Horrible blister / chafing / burning / itching problem

Living the real life under lock and key
hot_toddy_dog

Horrible blister / chafing / burning / itching problem

Post by hot_toddy_dog »

So I just completed over 30 days in the Steelheart. I'm out during the day, but I was locked every night until last night. I was doing fine like this, but last weekend decided to push for all weekend, from Friday night to Monday morning, and I ended up getting a bit of a rash.

Well since then this rash has spread, it is angry and irritated. There was a sore spot on the scrotum that wouldn't stop secreting moisture, then it also started itching, and now it has spread a bit to my penis as well. At first I thought it was just skin chafing, but the itching is really bad and it seems to have spread. It also seems to spread worse if I go back in the tube. Currently the tube is sitting in a 10% bleach solution, disinfecting and will be scrubbed clean before I can try using it again, which won't be for a couple days :(

Could we be talking about a metal allergy here (not sure why it wouldn't pop up right away), or is it possible I have given myself a dreaded yeast infection / jock itch? I do work out a lot too and use a gym, and on top of that to keep the chastity A-ring burn at bay, I've been applying moisturiser around the A-ring. And I haven't been wearing cotton underwear, or anything really breathable, so it's been like a jungle down there for the past month. I stopped using the moisturiser and the problem is not better, and I started treatment with an anti-fungal, and things seem to be improving. I may look at going the "dry" route with baby powder to soothe the scrotum if this turns out to be indeed the case.

Anyone here ever have a similar experience, and what was your diagnosis / outcome? How can I learn to sleep with the belt on without resorting to lubing the A-ring, or is there a specific type of lubricant that won't cause these moisture problems? I'm okay with taking the belt off before going to sleep if I have to, but I actually prefer to sleep in it for a number of reasons - I like being unable to touch my penis, masturbate, or have any nocturnal emissions / orgasm dreams, and it feels good to cuddle my wife while wearing it. That easily makes up for any minor discomforts, but when major discomfort strikes, I need to either resort to lube or just take the belt off.

On the plus side, I can now wear the regular A-ring instead of the anatomical one, which began to press in one very specific area, at the middle rear of the scrotum, and started causing a blister. That doesn't happen with the regular ring.
0 x
Atone
Re: Horrible blister / chafing / burning / itching problem

Post by Atone »

I hope you figure this out, let us know how it goes.

I find that the "dry" route is better most of the time and only use a little hand lotion inside the tube each morning. I use a q-tip and apply it through the pee hole. Other than that I find that any lube / moisturizer ends up leading to more discomfort rather than less.

Definitely try using the baby powder at least once everything heals up. I used baby powder for a while working through an issue. Try different things and see what works.
0 x
Whizbang

Post by Whizbang »

hot_toddy_dog wrote:Well since then this rash has spread, it is angry and irritated. There was a sore spot on the scrotum that wouldn't stop secreting moisture, then it also started itching, and now it has spread a bit to my penis as well.
Not a doctor, but that sure sounds more like a fungal or other infection than just chafing.
0 x
hot_toddy_dog

Post by hot_toddy_dog »

Well, it's responding really well to anti-fungal and keeping everything dry. Will need to continue treatment for the rest of the week just to be sure. I am hopeful that I may be back in the belt tonight, but if there is any doubt that will work, I will have to wait. :o Just realized I have reached the point where I almost can't stand not being in the belt at night. It's a good place to be.
0 x
kept4her

Post by kept4her »

One thing I heard about with the steelheart was the difficult getting everything clean and getting everything dried off completely. You may have got a fungus or rash because of that. I think staying out and letting everything "breath" a while and get health, then with the steelheart you may need to just remove it and clean everything and put it back on daily.
0 x
I have finally found the device I needed to begin my journey in chastity. I have never been happier in my marriage to my wife, lover, soul mate and now Keyholder.
Atone

Post by Atone »

kept4her wrote:One thing I heard about with the steelheart was the difficult getting everything clean and getting everything dried off completely. You may have got a fungus or rash because of that. I think staying out and letting everything "breath" a while and get health, then with the steelheart you may need to just remove it and clean everything and put it back on daily.
I have not experienced this.

My routine is simple. Wash with soapy water in a wash bottle. Rinse with clean water in a wash bottle. When I get out of the shower I use one q-tip (both ends) to dry inside the tube around the drain hole (pee hole). Then a little later I use a q-tip with a little hand lotion inside the drain hole.

This has worked for pretty long periods of time. Longest with no removal what so ever was 88 days, frequently go 30 or more days at a time.
0 x
hot_toddy_dog

Post by hot_toddy_dog »

I should mention that I hit the gym daily, and swap out underwear for working out, then return to the same underwear after I shower. It's highly possible something transferred from my shower slippers to my underwear while in a locker and the CB just aggravated that situation.
0 x
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4

Post by TwistedMister »

A warm, humid environment is perfect for incubating a yeast infection. Some Gyne-Lotrimin might help.
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
hot_toddy_dog

Post by hot_toddy_dog »

Regular Lotrimin (actually Lotrimin-ULTRA) is working fine. I suspect the other version is designed for internal delivery, not external application. That and baby powder seems to make the itch go away.

Spent last night in the belt, apparently not a good idea. Also, really surprised nobody else has had this same problem before, I've not heard any stories of it in all the chastity forums I've read. I'll keep you updated, if it goes beyond a week I will go see a dermatologist, but lets hope that isn't required.
0 x
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4

Post by TwistedMister »

hot_toddy_dog wrote:Regular Lotrimin (actually Lotrimin-ULTRA) is working fine. I suspect the other version is designed for internal delivery, not external application. That and baby powder seems to make the itch go away.
Some years ago, I was having a problem with my feet but regular treatments for 'Athlete's Foot' weren't working. It was getting to the point where it was making me crazy and one day I was driving past a hospital and decided to stop in. It happened to be a 'women's' hospital. Several docs looked at my feet but were stumped. Finally, one said he had an idea. He took a sample and went off to examine it. He came back smiling- he said "You have a yeast infection, this should clear it up." He handed me a tube of gyne-lotrimin.

A few days later, the problem was completely cleared up.
Spent last night in the belt, apparently not a good idea. Also, really surprised nobody else has had this same problem before, I've not heard any stories of it in all the chastity forums I've read. I'll keep you updated, if it goes beyond a week I will go see a dermatologist, but lets hope that isn't required.
Maybe you're just lucky? (But with luck like that, be careful crossing railroad tracks.)
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted