Question

Living the real life under lock and key
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Re: Question

Post by Tom Allen »

justplaying wrote:PS. Just a question to all those New England readers: When I first moved to New England I noticed a use of grammar that I have never encountered anywhere else in the US. I call it the New England negative. The usage goes something like this; "I don't take my coffee with milk. So, don't I. or So doesn't he." Instead of so do I or so does he. It's interesting because I have only heard it here in New England....anybody else notice that?
Not sure where you are in New England, but here's a typical usage for me:

JP: "I don't take my coffee with sugar."
TA: "Neither do I."

[shrugs]
0 x
Dev

Post by Dev »

It's interesting because I have only heard it here in New England....anybody else notice that?
Yes, and it drives me wicked up the wall. :D

D
0 x
The Key is on my Nipple Ring
a couple's explorations with a chaste life, from the wife's point of view
Dev's Gallery
my stash of good looking men
Keyheld: Chastity Resources for Lovers
justplaying

Post by justplaying »

Thanks Dev. That guy from CT thinks he lives in New England....Where we come from if half the state roots for the NY Yankees, you can't really count them as being part of New England now can you? : ) But seriously, I have noticed the "New England" negative primarily in MA, NH, RI, ME (among some other oddities in this state) and every so often in VT, but never in CT. Being somewhat dyslexic I tend to hear things like this very easily...of course it may also explain the troubles I have with spelling and grammar. I hated diagramming sentences...ugh!
0 x
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Tom Allen »

justplaying wrote:Thanks Dev. That guy from CT thinks he lives in New England....Where we come from if half the state roots for the NY Yankees, you can't really count them as being part of New England now can you?
Well, hell's bells! Half the state is slowly becoming a suburb of NYC anyway...
0 x
justplaying

Post by justplaying »

I hear you. My Dad and sister are living there now and they both were from New York too! But really, that's why the regional sound is dying out...pretty soon, our children will all sound like CNN news anchors...yikes!
0 x