CB devices and motorcycles

Living the real life under lock and key
locked4her55
Re: CB devices and motorcycles

Post by locked4her55 »

I've been riding for almost 40 years and just like us, motorcycle seats and the position you ride in are different. I'm not so sure I would have been so comfortable with a CD on zipping around on my "rice rocket" 30+ years ago as I am today on my Glide.

I can say that it did teach me one day that I needed to move down one ring size when while wearing my CB6000s my small testi slipped out and the other couldn't. :o :lol:

How about a patch that says: MC (those not in the know would think it stood for Motor Cycle) "Cage the Hog" :lol: Those riding "rice rockets" could be altered to read MC "Life without a Hog" :lol: :lol:
Last edited by locked4her55 on Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Happily secured since 4/2010 :-)
Have worn CB3000, CB6000s, MM Jail Bird & Watchful Mistress,
DHgate A271 & 273, DHgate Full Stainless Steel Belt & DHgate HT nub
Currently wearing A273
Finn

Post by Finn »

I've been riding for 30 years, worked in the business, managed a bike shop and raced for that shop for many years, but I still dont really know what a "crotch rocket" is. I havent heard "rice rocket" used since the 80's, but it used to mean anything made in Japan, usually smaller and often a 2 stroke. I did have a 72 Kawasaki 350 triple 2 stroke at one time. That was a rice rocket! I've owned over 30 bikes and ridden a number of cruisers, and I just cant do the riding position. For me, it compromises my ability to feel what the bike is doing and my ability to steer and corner the bike beyond a slower pace. I'd love a cruiser as a 2nd bike though, as I now live in the country and there's some hilly, scenic and fairly straight roads that suit slowing down and having a look around. Honestly, I dont find my bike at all uncomfortable. The riding position is pretty much the same as a dirt-bike, and gives the same sort of degree of control that, that style of bike allows. When we go on trips, I swap to a touring seat (a bucket 2 up, by Russell day-long. Great seat.) and put the hard bags and trunk on. I cant do low bars, because of carpal tunnel, so I run a set of taller dirt-bike aluminium bars (with heated grips for cold weather...great addition) that are low by cruiser standards, but still give good feedback from the front wheel. I'm in my mid-late 40's and find it a great bike for day/weekend trips.

I have owned a number of bikes that were pretty serious vibrators. I've even had a few women passengers "get off" while sitting behind me. One was 20 years ago, and I still wonder if she knows that I noticed! It would be a whole new experience to have a passenger enjoying the vibrations while the rider just gets a bit envious! :)
0 x
Living with my 2 favorite people, in a semi-poly situation. Serving my Mistress Crosby, who holds my keys.
TwistedMister
Last orgasm: October 21st, 2020
Orgasms this year: 4

Post by TwistedMister »

Finn wrote:"...but I still dont really know what a "crotch rocket" is. I havent heard "rice rocket" used since the 80's, but it used to mean anything made in Japan, usually smaller and often a 2 stroke."
Nowadays, I think the terms 'crotch rocket' and 'rice rocket' mean pretty much the same thing- any jap bike similar to the Ninja...I think it might be more generally known as the 'cafe racer' style in which the rider is in more of a hunched forward position over the tank. 'Crotch rocket' can be more generally applied to other brands such as Ducati, which has a similar style.
"...cruisers, and I just cant do the riding position. For me, it compromises my ability to feel what the bike is doing and my ability to steer and corner the bike beyond a slower pace.
Well, that *is* the 'point' of a 'cruiser', you aren't going to run the Tail of the Dragon in 11 minutes on one. It's a more 'laid-back style of riding. You're supposed to slow down, kick back and enjoy the scenery instead just seeing a white dashed line turn into a blurred solid.
0 x
04/07/19 "And then I 'punished' you by making you lick my pussy after I let my other 'boy' fuck me." --Mrs. Twisted
Finn

Post by Finn »

Crotch rocket is such a confusing term to me, because it get used in so many ways. I've had people call my bike a crotch rocket because it has 4 cylinders. Because it's a 600. Because my feet arent out in front (Is an HD Dyna a crotch rocket then?) of me. Because I wear a full face helmet, jacket and gloves to ride it. I've had people call bikes like the Honda ST1300 or Kawi Concours, crotch rockets, then had the riders of those sorts of bikes call sport bikes crotch rockets. I've built cafe' racers and had the cafe guys call modern sport-bikes crotch rockets. I've had my bike(s) called crotch rockets in jest. I've had people say it as an insult. I've had people say it to make it clear that my sort of bike is not welcome parked near theirs. I've heard it as a substitute for "Ninja bike" (Ninja is a range of Kawasaki's from the 80's to today and includes everything from 250 commuter bikes to sport bikes.) I just get the feeling that it means different things to different people, which makes it hard to pin down as a term.

For me, I love being challenged by a road or corner(s). It's not about straight line speed. Anybody can open a throttle and go straight. I've done my time on the track, Ive gone fast and I dont need to do that on public roads. Getting a bike seriously banked over, with just centrifugal force holding you up, the tires sliding, the suspension working, being in just the right gear and opening the gas at just the right moment is my happy place. For me, the perfect bike doesnt hold you back, but also doesnt have such a high performance envelope that you need to take crazy risks to get it near its limits. Something that can attack a set of corners, then be a great platform for enjoying the scenery in the same ride. And it has to be fairly comfortable because Im getting older..lol. :)
0 x
Living with my 2 favorite people, in a semi-poly situation. Serving my Mistress Crosby, who holds my keys.
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

I agree, "rice rocket" to me describes, as Finn put it, the Ninja style bike. They are usually the one going by me on the highway doing a "buck-10" with the driver wearing a sleeveless shirt, shorts, and flip flops. :lol:
I surely wouldn't put the Kawasaki Voyager or the Honda Goldwing for example in the RR category.

I love nothing better than riding in the mountains on a winding back road with 20 other cruisers and watching the bikes up ahead leaning their machines over so far to make the turn that the floorboards are kicking up sparks, knowing that within seconds you'll be doing the very same thing. Live to ride, love to be locked. :D
0 x
Currently wearing A273
Jeffnicely

Post by Jeffnicely »

How about a patch that says: MC (those not in the know would think it stood for Motor Cycle) "Cage the Hog" :lol: Those riding "rice rockets" could be altered to read MC "Life without a Hog" :lol: :lol:[/quote]

NICE! I'm gonna work on patches for us!
0 x
Finn

Post by Finn »

locked4her55 wrote: I love nothing better than riding in the mountains on a winding back road with 20 other cruisers and watching the bikes up ahead leaning their machines over so far to make the turn that the floorboards are kicking up sparks, knowing that within seconds you'll be doing the very same thing. Live to ride, love to be locked. :D
That actually scares me far more than battling 30 other licensed racers on a track, on bikes that are designed to have a bigger performance envelope when it comes to cornering and braking. Tight formations of bikes with limited ground clearance and riders I don't know is a recipe for disaster. Here's something that's doing the rounds in some bike forums to see what I mean. Flip through the pics to get to the scary parts. Hopefully they guy is/was OK. He gets distracted by the photographer, grounds the frame out in a corner I've seen images of several cruisers crash in, then runs wide and target fixates on an oncoming corvette. Ride safe everyone!

http://xtremesportsphotography.photoref ... po=0&pc=28
0 x
locked4her55

Post by locked4her55 »

No question a very bad crash. The distraction of the photographer and not set up for the turn were contributing factors to this unfortunate accident.
0 x
Currently wearing A273