CB 6000s Cleaning & Hygiene Tip

Living the real life under lock and key
wishful4

CB 6000s Cleaning & Hygiene Tip

Post by wishful4 »

We have found the greatest swab for daily cleaning of the CD without removing it. It was ordered from www.swabits.com. The part number is 71-4542 and it is a 6 inch foam tipped swab that will reach everywhere inside the cage, doesn't come apart, and can be washed and reused. They are sold in lots of 50 and up. We can't say enough about how good they are. Staying on top of the odor was one of my worst problems. This item has solved it without having to remove it.
0 x
Wishful4
Current Device: DhGate A271
Atone
Re: CB 6000s Cleaning & Hygiene Tip

Post by Atone »

When I was using my CB3000 I used q-tips and they sucked, you would get little cotton pieces that would come off and get stuck inside. These look like they would be much better.

The plastic handle would be good for "manipulating" things in the cage as well. I use wooden craft sticks that I got Michaels and they work OK but I worry about getting a splinter. That would really hurt and be hard to get out.

-A
0 x
likes2blocked

Re: CB 6000s Cleaning & Hygiene Tip

Post by likes2blocked »

For a CB-3000/6000(s), the approach I used was to have a hand-held shower massager. You can put it on a concentrated stream, which allows you to clean in there. For most days, a little soap would do, but if you wanted to clean more thoroughly, get some shampoo in there, move things around so that everything gets cleaned, and then rinse very thoroughly.

Even so, it would need to be off about once a week for a good cleaning. That's one of the aspects of the Jailbird that's a huge improvement - cleaning is no problem at all.
0 x