Emergency keys - revisited

Living the real life under lock and key
wishful4

Re: Emergency keys - revisited

Post by wishful4 »

She keeps my emergency key in her purse and the other key in the bathroom vanity drawer. If she leaves me alone at home, she carries both keys with her. If we go together, she has the emergency key in her purse or, occasionally will unlock me before we leave and have me relock when we return home. I never know what she has in mind. I have left the house alone without a key, but she doesn't really like me doing that but I often forget. Managing my locked and chaste condition is the thing she likes least about male chastity because she sometimes forgets whether I am locked (or unlocked).
0 x
Wishful4
Current Device: DhGate A271
Shoeslave88

Post by Shoeslave88 »

Realistically you can cut the lock with a pair of wire cutters depending on the type of device. If it's a serious medical emergency the emergency responders would probably cut it off. Mine is currently riveted on and has not come off for several months. We have never had emergency keys. If I go through metal detectors I either tell them I have a lot of jewelry down there and they let me through but on occasion I'm Taken to the side room where I have to show them what I have and as long as they don't deem it to be a threat then I pull my pants back up and I go on my way.
0 x
I'm better when I'm locked up... That's why it's riveted on
PatMcGroin

Post by PatMcGroin »

I saw this on Rigid Chastity and made my own. http://rigidchastity.com/index.php?rout ... duct_id=61

It is basically a small diameter pipe with a cutout for the head of the key and a hole to secure it with a breakable seal.
0 x
Bird in a Cage

Post by Bird in a Cage »

Tom Allen wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:19 am But the new stainless steel devices with the integrated locks generally do not have an obvious place to cut. For example, my A272 has a cast base ring with a wide profile. It's definitely not like taking a bolt cutter to a 1/4" wide Mature Metal base ring. Somebody familiar with the device might quickly figure out that one could drill out the brass lock, but that might be a problem in an emergency situation.
While trying to file down the sharp edges of an integrated lock, I found that if you file even 1/32 of an inch from the surface of the top of the lock, you’ll uncover the springs holding the pins in place. Tip upside down, let the pins and springs drop out and the plug (lock) will rotate without a key. A few stokes with a metal file on the flat top surface is all you need. Much safer than putting a spinning drill bit down by our precious bits.
2 x
Securely within an MCN Adaptus.
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Tom Allen »

BC, there are two types of those barrel locks. The ones with the flat piece of sheet brass swedged into the top are the cheap crappy ones. The better ones are made with drilled and pinned holes.

I broke a few of the cheap ones just testing them until I discovered the difference. I found a supplier that had the better ones and bought several (bonus - all keyed alike).

That said, I could still Dremel or saw/file them down and pop out the tumbler pins. Or possibly drill into the keyhole. But that kind of work becomes a deterrent because of the time and risk factor.
0 x
KittensBoyToy

Post by KittensBoyToy »

PatMcGroin wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:09 pm I saw this on Rigid Chastity and made my own. http://rigidchastity.com/index.php?rout ... duct_id=61

It is basically a small diameter pipe with a cutout for the head of the key and a hole to secure it with a breakable seal.
Kitten and I have discussed an emergency key. The idea of putting it in our safe deposit box came to both of us but that would take time t get to and would be inaccessible after bank hours. Defeats the purpose of an 'emergency' key. Initially I think she plans to use the sealed and signed envelope like many have suggested.

I like the spare key holder. Should be able to make one fairly easily if Kitten wants me to. I might also incorporate the disposable seal idea on a wood key box or a compartment in the toy box I want to build for her.
0 x
Kitten's Boy Toy
I'm Kitten's property and She keeps Her property secure in a Jail Bird!
Michele

Post by Michele »

My hubby always had an emergency key... I made it "tamper evident" and even when I had locked up subby boys on the side, they had a similar thing. I either made their key tamper evident or we used a container with a numbered plastic lock.

I am one who is all for an emergency key, especially for long distance, etc.
0 x
Wife, Girlfriend & KeyHolder
My boys are Wearing: Jail Bird (cm) Steelheart (a)
Owned Devices: MM Jail Bird (x2), MM Spyder, MM Locking Double Cockring, Steelworxx Revenge
Click here for Our blog & Podcast
Bird in a Cage

Post by Bird in a Cage »

Tom Allen wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:26 am

I broke a few of the cheap ones just testing them until I discovered the difference. I found a supplier that had the better ones and bought several (bonus - all keyed alike).
Tom, please share the supplier info. I have a couple of the Chinese designs where the lock sticks out at an odd angle and my KH won’t snuggle because of the sharp edges of the barrel. If I could file down the edges a bit, it would give us more long term options.
0 x
Securely within an MCN Adaptus.
cuyahoga

Post by cuyahoga »

I still love the packing tape around the dollar bill. Simple, effective, easy to carry...
0 x
Last orgasm: February 7th, 2024.
Tom Allen
Site Admin
Last orgasm: April 1st, 2018
Orgasms this year: 0

Post by Tom Allen »

Hmm. The DHGate store where I bought them doesn't have a working link anymore. :-\

I'll hunt around a bit, but you can buy the good German ones from the Holy Trainer site, or the keptforher.com website.

I learned that those barrel locks are often used to put into the big, old fashioned skeleton keyholes of old buildings in Europe. One British supplier calls them "Lockblockers."
1 x