having it done, wanting it done, shaving your ass in anticipation of it... varying degrees here

Using strap-ons to please your wife, coupled with not having use of your penis.

Minds going blank on more examples as I started writing this 30 minutes ago and got distracted. I hope my point is clear. I'm curious on how others view this line and I'm not looking for any "rights" or "wrongs." It may be as simple as context or view points on a given activity, while others are more on one side compared to another.
0 x
fuzzydunlop

Re: Submissive vs. Sissy

Post by fuzzydunlop »

This sounds like another one of those, "if he's into this, will it turn into that?" debates. Insert any kink you want into "this" and that"

One can, but doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the other. Don't you think that most people that are into a sissy kink are into it as a sub-genre of being submissive, but not everyone who is submissive is going to be into sissy kinks or other forms of gender play? Also, not everyone who is into blurring gender, is necessarily going to be into a sissy kink? We still have some pretty strong ideas of gender lines in our society, which adds all kinds of taboos to playing with gender role, as well as a variety of other baggage. I don't blame you if you haven't "discovered" this until recently, but there are tons of people who are into D/s play that don't like gender play.

At the end of the day, isn't really about what you like, and what your partner likes, and what you like to do together?
Last edited by fuzzydunlop on Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
zombiegod13

Post by zombiegod13 »

I would say there is a great overlap between the two for sure. I can also imagine that a person might go down the road as a submissive person and, as time passes, grow into more of the sissy role. It seems like it could be a natural progression, but not a required one. The relationship between the partners of a relationship would also impact this, and someone might never consider the sissy role, but once they are pushed into it by their dom, they find themselves entirely liking such a role. Or maybe they won't like it but still love the submissive role. Psychologically speaking, there are many possible outcomes.

With the idea of anal play influencing the sissy role, I think I might disagree a bit. Sure, that could be an activity that works for a sissy man, but as a gay person myself I have never felt sissified during anal sex.

All in all, many variables play into this. I'd say it just depends on the involved parties.
0 x
Locked by LRC

Post by Locked by LRC »

I think that straight men sometimes read too much into enjoying anal sex. I think it creates a homophobic fear and the thought of being less a man. This is society pressure at its best.

To me this would be like a woman worrying about being a lesbian because she enjoys cunnilingus or a strap-on.
0 x
Current device - MM Custom
Previous devices - CB2000, 3000, 6000, 6000s, Curve
chasteboi

Post by chasteboi »

My view is that a sissy is a form of submissive. I have never heard of a dominant sissy...

I say "form" of submissive, rather than a degree of submissiveness, and often the road traveled by the sub is determined more by the Dom(me) than the sub himself. If the wife wants you in panties, you wear panties, if she wants you in diapers you wear diapers, and if she wants you in chastity but regular menswear, then that is what you wear.
0 x
poor

Post by poor »

You'd illustrate the two with a Venn diagram rather than a pie chart. Cross Dressing is a separate kink that stands by itself and can also be an element of any other form of play.
0 x
poor is the man whose pleasures depend on the permission of another